Tradewindze

Whats your favorite Beach Resort in the Philippines?

goggleye
On 4/10/2018 at 8:40 PM, sugbu777 said:

My favorite place has been Rama Beach resort north of there a bit, near Botolan, Zambales.  Price has gone up a bit in the last few years. not sure if it will meet a 2k limit or not anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

profits101

For a true resort experience, I would second the vote on Hennan, Bohol. Breakfast buffet is one of the best I have had, not sure that even Radisson Blu beats it out. Then there are 6-7 swimming pools along with the beach... great rooms.

For small quiet place with one of the most tranquil views I have enjoyed looking towards Siquihor is the Eden Resort, Liloan,, Santander. Good food, sliver of beach below, but fun kayaking, scuba dive shop, good swimming, decent wifi, and great sunsets...

5301-image.jpg

Bohol_Hennan_Resort_2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lamoe
1 hour ago, profits101 said:

For a true resort experience, I would second the vote on Hennan, Bohol. Breakfast buffet is one of the best I have had, not sure that even Radisson Blu beats it out. Then there are 6-7 swimming pools along with the beach... great rooms.

Just took a look on Google maps satellite - How do you get there? - after the last one had no road or parking for cars  a little cautious

Looked online in October - 10 K P  a night

Edited by lamoe
  • Thanks 1

trevorclap007
1 hour ago, goggleye said:

My favorite place has been Rama Beach resort north of there a bit, near Botolan, Zambales.  Price has gone up a bit in the last few years. not sure if it will meet a 2k limit or not anymore.

I used to frequent Rama beach when it was still owned by Robert, an Aussie. Haven't been there in 13 yrs. Nice place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Davaoeno
5 minutes ago, trevorclap007 said:

I used to frequent Rama beach when it was still owned by Robert, an Aussie. Haven't been there in 13 yrs. Nice place.

So you are recommending it to us ?

• Haha 2

Jersey Jim

Recently stayed at the Crimson Resort on Mactan Island and it was very nice although I'm sure there are much nicer places that are not overrun with Korean tourists.

• Thanks 1

Enuff
Just took a look on Google maps satellite - How do you get there? - after the last one had no road or parking for cars  a little cautious

Looked online in October - 10 K P  a night
Go to Alona beach, very clearly marked for Hennans private entrance.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Lordblacknail

We found a place thru Airbnb that has a pool and a kitchen. I am a veggie so wanted a kitchen cuz we are going to be there five days. But I have seen some what look like decent mexican and italian restaurants there, might try the breakfast buffet at henna. How much is it?

• Like 1

goggleye
17 hours ago, trevorclap007 said:

The people I talked to say its improved.   A german cruise ship purser leased it several years ago.  He is there about half a year and working on a ship the other half.    

• Like 2

bmoore

Blue Orchid, MoalBoal. Close to the Cebu City, great near shore snorkeling, good near shore (walk in) diving, very quiet. OK Food. Not a lot of sand, but a lot of very healthy coral. Great for me. I like to drink coffee, eat, snorkel, rest, read, dive, eat, snorkel, rest, read snorkel, rest read, eat, rest, read, drink, sleep. Over and over. My wife might prefer someplace closer to town.

• Thanks 2

Tradewindze
On 8/31/2018 at 9:29 AM, Tradewindze said:

Pleasant Valley Resort, Baler

Mang Mulo's, Magalawa Island, Zamb.

Magic, Lambug Beach

Coco Grove, Siquijor

Coral Cay, Siquijor

Pearl Farm, Davao

Alona Vida Coco, Alona Beach

The Bellevue, Bohol

Hennan Resort, Bohol

Bohol Tropics, Taglibaran

Santiago Beach Resort, Camotes

Hennan Regency, Boracay

Annulling Beach Resort, Negros

Jamont Hotel, Sipalay, Negros

Kav"s Beach Resort, Zamboanquita

Marina Village Beach, Moalboal

Blue Orchid, Moalboal

Vidar Family Resort, Tuburan

Pundaquit, Zambales

Palmera Gardens Resort, Zambales

Rama Beach Resort, Zambales

Villa Teresita Resort, Talisay

Crimson Resort, Mactan Island

Eden Resort, Liloan, Santander 

A handful of additional beach resorts recommended or suggested. There is always a subjective aspect to evaluating places, and sometimes we just have a bad experience for one reason or another. So its good to always have a few backup accommodation options when traveling, even when you are going to a very highly rated place. Keep those suggestions coming, guys.

Kabisay-an gid
On 9/3/2018 at 4:28 PM, bmoore said:

Blue Orchid, MoalBoal. Close to the Cebu City

I guess it depends on a person's definition of "close".

Moalboal is typically about 2 hours by car from Cebu City, and about 3 hours by bus.

Cgu

One of my favorites is Isla cabana resort (cloud nine) in Siragao (strange that Siragao never was mentioned in thus post). I can recommend the villas (not on the cheap side, but very nice).

http://www.islacabanaresort.com/

Siquijor might nice as well, as the locals avoid it (everybody seems to be afraid of the voodoo:D)

• Like 1

RR3
On 9/4/2018 at 4:28 AM, bmoore said:

Blue Orchid, MoalBoal. Close to the Cebu City, great near shore snorkeling, good near shore (walk in) diving, very quiet. OK Food. Not a lot of sand, but a lot of very healthy coral. Great for me. I like to drink coffee, eat, snorkel, rest, read, dive, eat, snorkel, rest, read snorkel, rest read, eat, rest, read, drink, sleep. Over and over. My wife might prefer someplace closer to town.

And 58 minutes w bike 

Located in N tip of White Beach aka Saavedra, BasDako, 6km from Panagsama (BasDiot) and MoalBoal town.

Edited by RR3

shadow
On 9/3/2018 at 8:46 AM, profits101 said:

For small quiet place with one of the most tranquil views I have enjoyed looking towards Siquihor is the Eden Resort, Liloan,, Santander. Good food, sliver of beach below, but fun kayaking, scuba dive shop, good swimming, decent wifi, and great sunsets...

5301-image.jpg

Bohol_Hennan_Resort_2.jpg

Eden is very nice, but it faces Negros (Sibulan specifically) not Siquijor.

;)

• Like 1