Tradewindze

Whats your favorite Beach Resort in the Philippines?

yee
49 minutes ago, RR3 said:

Yes they have, opposite the resort, 200 per head, fan, free wifi, coffee. 

Thanks, RR3.

yee
3 hours ago, sugbu777 said:

"Magic Left" at Pundaquit is better surfing IMO. Liwliwa was smart though, they cater to the younger crowd i.e. surfing, skateboarding, sleeping in hammocks (ugh),holistic stuff etc...They've marketed themselves well. Crystal Bay in San Narciso is nice...town just north of San Antonio.

Haist. I miss surfing. You know any surf place close to cebu? - kinda not into the pro-type surfing, possible rock-landing kind in siargao though.

Been to la union, bagasbas and baler only - the kind of surfing where a long ride will have you landing harshly on sand at worst.

BossHog
1 hour ago, yee said:

- kinda not into the pro-type surfing, possible rock-landing kind in siargao though.

There's a lot of surf spots here on Siargao. Some are best tackled by seasoned pros, especially the iconic Cloud 9. Daku island for example which is a short 10-minute boat ride from the tourist town of General Luna offers some entry to intermediate level surfing possibilities in a safer environment.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

HTM

I love Villa Teresita Resort in Talisay, the best for me

• Like 1

sugbu777
15 hours ago, yee said:

You know any surf place close to cebu?

I do not. Maybe one of the other members do. Unfortunately, I can't surf anymore. Health issues prevent it. Age doesn't matter. Seen plenty of us old geezers on long boards all over the world.

• Like 1

newtocebu
23 hours ago, yee said:

Lucky you :)  

My friends and I frequent Zambales for weekend camping trips when I was in Manila. Potipot island, Magalawa island... Haven't tried surfing at Liwliwa before I went to the Visayas though... maybe when I return.

Pundaquit's got the best places: Anawangin Cove, Nagsasa Cove, Capones Island, Camara Islan :) Love them all. The last time I was in Zambales, we were at Capones too. Wasn't the easiest trip. Water level was low, the boat can't get to the shore. We had to swim/walk/drag each other to shore from shoulder-level water while trying not to get our bags wet using an inflatable water bed. We had a few cigarettes and an iphone as casualty but the trip was fun just the same. 

Our last time in Zambales was almost 10 years ago (gosh I feel old saying that, but dont feel so bad that 10 years ago I was still in my twenties)

Anyway, we stayed at Palmera Gardens resort in Iba

It was nothing fancy, but it was right on the beach, had a pool and a restaurant on site, and was rather cheap back then

I just did a quick google search and discovered that it is still going, and rooms start at around p1,600 / night

• Like 1

yee
22 hours ago, BossHog said:

Daku island for example which is a short 10-minute boat ride from the tourist town of General Luna offers some entry to intermediate level surfing possibilities in a safer environment.

Thanks, BossHog! Definitely will go there once I get some days away from the office. :)

7 hours ago, sugbu777 said:

Unfortunately, I can't surf anymore. Health issues prevent it. Age doesn't matter. Seen plenty of us old geezers on long boards all over the world.

Well, there are plenty of beaches around, or pools... To me, surf or not, water is water. There's bound to be some fun in it.

4 hours ago, newtocebu said:

we stayed at Palmera Gardens resort in Iba

It was nothing fancy, but it was right on the beach, had a pool and a restaurant on site, and was rather cheap back then

I just did a quick google search and discovered that it is still going, and rooms start at around p1,600 / night

Might be what @Tradewindze is looking for!

• Like 2

yee

Update... i checked the P200 peso room-sharing at marina. It exists. Rate is up by P100, so P300 now. But it's not a backpacker type thing... They kinda misunderstood the concept or want to cash in on the misunderstanding. Hahaha. It's 300 per person, if there are two of you. And P500 if you're alone. And it's a well, it's worth P300. It's cramped, 2 beds and 3 square feet for you to walk in. Would probably do if you'll just be using it for bag storage, tour all day, drink all night, leave the next morning kinda thing.

