Jump to content
Tradewindze

Whats your favorite Beach Resort in the Philippines?

Recommended Posts

Tradewindze
2 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

uhhhh  you do realize that if your range is 1000-2000 that your price limit is 2000 ????

Yeah, that should get me a pretty good room, with another P1000 for food and a few drinks, I'm all set to kick back and watch the sunset and chat with the locals and the other vagabonds, LOL.

Edited by Tradewindze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yee
16 hours ago, badian said:

Getting a room ANYWHERE on a resort with a pool that is less than 1000 is a feat in itself.

Haha. You bet. :)

There's one I remember though - Marina Village Beach and Dive Resort in Moalboal.

I didn't stay overnight so can't say anything about the room. I was there for the Php500 consumable day-trip thing coz I only had until 5pm that day to lounge around (- yeah, boohoo.)

They are beachfront, they have a restaurant (pricey stuff though,) they have a pool (small one though) and they have a backpacker's room for Php200 per bed (twin-sharing,) so it's a Php400 room but I don't know what it looks like, hehe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tradewindze
27 minutes ago, Humboldt said:

take a midnight swim under the full moon .

Sounds like fun, except when you step on something with spines that you didn't see.

:shocked:%$#@$%%%!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tradewindze
17 minutes ago, yee said:

There's one I remember though - Marina Village Beach and Dive Resort in Moalboal.

http://www.marina-village-resort.com/restaurant_moalboal.html

Looks good! I hope the bartender is there when I get there, hehe.

Edited by Tradewindze
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yee
20 hours ago, Tradewindze said:

Sounds like fun, except when you step on something with spines that you didn't see.

:shocked:%$#@$%%%!!!!

Aqua shoes :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sugbu777
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:50 AM, Tradewindze said:

Beautiful, but too upscale looking for my budget, and as you mentioned, no beach.

If you want less upscale, try Pundaquit in Zambales.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1028037-d3322165-Reviews-Nora_s_Beach_Resort-Pundaquit_Zambales_Province_Central_Luzon_Region_Luzon.html

Edited by sugbu777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yee
59 minutes ago, sugbu777 said:

Pundaquit is LOVE :) 

Don't miss the Capones island lighthouse and you also might want try to camp out at Nagsasa Cove :) Camara Island is beautiful too but kinda gets untidy - not sure if they got that under control now.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
badian
22 hours ago, yee said:

Haha. You bet. :)

There's one I remember though - Marina Village Beach and Dive Resort in Moalboal.

I didn't stay overnight so can't say anything about the room. I was there for the Php500 consumable day-trip thing coz I only had until 5pm that day to lounge around (- yeah, boohoo.)

They are beachfront, they have a restaurant (pricey stuff though,) they have a pool (small one though) and []i]they have a backpacker's room for Php200 per bed (twin-sharing,) so it's a Php400 room but [/i]I don't know what it looks like, hehe.

you don't know what it looks like because it doesn't exist. That is just false information. No way does that resort have a room selling as cheap as that. 

here is a full list of all the resorts with swimming pools in Cebu that I know of that sell rooms for 1000 or less : 

Compostela Pension House 1000 aircon fan 600

Green Lagoon Compostela 1000 fan 

Shem hotel, Toledo 850 aircon

Sunshine Pension House Moalboal, fan 800

Vidar Family Resort, Tuburan fan 700 pool 50pp extra 

Coal Kay Mountain Resort Argao 850 fan 

Spring Park Mountain Resort, Lutopan 500 fan, 1000 aircon 

Santiago Resort, Camotes 1000 fan

of those the ones with beach access where you can swim in the sea are the Green Lagoon, Compostela, Vidar Family, Tuburan, and Santiago, Camotes. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yee
27 minutes ago, badian said:

you don't know what it looks like because it doesn't exist. That is just false information. No way does that resort have a room selling as cheap as that. 

It's posted right by their gate so I doubt it's false.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
newtocebu
22 hours ago, Tradewindze said:

http://www.marina-village-resort.com/restaurant_moalboal.html

Looks good! I hope the bartender is there when I get there, hehe.

Finds like that need to be kept quiet

I wouldnt trust any of the old hornbags on here not to race down there and sweep her off her feet

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sugbu777
1 hour ago, yee said:

Pundaquit is LOVE :) 

Don't miss the Capones island lighthouse and you also might want try to camp out at Nagsasa Cove :) Camara Island is beautiful too but kinda gets untidy - not sure if they got that under control now.  

I was stationed there for 4 years at San Miguel Communications Station just above Pundaquit. The beach just above Pundaquit was our "closed" beach for the base. Zambales has miles and mile of beach. We spent lots of time on Capones Islands. Got a pic of my wife bbqing at Pundaquit when she was about 4 mos pregnant with our second daughter back in ' 84. My wife is from Cebu, but we both miss Zambales. Good times all up and down that coast. We had a great beach kubo in Botolan.

Edited by sugbu777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yee
1 minute ago, sugbu777 said:

I was stationed there for 4 years at San Miguel Communications Station just above Pundaquit. The beach just above Pundaquit was our "closed" beach for the base. Zambales has miles and mile of beach. We spent lots of time on Capones Islands. Got a pic of my wife bbqing at Pundaquit when she was about 4 mos pregnant with our second daughter back in ' 84. My wife is from Cebu, but we both miss Zambales. Good times all up and down that coast.

Lucky you :)  

My friends and I frequent Zambales for weekend camping trips when I was in Manila. Potipot island, Magalawa island... Haven't tried surfing at Liwliwa before I went to the Visayas though... maybe when I return.

Pundaquit's got the best places: Anawangin Cove, Nagsasa Cove, Capones Island, Camara Islan :) Love them all. The last time I was in Zambales, we were at Capones too. Wasn't the easiest trip. Water level was low, the boat can't get to the shore. We had to swim/walk/drag each other to shore from shoulder-level water while trying not to get our bags wet using an inflatable water bed. We had a few cigarettes and an iphone as casualty but the trip was fun just the same. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sugbu777
22 minutes ago, yee said:

Haven't tried surfing at Liwliwa

"Magic Left" at Pundaquit is better surfing IMO. Liwliwa was smart though, they cater to the younger crowd i.e. surfing, skateboarding, sleeping in hammocks (ugh),holistic stuff etc...They've marketed themselves well. Crystal Bay in San Narciso is nice...town just north of San Antonio.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kabisay-an gid

Per TripAdvisor:

Quote

 

Marina Village Beach and Dive Resort - Moalboal

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g663539-d1553194-Reviews-Marina_Village_Beach_and_Dive_Resort-Moalboal_Cebu_Island_Visayas.html

"The lodge has dorm rooms for 2 people 300 pesos easch or 500 pesos for 1"

"We stayed on a dorm room for 300 each. It is a large dorm that is devided into 8 compartments of 2 beds each. You have your own room (500 if only one)"

Edited by Kabisay-an gid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RR3
4 hours ago, badian said:

you don't know what it looks like because it doesn't exist. That is just false information. No way does that resort have a room selling as cheap as that. 

Yes they have, opposite the resort, 200 per head, fan, free wifi, coffee. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..