Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Mike

Art Bell dead at 72

Mr. Mike

Art was a member here a few years ago, but did not post often. He is recognized as being one of the most successful radio broadcasters in the US. It was late night radio and loved by millions of listeners worldwide. He loved radio since he was a child...a HAM operator...and virtually no one could match his knowledge of all things "radio" . He founded Coast to Coast AM radio, and it lives on to this day. and can be heard every night. .............A side note....his late wife Ramona , a Filipina , died several years ago. Not long after that he returned to Manila, and broadcasted his show from there for about two years. As might be expected, he met his current wife there and they both to returned to the US and continued his radio career back home. He had great taste in woman!

https://www.inquisitr.com/4866854/art-bell-popular-coast-to-coast-am-radio-host-dies-at-72/

Edited by Mr. Mike
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Alfred E. Neuman

My sincere condolences to his friends and family

• Like 1

HeyMike

I used to love his show. RIP Art Bell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Mandingo

Art is on the big space ship upstairs now traveling to his next stop. God bless and Godspeed Mr. Bell...........may you RIP amigo.

I spent many a night listening to his show when I drove truck years ago, he made me look forward to driving the night route and I thank him for that. He was always entertaining and by all accounts seamed like a genuinely good guy. My condolences to his family and friends. 

Related image

• Like 5

Soupeod

RIP

• Like 1

Chris24

Sad news, go in peace brother.   I spent many hours listening to him while driving at night in the 80s.  He sounded like a genuine soul, and I had hoped to meet him sometime. 

• Like 1

samatm

Yep... he kept me on the road many a night as well.    Interesting that he was a linc Member.   What was his nic name... any interesting posts.    And how would you know he was on linc ?   just curious. 

• Like 1

Mr. Mike

He was on LinC for just a short period of time.I He was a big lover of the RP. I think he was just too busy to continue posting.

He might still be listed as a member, I think he used his own name.

Headshot

Definitely RIP. I used to listen to him.

• Like 1

Mr. Mike

Oddly enough, I first heard of Art's passing while listening to AM Coast to Coast last night. It was a normal fun radio show...then the guest host broke the news of his passing very pensively, He refused to believe it...yet he said scraps of information were appearing on the internet. The entire radio show broke lose and AM CtoC was flooded with concerns and questions. Thousands of emails as well.

As the show went on, it became obvious that Art had in fact passed away, and the rest of the night was a little bit sad, yet very respectful.

I think Art would  have wanted the news of his death to be first disclosed on the radio station he founded....and it was.

Tonight, as usual I will be listening to AM CtoC which always features five hours ( Saturday nights only) of "Art Bell, somewhere in time". These are Art's broadcasts from many years ago.....and they are still popular to this day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Mr. Mike

Art's favorite bumper song...a haunting song that IS Art Bell's legacy.

Edited by Mr. Mike
  • Like 1

Mr. Mike

BTW...for those of you who have a good AM radio, AM CtoC can be picked up on several AM radio stations across the entire band every night....usually after 10:00pm when other 50,000 watt stations power down.

C. Crane radios are the best for super AM band reception. Goggle will get you there. Their AM band circuitry is designed to do precisely that.

colemanlee

Art Bell was a great radio personality, when I had to work nights I loved to listen to his show...he will be missed..rip

• Like 3

samatm

I don't know if Art Bell smoked a lot and drank a lot of thick coffee...but his husky voice sure sounded like he did ...and that was comforting.      I don't know if Art Bell  ever did a show with larry king .. but that would have been good.   OHHHH google is great!      Here is a link.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2