Sign in to follow this  
RangerUp

Best mattress in Cebu?

Jester

I have a 12 inch foam in the house and a 5 inch foam in the RV.   The 5 inch is almost as comfortable as the 12 inch and I am very happy with both of them!  Both of these are made of 2 different types of foam with one referred to as a memory foam and the other a base.  

The foams get a bit confusing, high density, memory, med density ect.  So need to do a bit of research. 

On another note I bough a used hideabed with a hybrid mattress in it.  It is air and coil springs.   It is unbelievably comfortable.  I would not be willing to recommend them as it does not get used often so I do not know how well it would hold up, but if I ever replace the foam it will be with one of these!! 

aaa.PNG

• Like 3

Flakes
1 hour ago, Jester said:

I have a 12 inch foam in the house and a 5 inch foam in the RV.   The 5 inch is almost as comfortable as the 12 inch and I am very happy with both of them!  Both of these are made of 2 different types of foam with one referred to as a memory foam and the other a base.  

The foams get a bit confusing, high density, memory, med density ect.  So need to do a bit of research. 

On another note I bough a used hideabed with a hybrid mattress in it.  It is air and coil springs.   It is unbelievably comfortable.  I would not be willing to recommend them as it does not get used often so I do not know how well it would hold up, but if I ever replace the foam it will be with one of these!! 

aaa.PNG

Never seen these hybrid mattresses here for sale. 

Jester
3 hours ago, Flakes said:

Never seen these hybrid mattresses here for sale. 

Do not see them for sale here in the states either, would have to be ordered. 

topcat72m

They are common here in Ireland now. 

battleborn

Were available in some sleeper sofas in the US six years ago

Were available in some sleeper sofas in the US six years ago

Jim Sibbick
On 4/3/2018 at 12:46 AM, Flakes said:

I dont like these Foam matrasses they just make u sink into it.

I will be purchasing my fourth 6 inch manadaue foam mattress in the next few weeks.

I have had three previous 6 inch mandaue foam mattresses. Best sleep I have ever had.  I have never noticed any sinking. 

One of them, previous LINC forum owner Paul slept on for about a year. That matress is still going well on Leyte 12 years later. 

I agree that they can be ruined by water. One of the mattresses was discarded after typhoon yolanda had it's way with it and replaced with another that my ex fiance now has. 

• Like 1

Raven

I have 6 Single and 2 Queen size Mandaue Foam Box Spring.

The only negative about them is the Queens have a lot of sideways movement when 2 people sleeping and then they have 6 legs and the 2 in center should have a small setback 'cos you constant hit your feet on them.

Otherwise nice beds...a bit pricey.

Bed_Testing_Area_inside_Mandaue_Foam_Sho

• Like 2

Flakes
54 minutes ago, Raven said:

I have 6 Single and 2 Queen size Mandaue Foam Box Spring.

The only negative about them is the Queens have a lot of sideways movement when 2 people sleeping and then they have 6 legs and the 2 in center should have a small setback 'cos you constant hit your feet on them.

Otherwise nice beds...a bit pricey.

Bed_Testing_Area_inside_Mandaue_Foam_Sho

What’s the price  for their queen size foam box spring?

This should surely be more comfortable  then a regular foam mattress. 

Edited by Flakes

Raven
12 minutes ago, Flakes said:

What’s the price  for their queen size foam box spring?

This should surely be more comfortable  then a regular foam mattress. 

In 2014 I paid about P7000,- for the Box and P8200 for the Gala Mattress. The standard size is 60x75, but I got them all in 36/60x78.

• Like 1

battleborn

Standard size for Queen in PI might be 60x75, but in the US it is 60x80.

shadow
30 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Standard size for Queen in PI might be 60x75, but in the US it is 60x80.

Well that's easy then, buy it in the US and bring it over in a suitcase!

Edited by shadow
  • Haha 2

Raven

You could maybe get it custom made in 60x80, for a higher price, but then you get problems with the bedding's. So I settled with the 78 and anyway most of our guests are Filipinos.

• Like 1

delancey
22 hours ago, Jim Sibbick said:

I will be purchasing my fourth 6 inch manadaue foam mattress in the next few weeks.

I have had three previous 6 inch mandaue foam mattresses. Best sleep I have ever had.  I have never noticed any sinking. 

One of them, previous LINC forum owner Paul slept on for about a year. That matress is still going well on Leyte 12 years later. 

I agree that they can be ruined by water. One of the mattresses was discarded after typhoon yolanda had it's way with it and replaced with another that my ex fiance now has. 

The owners of Mandaue foam seem like nice people, they were often ate at the same Abaca restaurant as us. Anyway, we had a custom job because the crib was not standard. They charged a incredibly fair P1K for a custom foam to order. Three weeks. All else we buy standard. (K.I.S.S method) So for all the potential flaws that is what I think of when people say matress... Mandaue Foam. I know I sound like a shill but they have been nice so far. Good word of mouth.

• Like 1

arentol

Bought a king size at Our Home years ago and it's the best mattress I've ever slept on. Box-spring mattress, cost around P41k circa 2012.

Aren

• Like 1