Sign in to follow this  
Dafey

Moussaka Family Resort, Matlang, Leyte

Dafey

If you ever have the need to stay in Matlang a newish Hotel has opened and has many conveniences that would accommodate westerners. Moussaka hotel has hot water, AC and cable. WiFi is only good in public areas. All rooms come with a descent breakfast, (though Filipino sized), and access to the swimming area. If you are a hotel Guest you get a discount on tables and huts while swimming. There are also several grills and charcoal for sale if you want to cook out at the pool. There is a canteen that offers snack food tubig and refreshmants at the pool also.

I spoke with the owner the other day and the swimming area is a work in progress but he is dedicated to making a nice area for the families to relax. KTV rooms coming soon along with function areas/rooms.

We stayed at the hotel about a year ago while it was still under construction and found it comfortable and clean.

IMG_6527.thumb.JPG.8dcc772293b3760cb8b1b5ab8e8ccbe8.JPGIMG_6526.JPG.83d63103081bb38d1adbac8b8129bf56.JPGIMG_6528.JPG.787ee9f609669c1c88d9f0e72a496e8c.JPGIMG_6529.JPG.293ca2f3064f9f6d07dcc0f827a3653a.JPGIMG_6531.JPG.ca8798b3da6d8dbdf9b734e47743f5e5.JPGIMG_6533.JPG.bcb7e63761a18c2ab0e1bbf3a72f03df.JPGIMG_6546.JPG.907784cfe9e5c13e46bb428a4d331efe.JPG

The best thing about the Moussaka hotel is...it's just down the road from me on National Highway!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Jim Sibbick

The room prices are expensive for the location but it is a fair price for entrance to go swimming

• Like 1

Dafey

Yes, the rooms are expensive but if you want those conveniences within a 30 minute drive to this area this is the only game in town that I know of.

• Like 2

Kabisay-an gid
20 hours ago, Dafey said:

Yes, the rooms are expensive but if you want those conveniences within a 30 minute drive to this area this is the only game in town that I know of.

Thanks for the heads up on the resort.

The suites appear to be somewhat overpriced, but the Deluxe Room for P1500 is reasonable for a hotel that new/nice, especially considering Isabel is a 1st income class municipality. 

I've seen older and not as nice resort hotel rooms for P1500 in 4th and 5th income class municipalities in Leyte, which also didn't have anywhere near as nice of a pool area.

Dafey
21 minutes ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

I've seen older and not as nice resort hotel rooms for P1500 in 4th and 5th income class municipalities in Leyte, which also didn't have anywhere near as nice of a pool area.

Yes, in the province you sometimes pay through the nose for a dump as there is just not an abundance to choose from. Before we moved here we stayed at several...never the same one twice as all were sub-standard for what they were charging.

However, Moussaka may make a go of it as the do tend to keep their eye on customer service. The owner has a construction business and seems to do quality work. Hopefully he'll make sure they do the maintenance to keep the hotel looking new.