elBradford

Renting a Motorcycle?

A_Simple_Man
2 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

previously foreign helmets were exempt from the sticker requirement . I don't know if that is still the case. [ A-simple-man says that isnt the case now ]

I am just going from memory and it fails as I age so here is an old thread on the matter.  I have not heard of anyone having their sticker checked so for me, I would not worry about it.

Woolf

https://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2010/ra_10054_2010.html

Section 5. Provision of Motorcycle Helmets. - A new motorcycle helmet which bears the Philippine Standard (PS) mark or Import Commodity Clearance (ICC) of the Bureau of Product Standards (BPS) and complies with the standards set by the BPS shall be made available by every seller and/or dealer every time a new motorcycle unit is purchased and which the purchaser may buy at bis option. Failure to comply with the requirements provided under this section shall constitute a violation of this Act.

• Thanks 1

Gus
I am just going from memory and it fails as I age so here is an old thread on the matter.  I have not heard of anyone having their sticker checked so for me, I would not worry about it.

Less than a month ago a friend of mine took a habal habal from Lapu Lapu to South Terminal ..a fair way , but he was in a hurry . In Mandaue they got pulled over, and the driver fined because the helmet he provided my friend did not have a sticker ..

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

lolhahaha

It must be a lot different over there in the city. Here in the boonies on Iloilo almost nobody wears a helmet on a motorcycle unless you consider those umbrella hats a helmet haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SkyMan

I think it was about 5 years ago they were all excited about those stickers and everyone had to take their helmets in to get them even is they were DOT or SNELL rated.  They posted some notice they were going to hold off on that and everyone forgot about it.  Then they came back and said it was on and there were only like 3 days left to get them for old helmets and they said none would be given to imported helmets.  Big lines downtown of people with bags of helmets to get stickered.  Then a month later I never heard another peep about the stickers.  I think it was more of trade monopoly thing than a safety issue.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Thanks 1