Sign in to follow this  
rizla

Losing most text after deleting one character

rizla

Yet again, after writing about twenty-thirty words, I went back to correct a typo prior to submitting the post, only to have the entire paragraph deleted instead of the one incorrect letter.

This has happened many times, since the last two site upgrades, is this a browser problem (Chrome) or a site problem?

• Like 1

Woolf
Just now, rizla said:

Yet again, after writing about twenty-thirty words, I went back to correct a typo prior to submitting the post, only to have the entire paragraph deleted instead of the one incorrect letter.

This has happened many times, since the last two site upgrades, is this a browser problem (Chrome) or a site problem?

I do not have that problem

I use chrome also

• Thanks 1

rizla
2 minutes ago, Woolf said:

I do not have that problem

I use chrome also

I do not have this problem on any other forum either, so find it annoying. Maybe I should install tapatalk on my Mac?

shadow
3 minutes ago, rizla said:

I have been experiencing a similar problem. However, I found that the text is still there, it is just hidden from me. By clicking outside the text box, I can see it, but when I click inside the text box again to start typing again, it disappears again.

If I go ahead and make the post, all appears as normal.

Also on Chrome, and as you say, also after the last upgrades. 

rizla
Just now, shadow said:

I have been experiencing a similar problem. However, I found that the text is still there, it is just hidden from me. By clicking outside the text box, I can see it, but when I click inside the text box again to start typing again, it disappears again.

If I go ahead and make the post, all appears as normal.

Also on Chrome, and as you say, also after the last upgrades. 

Interesting, not noticed that, I did try preview, but that just showed the one remaining word. maybe I will try selecting all and change the text colour, that may bring it all back, thanks.

shadow
9 minutes ago, rizla said:

Interesting, not noticed that, I did try preview, but that just showed the one remaining word. maybe I will try selecting all and change the text colour, that may bring it all back, thanks.

Another issue I'm having is sometimes posts do not appear, and/or are much to dark too read. By holding down the mouse button as if I want to copy, it all highlights and is then easy to read.

Edited by shadow

oztony
1 hour ago, shadow said:

Another issue I'm having is sometimes posts do not appear, and/or are much to dark too read. By holding down the mouse button as if I want to copy, it all highlights and is then easy to read.

Larry I believe that is all relative to the skin / theme each person is using for the forum ....dark theme...white text ......light theme black text etc etc and if you use an opposing theme to the other poster the software does not do an auto correct , so in effect your text is the same color as the theme you are using ....so white text on light color theme or black text on dark theme , that is why when you highlight as in a copy mode it is visible as a blue color...

• Like 2

shadow
8 minutes ago, oztony said:

Larry I believe that is all relative to the skin / theme each person is using for the forum ....dark theme...white text ......light theme black text etc etc and if you use an opposing theme to the other poster the software does not do an auto correct , so in effect your text is the same color as the theme you are using ....so white text on light color theme or black text on dark theme , that is why when you highlight as in a copy mode it is visible as a blue color...

Yes, that makes sense. Nothing to do with the other issue though.

oztony
8 minutes ago, shadow said:

Nothing to do with the other issue though.

Would you then accept that half the issues raised here have been resolved ............:biggrin_01:

oztony
2 hours ago, rizla said:

I have an intermittent anomaly ..that sometimes while typing the post just publishes itself , without even hitting the submit reply tab , I have suspicions that it is somehow a keyboard related issue , the disappearing text thing has also happened to me but not for quite some time now. I use chrome.

Is your text box tools formatted like mine .....

textbox.JPG

shadow
33 minutes ago, oztony said:

I have an intermittent anomaly ..that sometimes while typing the post just publishes itself , without even hitting the submit reply tab , I have suspicions that it is somehow a keyboard related issue , the disappearing text thing has also happened to me but not for quite some time now. I use chrome.

Is your text box tools formatted like mine .....

textbox.JPG

Mine is

rizla

Mine isn't, the first part is different, yours shows the word "source"

5ae53a5f80d28_ScreenShot2018-04-29at11_18_58.thumb.png.38f0fadd2a67639fe76180eefb00be48.png

Edited by rizla

oztony

I ask because some people had some issues awhile back and they had a differently displayed text box ...I think Skymans was different ..when I use my iPad it is different to the PC...

rfm010

I had the disappearing text issue yesterday and today.  I find that by by putting the cursor within the remaining text and then hitting the space bar the missing text returns.

• Like 2

Salty Dog
1 hour ago, rizla said:

Mine isn't, the first part is different, yours shows the word "source"

5ae53a5f80d28_ScreenShot2018-04-29at11_18_58.thumb.png.38f0fadd2a67639fe76180eefb00be48.png

Staff have some additional items such as Source. Both Shadow and oztony are staff.

I use the IPS Default Scheme and have no problems..

• Thanks 1