• Like 1

RedRanger
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:27 PM, Raven said:

14150289510_a840bee5ee_o.jpg

The White Beach on Mantigue Island, Camiguin

14150416357_d6b216876f_o.jpg

Is that the sandbar?   I was in Camigium about 10 years ago, I heard there was an actual white beach.  I  remember going to a sand bar that was pretty cool and it was white. 

My favorite beach to date is in Palawan, Sabang.  

White sands, with waves and no rocks or coral.  Best beach to date  I have found.

The area in front of Sheridian Hotel is the best spot

• Like 1

Raven
40 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

Is that the sandbar?   I was in Camigium about 10 years ago, I heard there was an actual white beach.  I  remember going to a sand bar that was pretty cool and it was white. 

My favorite beach to date is in Palawan, Sabang.  

White sands, with waves and no rocks or coral.  Best beach to date  I have found.

The area in front of Sheridian Hotel is the best spot

The sandbar, is White Island North of Camiguin... this is Mantigue Island East of Benoni, Camiguin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

badian

Mantigue island in Camiguin has no resort. There is nowhere to sleep on the island. I think there was at one time, like a homestay type place where the tourists could get self-contained accommodation in like an annexe of a family house, but that was gone by the time I got there.

it's been a while since I was there on Mantigue itself, about 5-6 years, but the mayor was at that time trying to pull off a bit of 'ethnic cleansing' on Mantigue. He wanted to get all the rif raff inhabitants off the island, to clear it and interest investors to build a luxury resort. Previously there used to be a school on Mantigue island, but that shut down. The few children there were, had to get on boats to go to the school in Mahinog. 

• Like 1

Tradewindze

Here is a summary of resorts recommended by commenters on this topic so far. Please feel free to add others. Im sure there are several typos here, apologies in advance. Thank you!

Pleasant Valley Resort, Baler

Mang Mulo's, Magalawa Island, Zamb.

Magic, Lambug Beach

Coco Grove, Siquijor

Coral Cay, Siquijor

Pearl Farm, Davao

Alona Vida Coco, Alona Beach

The Bellevue, Bohol

Bohol Tropics, Taglibaran

Santiago Beach Resort, Camotes

Hennan Regency, Boracay

Annulling Beach Resort, Negros

Jamont Hotel, Sipalay, Negros

Marina Village Beach, Moalboal

Vidar Family Resort, Tuburan

Pundaquit, Zambales

Palmera Gardens Resort, Zambales

Villa Teresita Resort, Talisay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

max111

I think many living in Manila or near would like to add Mindoro/Puerto Galera resorts available there.....

Edited by max111
  • Like 1

lolhahaha

We just spent a few days at Sicogon Island. It's not the best place but still really nice, remote, primitive and very cheap for anyone who can get to Iloilo. There are ton of shells and starfish everywhere on the beach. There are tents to rent on the beach for 300 pesos a night for a huge 6 or 8 person tent. There are a couple resorts there now but they are 5k or more per night so we just got tents for everybody.

The boat from Estancia only runs once a day also so if you don't like it there you are stuck unless you pay a few thousand to get out lol.

I brought my Honda XR150 on one of those little 10 person boats and when we arrived at Sicogon I found that there actually isn't any real road at all, just a paved foot path that goes all the way around the island, up through some of the mountain as well. There are a lot of scooters there but I think mine was the only actual motorcycle on the island that I saw.

The people there will cook you up all kinds of seafood for a buffet like meal for very cheap as well.

You can also walk to that little island in the picture when the tide goes out. Thats me on my motorcycle on the main road in Sicogon.

IMG_2582a.JPG

IMG_2584a.JPG

IMG_2696a.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

mikewright

Kav's Beach Resort, Zamboanguita (near Dumaguete)

Modern beach resort with pool, bar and restaurant.  Good place to stay of you want to visit nearby Apo Island, as they can arrange diving and snorkelling trips. Rooms were very good value (their published rates were heavily discounted on Agoda) and they have beds in a dorm room from 450 pesos.

http://kavsbeachresort.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1