Sign in to follow this  
hoz

Looking for highest ATM withdrawals

HTM

For me its max 195k  in HSBC.

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man
3 hours ago, Jim Sibbick said:

you can just keep withdrawing until you have reached the daily withdrawal limit set by your bank

Yes.  Agreed.  But on 4 occasions I had my card shut down by my bank until I contacted them, simply because I kept withdrawing until I reached my daily withdrawal limit.  2 different foreign cards did this and 1 Philippine bank card did it to me twice.  It is just a fraud prevention measure and it does not happen every time but for me, about 1 time in 3 OR if I do the daily withdrawal limit 2 days in a row.

So to sum it up, it ain't the ATM that is at fault (most of the time), it is the bank where the card is issued who set the limit and decide when to invalidate your card.

Edited by A_Simple_Man
  • Like 3

Woolf
1 hour ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Perhaps because each insertion of a foreign bank card incurs a 200 peso fee from the Philippine bank

It is 250 PHP now, at least at a BPI ATM

• Thanks 1

tonny

Listen use HSBC IT is 40K one draw no charge,(so no200p) only  the foreign exchange fee about 7$  per 40K withdraw ok(currency) fee no ATM fee at all  most other bank charge a ATM fee . Now you can draw out what ever you bank limit  is i guess mine is a 1,000 a day ,but to get  around that, is go back to the machine after 12,15  PH time it a new day in The USA can get another 40k. Good luck PS from that bank card again so your over the 1,000 $ limit per a full day here. Are you can take the 40k out and take a few more hundred out and you have your 1,000 for the day as there is no ATM fee and the few hundred cost only the currency exchange fee so it not cost more.

No ATM FEE AT HSBC

Edited by tonny

tonny

Just so you also know if you have BDO peso Acct or Metro bank ATM acct you can go in and ask the manager to call the headquarters office and up your daily withdraw OK mine is now 50 K at both banks but still 10,000 each time you insert the card no ATM fee as it my bank ok

Edited by tonny
better information
  • Like 1

T.S.

You probably won't find one here that can dispense over 40 bills/P40k, that is a common limit for many models of ATM's.

Some of the newest Diebold models can dispense 60 bills, but I haven't seen one in the Philippines yet.

• Like 1

Dafey

Charles Schwab upped my limit when we needed a down payment for our house so we were allowed $2000 US per day. I usually would use a BPI ATM in Guadalupe and never had a problem. Exchange was less than 50 then so I would pull 90K PHP per day at their ATMs until we had what we needed.

harvestchart

You can take out 20k per transaction at BPI ATM's. It's not as high as HSBC, but BPI ATM's are everywhere. 

GBT62

Citibank is 30K for a single transaction  (daily limit is whatever you want to ask them for) - on the day when the machines are working :)  Yesterday wasn't one of those.

The ATM rattled for a like 90 seconds - no dough appeared. I called over the attendant while it was still clattering. 

He said - "deposit only" and ripped my card out. He could not understand I wanted to make sure the 30K I was waiting for that didn't arrive - wasn't debited from my account (which it was).

I suggested he put an "out of order" sign on that ATM or "deposit only" - and got a blank stare like I was reciting Klingon love poems....

• Like 2

Jim Sibbick
On 4/20/2018 at 2:51 PM, GBT62 said:

He said - "deposit only" and ripped my card out.

So are you saying that Citibank ATM machines no longer use a swipe machine? As in swipe your card and put it in your pocket or wallet before you start the transaction.

GBT62
On 4/21/2018 at 2:19 PM, Jim Sibbick said:

So are you saying that Citibank ATM machines no longer use a swipe machine? As in swipe your card and put it in your pocket or wallet before you start the transaction.

As far as I am aware all the ATMS (4 I think ?) at the sole Cebu branch near Ayala are "insert" models. I think I have used all 4 ... 

• Like 1