Tradewindze

Whats your favorite Beach Resort in the Philippines?

TequilaSunset

Going to be spending a couple nights at South Beach Hotel in Panglao in Dec, I will give a quick report on it. (Or chime in if you have been there)

• Like 1

TequilaSunset
On 10/17/2018 at 8:16 PM, TequilaSunset said:

Going to be spending a couple nights at South Beach Hotel in Panglao in Dec, I will give a quick report on it. (Or chime in if you have been there)

Forgot all about this follow up until my notification of a like by Tradewindze... great place IMO. Great sunsets from the rooftop bar and tiny resto. We had the room on the 2nd floor, (used in promotion photos) with a direct line of sight to the sea, and their tiny private little beach front.  Sitting on the balcony in the morning, drinking coffee, watching all the tourists wade across low tide to boats for the days events. The staff was friendly and CUTE! :D  I recommend

• Like 2

Dafey
26 minutes ago, TequilaSunset said:

Forgot all about this follow up until my notification of a like by Tradewindze... great place IMO. Great sunsets from the rooftop bar and tiny resto. We had the room on the 2nd floor, (used in promotion photos) with a direct line of sight to the sea, and their tiny private little beach front.  Sitting on the balcony in the morning, drinking coffee, watching all the tourists wade across low tide to boats for the days events. The staff was friendly and CUTE! :D  I recommend

I don't understand...I checked with the staff and they said you never left the room?

• Like 2

TequilaSunset
I don't understand...I checked with the staff and they said you never left the room?
A gentleman doesn't brag (much)
Maybe meet you in May, I'm coming back for more.... Opportunities?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tradewindze
On 10/16/2018 at 5:12 PM, Tradewindze said:

Pleasant Valley Resort, Baler

Mang Mulo's, Magalawa Island, Zamb.

Magic, Lambug Beach

Coco Grove, Siquijor

Coral Cay, Siquijor

Pearl Farm, Davao

Alona Vida Coco, Alona Beach

The Bellevue, Bohol

Hennan Resort, Bohol

Bohol Tropics, Taglibaran

Santiago Beach Resort, Camotes

Hennan Regency, Boracay

Annulling Beach Resort, Negros

Jamont Hotel, Sipalay, Negros

Kav"s Beach Resort, Zamboanquita

Marina Village Beach, Moalboal

Blue Orchid, Moalboal

Vidar Family Resort, Tuburan

Pundaquit, Zambales

Palmera Gardens Resort, Zambales

Rama Beach Resort, Zambales

Villa Teresita Resort, Talisay

Crimson Resort, Mactan Island

Eden Resort, Liloan, Santander 

A few more recommendations found on the site by members:

San Remigio Beach Club, Cebu North

Costabella Tropical Resort, Mactan

Eden Resort, Lilan, Santander

Legend Resort, Malapascua

Blue Orchid, Moaboal

Cabana Beach Resort, Moalboal

Dumaluan Beach Resort, Panglao Island

South Beach Hotel, Panglao

Isla Cabana Resort, Siragao 

Heres a follow up question for you guys who live here. How often do you travel around the Philippines, vs travel elsewhere in Asia?

And, same question for those who just visit regularly.

Happy Trails :paul: 

PeteHK

Stayed at Anda Cove Beach Retreat on Bohol a couple of weeks ago. Very nice small, 8 room, resort 2 hours drive from Tagbilaran. Well kept rooms, great food (including pizza from a wood-burning oven) and great staff. Nice, very clean pool as well as well as small beach. Very relaxing break. Not cheap but a good experience.

• Like 2

Headshot
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Tradewindze said:

San Remigio Beach Club, Cebu North

I was told the San Remigio Beach Club closed a couple of years ago. They never really got the business they needed to stay open. However, their website is still up, so maybe they came back (under new ownership maybe?).

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

to_dave007
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I was told the San Remigio Beach Club closed a couple of years ago. They never really got the business they needed to stay open. However, their website is still up, so maybe they came back (under new ownership maybe?).

They are still open..  Don't really like the place much myself.  Whole family MUCH prefers the Hagnaya Beach Resort further north in San Remegio.  Great pool for the kids.

For those that haven't been in the area much..  there is at least a dozen resorts open now between Tabuelan town and San Remegio.  One of them..  Cebu Paradise.. is nearing the end of a makeover that must be WELL north of 10 million peso and will open soon as Maayo Resort..  I think. 

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1

RedRanger

Just got back from Philippines, took a trek to Bohol/Pangloa which was pretty good.  The airport is brand new.

Stayed at a place called Bellevue on Pangloa, Rooms were large and very nice, paid about 9k per night, Very nice beach and infinity pool.

I would take a trike into a place called Alona Beach area/resort about 10 minutes away, each night and hang out there on the beach area, they have all kinds of places to eat and drink and is great place to hang out until around midnight.

Did the normal tours like chocolate mts, Says the little monkeys, Really enjoyed taking a dinner cruise on the Loboc river it was almost aqua blue and very scenic, went to the small zoo there and feed the two monkeys , visited a couple island by pump boat, all the activities on the beach are negotiable.

Overall it was pretty good

• Like 3