House designer needed

poby

I have drawn up a plan for an 80sqm house I want to build but I need a pro to turn it into blueprints a builder can use.  Someone who knows what is practical and possible and is aware of stuff like "drywall/plasterboard" and can make a design that is no more expensive than necessary, but is of sufficiently high quality to satisfy a kano's expectations.  e.g. I'm thinking roof frame should be aluminium vs wood but I need a professional to advise.

Can anyone recommend someone who can do this, ideally in the Toledo/Balamban area (unlikely) but in Cebu City is fine.  I'm just looking for construction blueprints that a local builder can follow.  (I know a good local builder)

A_Simple_Man
6 minutes ago, poby said:

I know a good local builder

This may be stating the obvious, but since you know a good local builder have you asked him for the name of someone who draws blueprints that he can follow?

• Like 1
Enuff

If interested my BIL, who is working in Indonesia, can probably drawn them up nicely then send you a file for printing.

He has drawn up my initial wall/store, house, Sala, dirty kitchen and laundry. 5 different projects, I usually just send him an Excel design with as many measurements as possible, in m/cm.

His plans have served both of our different contractors well, no issues.

Send me a PM if you want his info.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
oztony
15 minutes ago, poby said:

. I'm thinking roof frame should be aluminium vs wood but I need a professional to advise.

Aluminium has to be tig welded or just plain bracketed and bolted to join sections together and would require substantial sizes to take loads and span .....(forget that idea)

Steel angle is available and easily welded to fabricate trusses or when used to hand pitch a roof , red oxide primer and epoxy paint will ensure no rust (in your lifetime).....

• Like 3
shadow
13 minutes ago, oztony said:

Aluminium has to be tig welded or just plain bracketed and bolted to join sections together and would require substantial sizes to take loads and span .....(forget that idea)

That is what I was taught and always believed too. I was totally blown away when Papa bought aluminum rod downtown, and promptly arc welded a crack on an aluminum manifold.

Evidently nobody had ever taught him it could not be done.

I agree steel would be the much cheaper and easier material to deal with though. 

• Like 2
poby
3 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

This may be stating the obvious, but since you know a good local builder have you asked him for the name of someone who draws blueprints that he can follow?

Yeah I'd rather have an independent designer for some reason.  Not sure why exactly just a gut feeling.

3 hours ago, oztony said:

Steel angle is available and easily welded to fabricate trusses or when used to hand pitch a roof , red oxide primer and epoxy paint will ensure no rust (in your lifetime).....

Yeah I have no idea about this stuff hence the need for a pro.  I just want it not to rust away or be eaten by termites for at least 30 years.  The roof needs to span at least 8 metres so it needs someone who is qualified to design the correct trusses.

3 hours ago, Enuff said:

If interested my BIL, who is working in Indonesia, can probably drawn them up nicely then send you a file for printing.

He has drawn up my initial wall/store, house, Sala, dirty kitchen and laundry. 5 different projects, I usually just send him an Excel design with as many measurements as possible, in m/cm.

His plans have served both of our different contractors well, no issues.

Send me a PM if you want his info.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, will think about it but I'd prefer someone here I can sit down with and discuss in person.  I'm sure my plan will need small modifications and it's simpler in person.

fred42

We have always used the Municipal engineer and architect..We have found it`s always much simpler and quicker to get the building permit that way.

Jawny
4 hours ago, poby said:

I have drawn up a plan for an 80sqm house I want to build but I need a pro to turn it into blueprints a builder can use.  Someone who knows what is practical and possible and is aware of stuff like "drywall/plasterboard" and can make a design that is no more expensive than necessary, but is of sufficiently high quality to satisfy a kano's expectations.  e.g. I'm thinking roof frame should be aluminium vs wood but I need a professional to advise.

Can anyone recommend someone who can do this, ideally in the Toledo/Balamban area (unlikely) but in Cebu City is fine.  I'm just looking for construction blueprints that a local builder can follow.  (I know a good local builder)

As already suggested, if you know a builder you’d use, I’d suggest you ask his advice as to getting plans made.  I made a sincere effort to find an architect to help design a house I built, many years ago.  After some preliminary discusssions, it was apparent the designer was full of ideas of just what a "Kano" wanted.  That is, assumptions about room sizes etc, jacuzzis, sunken baths, swimming pools and the like.  It was obvious it would be a challenge to guide the designer. 

The builder I used did create a plan, which was necessary for the building permit.  It was no big deal for him to create the plan and it was included in the overall cost we agreed upon.

If you have the resources (money)then us8ng an architect to get the plans created is probably worth it.  Unless you have some seriously demanding requirements, I’d think most builders will be able to handle what you want.  

Davaoeno

I designed the floor layout for several houses then had someone do the plans and submit them. Once I had an OFW on vacation do plans for me. But- the plans you submit must be signed by an architect or engineer with a licence. I think the last architect charged me 8K just to sign the plans we drew.

RogerDat

Many City Building Engineering offices have architects who will d it for you.

GI Roll form steel is available here. It can be welded, and is what I usedIMG_0508.JPG.3727cbfec12f61d8f80bc0c1870ea25b.JPG for 2 structures.