Your Ugly Dinner

BossHog

Wife always asking me what I want to eat. I'm like "hot dogs? Hamburgers? Chicken pot pie?"

So she youtubed some video recipes for chicken pie and this was the result. Pretty damn tasty but larger than expected. Pineapple and box of stogies for scale.

pie.thumb.JPG.cfb2b5d3fa31e5300ca628bd7c25c663.JPG

• Like 6
  • Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Salty Dog

• lamoe

• BossHog

• mikewright

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Food pics are lame. I'm lame for posting my dinner from last night. Couple of crabs, some blanched octopus with chilies or some shit, and a blue marlin steak cooked into a hockey puck. Feel

If you like the bold flavors...   The barako beans from Batangas make for the best Philippine coffee in my opinion. Thank goodness it hasn't been 'discovered' by the fancy roasters in

Ha... top this!! The ugliest sweet mystery-meat dinner around...

Posted Images

cvgtpc1
56 minutes ago, BossHog said:

Wife always asking me what I want to eat. I'm like "hot dogs? Hamburgers? Chicken pot pie?"

So she youtubed some video recipes for chicken pie and this was the result. Pretty damn tasty but larger than expected. Pineapple and box of stogies for scale.

pie.thumb.JPG.cfb2b5d3fa31e5300ca628bd7c25c663.JPG

Looks like adobo chicken potpie?  😋

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Soupeod

Tonight, Chicken breasts with Italian seasoning cooked in olive oil and home made potato salad 🥗 yummm 😋 

7EF3BF37-C577-4896-890D-0F52B6A9417B.png

Edited by Soupeod
BossHog

Very simple lunch today. Potato salad, a couple of coldies, and some jumbo shrimp we bought at the river dock behind our house this morning.

Hard to get up a big appetite when it's been so persistently hot lately.

shrimp.thumb.JPG.fcbf48232e4319178758978a736c163b.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
lamoe

I made dinner last night - fresh deli brats boiled in water / butter /  onions then pan fired in oil - kid dosen't have a deep fryer for Maxwell Street style

Corn is not in season so small, not as sweet or firm

20210727_192010[1].jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

q3us3hkrrt971.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...
lamoe

One of the good things about Rockford - meat / cheese ends ($2 lb)  and Minhas brewery - Boxer Beer 10 proof - 24oz can / 12 pack $5.00

Prosciutto , Salami, ham, etc. different chesses

20210828_190515[1].jpg

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...
Chris24

Last week I pulled the trigger on something that has been on my bucket list for quite a while, and that is to purchase a good-quality pellet smoker.  I've used it every day so far, and over the weekend tried smoking some wild-caught sockeye salmon.  I cured the fillets overnight before smoking, and then used a maple syrup rub midway through the smoking.  They turned out quite well, a bit salty (the fillets were a bit on the thin side), but they were excellent on crackers with cream cheese and a touch of lemon juice, or flaked and mixed in with rice.  The next day, the chilled salmon was great just on its own on crackers. 

I smoked three of them at approx. 1 lb. each.  We ate one of them and the other two are in the freezer. This one will be a repeat but with the next batch I'll either reduce the curing time or get thicker fillets.    My wife's mother in particular really liked the skin.

Based on the promising results with the salmon, I'd like to try making my own bacon, will have to research that.

Salmon.jpg

• Like 7
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

My wifes version of a breakfast skillet...

Potatoes, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, hot smoked sausage, onions, garlic and of course eggs.

2021-09-18 08.04.46.jpg

• Like 3