Jump to content

Moderating


oztony

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Enuff said:

I'm available for meet ups and fisticuffs if desired.

My only rule is we drink 1st then fight, loser pays the check.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
 

Sounds reasonable Clint?.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • oztony

    9

  • Flakes

    6

  • lamoe

    5

  • Davaoeno

    5

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am not a fan of over moderating , it dampens things a bit if someone is just strolling around looking for stuff to pick at , I would say right now is the smoothest and least moderating used since I

The forum rules were written with the idea in mind we are mature adults here. Obviously, that is not completely true across the board.

i just read this thread and let me be the first to step up and say that tony is awesome.  however those that haven't met him don't need to take my word for it...just ask him and he'll tell ya  

SkyMan
On 4/21/2018 at 3:54 PM, HTM said:

I also need to remind all that her in the Philippine we use the metric system.

Its actually a strict law, and hard penelty for not using the metric system her! ( so that needs moderating hehe)

This post is as far from reality as it is from the topic

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Dafey
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

This post is as far from reality as it is from the topic

I gave up early on this one...Tony's Circus

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
25 minutes ago, Dafey said:

I gave up early on this one...Tony's Circus

I said post not thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Dafey

Yes...and it’s not the first


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
14 hours ago, Dafey said:

Yes...and it’s not the first

Some people just like to pat themselves on the back to try to make themselves feel superior to those who came before. It boggles the imagination. As if the moderators who worked under Paul could have done any differently than they did.

Truthfully, though, I would certainly like to see somebody on staff take over the role of correcting god-awful spelling and grammar mistakes in topic titles. Also, it seems to me there is just as much moderation now as before. It is just left until problems get to crisis mode before anything is done. Then, topics get closed instead of just a few posts being hidden. I'm not sure that is the best way. Once a topic is locked, it is dead.

It also is worrisome that Tony says he has the power to ban members. Taking that power away from Mods was one of Member#1's first moves when he bought the website. Do all mods have that power again, or is Tony special?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Edwin
3 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Some people just like to pat themselves on the back to try to make themselves feel superior to those who came before. It boggles the imagination. As if the moderators who worked under Paul could have done any differently than they did.

Truthfully, though, I would certainly like to see somebody on staff take over the role of correcting god-awful spelling and grammar mistakes in topic titles. Also, it seems to me there is just as much moderation now as before. It is just left until problems get to crisis mode before anything is done. Then, topics get closed instead of just a few posts being hidden. I'm not sure that is the best way. Once a topic is locked, it is dead.

It also is worrisome that Tony says he has the power to ban members. Taking that power away from Mods was one of Member#1's first moves when he bought the website. Do all mods have that power again, or is Tony special?

Waaaaaaaaa.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
A_Simple_Man
4 minutes ago, Headshot said:

is Tony special?

I think so.

As to the mods under Paul doing things different, one can only do what the site owner instructs.  If the site owner wants to be hands on then you follow what he says.  If the new site owner wants to hand things over to a forum manager then Tony may be that man.  Certainly looks that way to me.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Oz Jon
On 4/21/2018 at 9:02 AM, oztony said:

......... no one in particular is being singled out here but we can sort of look at it as a notification of where the speed camera is going to be set up ...and hopefully avoid being pinged as we go through it.............

Elegant, subtle and diplomatic!

And handsome too? ... This man has everything!

Lol!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
1 minute ago, Oz Jon said:

Elegant, subtle and diplomatic!

And handsome too? ... This man has everything!

Lol!

It is always nice to know that people are thinking of me ! And I do very much appreciate the compliment !! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

It is always nice to know that people are thinking of me ! And I do very much appreciate the compliment !! 

Yes i was also thinking of u but if i write it down then Tony is probably going to ban me..

Edited by Flakes
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Oz Jon
21 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

It is always nice to know that people are thinking of me ! And I do very much appreciate the compliment !! 

You've got a bl**dy cheek!,

but OK, you too! .... :D

[Hey, I've just discovered this emoticon thingy .... no more Lols! ]

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
oztony
4 minutes ago, Headshot said:

 . As if the moderators who worked under Paul could have done any differently than they did.

No ...you actually took it further ... attempting to absolutely control the posts of others...

4 minutes ago, Headshot said:

It also is worrisome that Tony says he has the power to ban members. Taking that power away from Mods was one of Member#1's first moves when he bought the website. Do all mods have that power again, or is Tony special?

Yes Bill I am special , send a PM to #1 and ask him if you like.... you really are like a child that has had his lollipop ripped from his grasp since you were cut loose from the moderating staff on this site , which coincidentally was for good reason ....but just keep going with all your criticisms of the staff , I myself believe that they are doing a reasonable job particularly since there only about 4 of us on deck at the present with being active on the forum.

I am not surprised by your comments in the least , your resentment of the current operations here is duly noted.   

31 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Some people just like to pat themselves on the back to try to make themselves feel superior to those who came before. It boggles the imagination

Your complete and utter disdain for myself has caused you to be blinded for the purpose that this thread was started , and that was to try and keep a bit of harmony without over moderation....

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
oztony
31 minutes ago, Flakes said:

Yes i was also thinking of u but if i write it down then Tony is probably going to ban me..

The 2 people that were banned were career trolls that wanted to bring this forum down from within , like a cancer , they were not big or good contributors but had an agenda that was in place well before the forum changed ownership. 

Actually there have been 3 banned ...the 3rd went into collusion with the main perpetrator late in the play and this was backed up with irrefutable evidence ......

Edited by oztony
Link to post
Share on other sites
BossHog
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

 moderators 

 

You were a moderator right? And you failed in an epic manner and consquently got canned. Especially with all that plagiarized pseudo-knowledge.

Do you still have a stack of business cards to hand out. 

Feck me, get a life you twat.

Edited by BossHog
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..