Tradewindze

Whats your favorite Beach Resort in the Philippines?

Tradewindze

When I travel around the islands, I prefer to stay in smaller resorts with full amenities, which includes a restaurant and beach bar, pool, plenty of tropical vegetation, and, of course, a nice beach. What are your top choices?  

Edited by Tradewindze
larger script
  • Like 4

Enuff
When I travel around the islands, I prefer to stay in smaller resorts with full amenities, which includes a restaurant and beach bar, pool, plenty of tropical vegetation, and, of course, a nice beach. What are your top choices?  

Ours is Alona Vida Coco in Alona beach, what yours?

http://www.alonavida.com

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

036dde5ae887f04383ad7c84640e163c.jpg72df3e3190d6711b834945a1348c07b1.jpg

• Like 2

Dafey

We haven't been here that long but so far one of our favs is Santiago Beach Resort in the Camotes.

2016_1112_000013_001.thumb.JPG.cc4f576e3afc8bcacd22fd7a0c0cf791.JPG2017_0425_151541_004.thumb.JPG.598ecd77e5e4d7e75f415c352ada7fe4.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Richard K
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

We haven't been here that long but so far one of our favs is Santiago Beach Resort in the Camotes.

2016_1112_000013_001.thumb.JPG.cc4f576e3afc8bcacd22fd7a0c0cf791.JPG2017_0425_151541_004.thumb.JPG.598ecd77e5e4d7e75f415c352ada7fe4.JPG

I too have not been to very many but this is also my fav so far. Has everything I want and need.
There used to be a fast boat back and forth to Cebu but I think it is not in service any longer.

• Like 1

Tradewindze

Those are really nice looking resorts, but I'm more into smaller, a little off the beaten path places. My current favorite is the Coral Cay Resort, Siquijor. 

http://www.coralcayresort.com/

Edited by Tradewindze
added link
  • Like 2

newtocebu

Hennan Regency Resort, Boracay

I know there are lots of Boracay haters here, but this one ticks all the boxes for us

In some peoples opinion, there may be much better places to visit in the Philippines, but like it or not, Boracay IS the biggest drawcard

We went in May last year (first time back since 2010, 4th time overall) and yes Boracay has changed, for better, and for worse

There are a lot more visitors, but there are also a lot more resorts, bars, live entertainment, dining choices etc

The island has a great buzz, and really comes alive at night

The resort itself is absolutely top notch - cant fault it

The staff are very competent and professional, and the facilities are first class

• Like 2

Gus
I know there are lots of Boracay haters here, but this one ticks all the boxes for us
In some peoples opinion, there may be much better places to visit in the Philippines, but like it or not, Boracay IS the biggest drawcard
We went in May last year (first time back since 2010, 4th time overall) and yes Boracay has changed, for better, and for worse
There are a lot more visitors, but there are also a lot more resorts, bars, live entertainment, dining choices etc
The staff are very competent and professional, and the facilities are first class

Wont be much good for the next 6months, due to Boracay being closed down..
Could try [email protected] Alona, that's pretty nice. Although Alona beach is next on Du30 hit list for closure ..

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

Jack Rat
14 minutes ago, newtocebu said:

I don't think anyone said they "hated" Boracay, only some were pointing out there are many comparable resorts scattered throughout the Philippines. It boils down to 'horses for courses' I guess!!

Salty Dog

If you want way off the beaten path check out Antulang Beach Resort. Not too much in the way of a beach, but great views from the cliff's. Very large pool. 

https://www.antulangresort.com

Antalung 036 09-11-2011.JPG

Antalung 012 09-11-2011.JPG

Antalung 013 09-11-2011.JPG

Antalung 044 10-21-2011.jpg

Antalung 009 09-11-2011.JPG

Antalung 047 10-21-2011.jpg

• Like 4

Tradewindze

Beautiful, but too upscale looking for my budget, and as you mentioned, no beach.

Edwin

Amanpulo resort on Pamlican island. Good food, no crowds, beautiful beach, atv's, fishing charters, wave runners, no pollution. The best the Philippines has to offer. Too bad I can't afford it. 

• Like 1

RR3

If it's named here, no more off the beaten track :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tradewindze

We have some very discriminating tastes here:). As for myself, I'm satisfied with some BBQ, a mango shake, and a cold beer. ( And I mean cold) I don't need a/c, but gotta have a good fan. :snowflakes:  A simple room is fine, but it has to be clean and free from pests, at least most nights, LOL.A big plus is a resort that has good coffee ready at the break of dawn, not at 7am with breakfast.Sometimes the breakfast crew can be bribed to accommodate that, hehehe..

• Like 3

RR3
2 hours ago, Tradewindze said:

We have some very discriminating tastes here:). As for myself, I'm satisfied with some BBQ, a mango shake, and a cold beer. ( And I mean cold) I don't need a/c, but gotta have a good fan. :snowflakes:  A simple room is fine, but it has to be clean and free from pests, at least most nights, LOL.A big plus is a resort that has good coffee ready at the break of dawn, not at 7am with breakfast.Sometimes the breakfast crew can be bribed to accommodate that, hehehe..

Sounds good for me. Pool I don't want. What is the first kids do in the pool? You don't want to know :baby2:

Sand beach is not to my liking, sand gets everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Nice reef at site or close by, the I go and stay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Davaoeno
4 minutes ago, RR3 said:

Sand beach is not to my liking,

I agree ! Sand is very messy and after all many people walk all over it with bare feet !! Ugh !!   I also prefer a beach without water ! We all know what the fish do in the water ! And its got all that gross seaweed in it ! 

The post is about a persons favorite beach . I think the Pearl Farm in Davao City is wonderful - but because its so expensive I have never been there. Can one have a favorite if they dont go there ?

https://www.pearlfarmresort.com/

The Pearl Farm searches your bags on arrival because you are not allowed to take any booze or food there [ so they can force you to buy their own terribly overpriced booze and food ! ]

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1