Applying for a Call Center job

Dinuguanboy

I applied at a Call Center in Bacolod and got the job but could not take it because I had to leave for Manila the next day. I am mestiso FilAm yet unable to acquire dual citizenship thanks to a law passed in 1967 when I was born. My citizenship went to my father, American as I was born in the USA. So what are the legal requirements to get a call center job not to mention not being to stay for more than 59 days incountry? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Dude, why did you apply to begin with, if you had to go to Manila? Why didn't you wait until you got back?

Other companies do, so I imagine call centers would, can arrange for you to get a working visa here.

Now, you should attempt to secure your dual citizenship again. I have known Filipinos older than you who have secured their dual citizenship. You should be entitled because your mother is a Filipina, if I am correct here.

Caveat Emptor

For your perusal.

Art. IV Philippine Constitution. Section 1. The following are citizens of the Philippines:

[1] Those who are citizens of the Philippines at the time of the adoption of this Constitution;

[2] Those whose fathers or mothers are citizens of the Philippines;

[3] Those born before January 17, 1973, of Filipino mothers, who elect Philippine citizenship upon reaching the age of majority; and

[4] Those who are naturalized in accordance with law.

You may secure a working visa to get a call center job here in the Philippines. You may seek the help of the Call Centers Human Resources that you have applied for to get an endorsement for a working visa. I am not certain how the process is in getting a working visa but I can ask around.

Regards,

seattle2cebu

what call center did you apply at?

I applied at a Call Center in Bacolod and got the job but could not take it because I had to leave for Manila the next day. I am mestiso FilAm yet unable to acquire dual citizenship thanks to a law passed in 1967 when I was born. My citizenship went to my father, American as I was born in the USA. So what are the legal requirements to get a call center job not to mention not being to stay for more than 59 days incountry? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Paul

FYI: Dave, he's talking about a call center on another island, Negros, which is west of us. Bacolod is on the west side of that island.

• 3 weeks later...