Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Mike

Former LinC member Art Bell dead at 72

samatm

• Thanks 1

oztony

RIP Art , one of our members here knew Art personally, I believe they were neighbors in Manila and also in the States.

• Like 2

Monsoon
5 hours ago, JamesMusslewhite said:

If I remember correctly some of the past LinC baboons decided to avariciously troll Art whenever he posted. Art simply chose to leave the stench and dust behind him, and LinC lost a respected member and probably many an interesting thread due to a few petty low-lifers with senseless chips on their shoulders.

It is not often i disagree with you James, but in this case I will. 

I distinctly remember when Art made an appearance on this forum. I was also a member of staff then. I also happen to have had the distinct pleasure of knowing Art personally.

There's not a chance in hell that he was ever "trolled' or disrespected here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Monsoon
3 hours ago, colemanlee said:

Art Bell was a great radio personality, when I had to work nights I loved to listen to his show...he will be missed..rip

To know Art Bell is definitely to know the "night shift". 

A great show and a great man. 

Coincidentally with ties to the Philippines, like us. 

RIP Art. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oztony

A couple of unnecessary posts have been hidden , you would be pretty hard pressed to find anyone to say anything untoward about Art on this planet so let's keep it positive...please...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Monsoon

Some of Art's later stuff...

Funny fact, Art is probably the only guy who was given his own Sirius/XM Radio channel who later basically said "feck off"... (unlike Howard Stern). 

Edited by Monsoon

JamesMusslewhite
30 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

It is not often i disagree with you James, but in this case I will. 

I distinctly remember when Art made an appearance on this forum. I was also a member of staff then. I also happen to have had the distinct pleasure of knowing Art personally.

There's not a chance in hell that he was ever "trolled' or disrespected here. 

That is what I read posted on another thread a couple of years back. If that was misinformation someone posted than I apologize for giving it credence.   

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 2

Monsoon
9 minutes ago, JamesMusslewhite said:

That is what I read posted on another thread a couple of years back. If that was misinformation someone posted than I apologize for giving it credence.   

Au contraire. 

If anything it was probably Linc's first genuinely pleasant thread. 

(Someone has already posted a link to it for your convenience.) 

Edited by Monsoon
  • Like 1

Monsoon
8 hours ago, Mr. Mike said:

Art's favorite bumper song

• Thanks 1

JamesMusslewhite
11 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Au contraire. 

If anything it was probably Linc's first genuinely pleasant thread. 

(Someone has already posted a link to it for your convenience.) 

Well that I am glad to hear. I have listened to him religiously when I was near a broadcasting station as I have always been a bit of a night-owl. Contemplating through dozens of 'end of the world' prediction, numerous major catastrophes, time-travelers dire warnings and hundreds of physic's predictions. I have listened to witches, warlocks, demonologist, exorcists, remote views, archeologist and I still am here to post this posting. It was an odd entering journey that only Art could provide. And now he is finally discovering those truths he so wanted answered. He will always be the midnight Elvis of the oddity which peers from beyond the shadowy plane of known realities beckoning for us all to feel deeper and look harder at that which is just beyond our comprehension. There will be those that copy, but none will ever surpass.

• Like 1