Sign in to follow this  
kaloy

CBD oil?

kaloy

I use CBD oil for joint pain and it really does work.  My question is,  can i bring it to the philippines on my next trip without any problems?

oztony

Well I had to google it  ...CBD oil is made from hemp seeds , I would strenuously advise against even contemplating it ... My opinion you would be better off finding an alternative to alleviate your joint pain .....hell you could tell them at immigration that the CBD hemp oil was for your "joints" ......try the local Omega cream ...made in Cebu , a local cure all ....I use it quite often.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

shadow
24 minutes ago, kaloy said:

I use CBD oil for joint pain and it really does work.  My question is,  can i bring it to the philippines on my next trip without any problems?

Cannabis has been illegal in the Philippines since 1972 by virtue of Republic Act No. 6425, or the Dangerous Drugs Act of 1972.[5] RA6425 classified marijuana as a prohibited drug, and detailed out punishments for the importation, sale, manufacture, cultivation, possession, and use of the drug, as well as possession of any drug-related paraphernalia. RA6425 also created the Dangerous Drugs Board, giving it jurisdiction over drug-related cases. In 2002, the Comphrehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 was signed, repealing RA6425.[1] RA9165 also enabled the creation of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency, which handles the implementation and enforcement of policies and strategies made by the Dangerous Drugs Board.

Under the current law, the importation, sale, maintenance of a den, dive or resort, manufacture, use, and cultivation of marijuana and marijuana-related products shall be met with life imprisonment and a fine.[1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_the_Philippines

Other than that, no problems at all, unless you run out, of course.

• Like 3

oztony
7 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

I'd say that CBD oil from hemp isn't a drug so it wouldn't be illegal, and if it's unlabelled nobody would know what it is anyway

I suppose ....as long as the sniffer dog had the same opinion ...shoot it smells like pot though..

kaloy

Thanks to all who replied.  I guess I wont take a chance.

• Like 1

oztony
1 minute ago, kaloy said:

Thanks to all who replied.  I guess I wont take a chance.

Just not worth it .....to suggest or think otherwise would be reckless to say the least ,

I am sure you will find a replacement cream or liniment when you are there ...

• Like 2

A_Simple_Man
11 minutes ago, oztony said:

as long as the sniffer dog had the same opinion ...shoot it smells like pot though..

"My friend" used to ship his (when he was young and dumb) in a thermos filled with finely ground coffee beans which seemed to overpower the smell :fighting0029:

rizla
16 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

"My friend" used to ship his (when he was young and dumb) in a thermos filled with finely ground coffee beans which seemed to overpower the smell :fighting0029:

Really? On a public website that may be read by anyone? :pacifier:

Davaoeno
4 minutes ago, rizla said:

Really? On a public website that may be read by anyone? :pacifier:

" used to " in English usually refers to past tense .   

rizla
Just now, Davaoeno said:

" used to " in English usually refers to past tense .   

There is a time limit on importing illegal drugs, news to me but please you carry on thinking that post is fine, whatever!

A_Simple_Man
30 minutes ago, rizla said:

Really? On a public website that may be read by anyone?

Give it a rest.  Google "shipping marijuana in coffee grounds"

and get About 728,000 results and yes they can be read by anyone.

Its about as "public knowledge" as it gets.  This is not condoning it.  This is just reminiscing about "a friend" many years ago.  Now if you were a cop many years ago I can see why you get upset about it.  If so, sorry you didn't catch "my friend" but the past is the past and its legal in Canada where he lives now anyway.

shadow
4 hours ago, RangerUp said:

I'd say that CBD oil from hemp isn't a drug so it wouldn't be illegal, and if it's unlabelled nobody would know what it is anyway.

But I'm not with the PH customs dept, Law enforcement division, and they are the only ones who can give you an answer.

Exactly which part of "and marijuana related products" is too difficult for you to comprehend?

• Thanks 1

colemanlee
54 minutes ago, shadow said:

Exactly which part of "and marijuana related products" is too difficult for you to comprehend?

Guess we are gonna be reading about some more Foreigners 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RR3

Local Omega is good and legal and available at any sari2 

shadow
5 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

Exactly where does the actual law say "marijuana related"? 

I'd love to read that for a laugh, clothing is "marijuana related"., and "marijuana" is actually slang! lol

Ahhh, now I get it. You  are incapable of reading an entire two paragraph article. Please allow me to post just the last paragraph from the Wiki article I posted earlier. 

Under the current law, the importation, sale, maintenance of a den, dive or resort, manufacture, use, and cultivation of marijuana and marijuana-related products shall be met with life imprisonment and a fine.[

Then I realize this article from the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) will also be incomprehensible to you, it being an entire 9 paragraphs in length;1

The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) joins the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Department of Health (DOH) in prohibiting the purchase and use of hempseed oil products or their varieties and derivatives from cannabis or marijuana.

This is contained in the joint PDEA/DOH-FDA advisory signed by PDEA Director General Undersecretary Arturo G. Cacdac, Jr., and DOH Secretary and FDA Acting Director General Janette P. Loreto-Garin who was represented by Undersecretary Kenneth Hartigan-Go. The ceremonial signing was held on September 8, 2015 at the PDEA Activity Area, PDEA National Headquarters in Quezon City.

The advisory orders all manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, importers, dealers and retailers of the consumer products to:

1. Declare the sources of hempseed oil products, or their varieties and derivatives in their labels or in writing to FDA or PDEA for verification and investigation;
  2. Stop the importation, sale, trading, administration, dispensation, delivery, distribution, and transportation of hempseed oil or its varieties and derivatives from cannabis or marijuana; and
  3. Surrender immediately the hempseed oil products or their varieties and derivatives from cannabis or marijuana to the nearest FDA or PDEA Offices without prejudice to the filing of any administrative criminal sanctions under RA 9165 and RA 7394.

Hemp seed oil is obtained by pressing hemp seeds. Unrefined hemp oil is dark to clear light green in color, with a nutty flavor, while the refined hempseed oil is clear and colorless, with little flavor and lacks natural vitamins and antioxidants. The oil is manufactured from varieties of Cannabis Sativa that do not contain significant amounts of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol), or cannabinoids, the psychoactive element present in the cannabis plant.

Marijuana and Hemp are different varieties of the same species of plant, Cannabis Sativa. They are scientifically different and cultivated in different ways.

Hempseed oil has been found to have some limited use in industrial and commercial production such as textiles, foods, papers, body care products, personal hygiene products/cosmetics, detergents, plastics and building materials.

“PDEA and the FDA jointly advise the public that at present, hempseed oil containing products are strictly prohibited in our country. Although the benefits of hemp outweigh the risks, it is not yet legal or authorized by FDA to distribute or offered for sale in the market,” Cacdac said.

Cacdac added that all local authorities are also enjoined to monitor and report the proliferation of hempseed oil products or their varieties and derivatives from cannabis or marijuana to the nearest FDA or PDEA Offices thru website @ www.pdea.gov.phwith telephone nos. (02) 927-9702/ (02) 928-0090 and/or email report @fda.gov.ph. 

http://pdea.gov.ph/10-news/92-pdea-doh-fda-issue-advisory-against-the-use-of-hempseed-oil-and-their-derivatives-from-marijuana

But, hopefully, it may remove any doubt from someone capable of reading and comprehending it.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2