Jump to content

Moderating


oztony

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • oztony

    9

  • Flakes

    6

  • Davaoeno

    5

  • lamoe

    5

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am not a fan of over moderating , it dampens things a bit if someone is just strolling around looking for stuff to pick at , I would say right now is the smoothest and least moderating used since I

The forum rules were written with the idea in mind we are mature adults here. Obviously, that is not completely true across the board.

i just read this thread and let me be the first to step up and say that tony is awesome.  however those that haven't met him don't need to take my word for it...just ask him and he'll tell ya  

Yeah no over moderating.

on other forums u can simply challenge other posters to meet up for fist fights in case of a verbal dispute but here thats still not allowed.?

Link to post
Share on other sites
oztony
2 minutes ago, Flakes said:

on other forums u can simply challenge other posters to meet up for fist fights in case of a verbal dispute but here thats still not allowed.?

I would hope to think that meeting up for a fist fight would be the last thing on peoples minds here ...it is not the sort of attitude that the membership here wants to be involved with , when you want to get something out of your system the idea is to do it as politely as you can manage ...then move on ...

One member here , now banned , did ask me for a meetup in Cebu a few years back which I declined ...anything of that nature is a bannable offence , even if it is done via a PM and then reported to staff , we just don't want or need people that feel the need to resort to that level as participants here...but I suppose as rare as it is ...it does happen ...and then they are gone................. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, oztony said:

I would hope to think that meeting up for a fist fight would be the last thing on peoples minds here ...it is not the sort of attitude that the membership here wants to be involved with , when you want to get something out of your system the idea is to do it as politely as you can manage ...then move on ...

One member here , now banned , did ask me for a meetup in Cebu a few years back which I declined ...anything of that nature is a bannable offence , even if it is done via a PM and then reported to staff , we just don't want or need people that feel the need to resort to that level as participants here...but I suppose as rare as it is ...it does happen ...and then they are gone................. 

Yes instead we need more sense of humor i agree?..

Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
54 minutes ago, Flakes said:

Yeah no over moderating.

on other forums u can simply challenge other posters to meet up for fist fights in case of a verbal dispute but here thats still not allowed.?

 

42 minutes ago, oztony said:

I would hope to think that meeting up for a fist fight would be the last thing on peoples minds here ...it is not the sort of attitude that the membership here wants to be involved with , when you want to get something out of your system the idea is to do it as politely as you can manage ...then move on ...

One member here , now banned , did ask me for a meetup in Cebu a few years back which I declined ...anything of that nature is a bannable offence , even if it is done via a PM and then reported to staff , we just don't want or need people that feel the need to resort to that level as participants here...but I suppose as rare as it is ...it does happen ...and then they are gone................. 

It's a very good rule.

Never know if the other person adheres to the edicts of the Marquess of Queensberry

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot

Yeah, never bring your fists to a gun fight.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
oztony
8 minutes ago, lamoe said:

 

It's a very good rule.

Never know if the other person adheres to the edicts of the Marquess of Queensberry

Well the particular fella that wanted to meet me in Cebu had stated he was 6'5" ...so Queensbury rules would have to have been ruled out ...I think Bill was more onto it in his post.....:baseballbat:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kabisay-an gid

If some 6'5" fecker tries to jump on me, I'll be adhering to the John Moses Browning Rules to deal with him. :thumbsup:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
oztony
3 minutes ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

If some 6'5" fecker tries to jump on me, I'll be adhering to the John Moses Browning Rules to deal with him. :thumbsup:

This guy was a member for quite awhile , no dummy by any stretch ...just aggressively argumentative to the full ...you sorta envisage things being the same in the household as well ...he disliked the locals with a passion ...and appeared to dislike most expats as well.................must've dragged himself through every day in a grumpy state..........

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
59 minutes ago, Flakes said:

Yes instead we need more sense of humor i agree?..

Is that a joke ??

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Dafey
1 hour ago, Flakes said:

Yes instead we need more sense of humor i agree?..

you mean A sense of humor

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
7 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Yeah, never bring your fists to a gun fight.

 

1 minute ago, oztony said:

Well the particular fella that wanted to meet me in Cebu had stated he was 6'5" ...so Queensbury rules would have to have been ruled out ...I think Bill was more onto it in his post.....:baseballbat:

At 5'6" x 75 Kg wanna guess my beliefs?

To paraphrase Donkey "I've got a baton plus pepper spray and not afraid to use either"

Unless he did bring a gun.:shocked:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
4 minutes ago, lamoe said:

At 5'6" x 75 Kg wanna guess my beliefs?

I'm surprised ! I thought you were much shorter than that ! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
6 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

I'm surprised ! I thought you were much shorter than that ! 

You been peeking in the window again when I'm in bed?:evan:

Seriously - at one time closer to  5' 8"

Only  thing is appendages and other stuff looks bigger when you shrink - ears, nose, etc.

 

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..