murders of UK nationals in the Philippines 2008-18

JamesMusslewhite
5 hours ago, Woolf said:

those numbers just means that people from uk are spending more time in those countries, the numbers are not murders but deaths

silly form of humor, I will say

Well that is much to do about nothing. Nice job of trying to make a crocodile out of a greckp...

JamesMusslewhite
1 hour ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

If you include ALL foreigners from ALL nations - MANY foreigners are murdered in their own residences in the Philippines. I provided several examples off the top of my head in another thread. A thorough Google search will turn up a large number of foreigners murdered in their own residences in the Philippines.

CCTV by itself isn't going to save your life in every instance, but it is valuable as both an early warning system and as a tool in helping identify guilty parties after the fact.

That is why I have several good barkers in the yard, 30 rounds in the chip and 7 clips in the belt.    

lopburi3
8 hours ago, Flakes said:

Thailand paradise killer number one for the British folks mostly deadly motorcycle accidents.

Indeed a lot of UK deaths in Thailand - but mostly of old age (and yes motorcycle accidents are a huge problem for everyone).  Believe only two deaths of total were considered murder (although Thailand often under-reports if any doubt).  Can not compare with Philippines without total number of visitors data (Thailand hugely popular with British whereas Philippines seems to be more popular with US/OZ).

12 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Indeed a lot of UK deaths in Thailand - but mostly of old age (and yes motorcycle accidents are a huge problem for everyone).  Believe only two deaths of total were considered murder (although Thailand often under-reports if any doubt).  Can not compare with Philippines without total number of visitors data (Thailand hugely popular with British whereas Philippines seems to be more popular with US/OZ).

Indeed i forgot actually most uk folks in Thailand  i think die i from age and alchohol consumption then motorbike accidents and balcony fallings. Have u lived in Thailand and now here or?

lopburi3
1 minute ago, Flakes said:

Indeed i forgot actually most uk folks in Thailand  i think die i from age and alchohol consumption then motorbike accidents and balcony fallings. Have u lived in Thailand and now here or?

Lived Philippines 1985-89 but in Thailand since 1992.

Kabisay-an gid

Murders of foreigners are definitely underreported in Thailand. Some suspicious deaths are quickly written off as 'suicides' with little if any investigation. Don't take my word for it, Google is your friend.

A Brit I know who has lived for a number of years in both countries, is adamant in his belief that Thailand is just as dangerous for foreigners as the Philippines. 

No need to be overly paranoid, but keep your eyes and ears wide open, and use common sense when traveling or living in either country.

16 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Lived Philippines 1985-89 but in Thailand since 1992.

Okey nice i lived in Thailand from 2008 till 2015.Bkk,Pty,Phk but i already moved to Phillipines.

streak03

I knew  the guy that was extradited from the US to Phils for the David Balmer murder. We worked at the US Embassy in Kabul for a couple of years, roughly 2007-2008 or so  Tim Kaufman was extradited to Angeles City and died soon after of heart failure while in jail awaiting trial.

i would not want to say whether you friend was guilty or not. How do I know.

most foreigners murdered in the Philippines are of course murdered by Filipinos, but that appears to have been a comparitively rare case of a foreigner murdering another foreigner. There may well have been more but I can only remember one other of those - http://philippineslifestyle.com/australian-national-charged-murder-cebu/ where an Australian was accused of killing an Amercian guy. Ratcliff and his wife are still at large it seems.

i would not want to say whether you friend was guilty or not. How do I know.
most foreigners murdered in the Philippines are of course murdered by Filipinos, but that appears to have been a comparitively rare case of a foreigner murdering another foreigner. There may well have been more but I can only remember one other of those - http://philippineslifestyle.com/australian-national-charged-murder-cebu/ where an Australian was accused of killing an Amercian guy. Ratcliff and his wife are still at large it seems.
Tim Wilson was a friend of mine, and most people ( in the Toledo area, at least) who knew Tim, also knew Ratty.
So, this was an absolute tragedy and a shock to many..

As far as foreigner on foreigner, though I don't have anything in the way of links etc, but, I'm led to believe that there have been a number of Korean on Korean murders particularly around Angeles, where many are involved in Bar, nightclub and restaurant ownership as well as organised tours.
These would hardly even be reported in mainstream media.

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk