The Comfort Room Forum - Questions & Answers

Salty Dog

jtmwatchbiz
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

First of all, what constitutes a "quality post" and who will be judging that?

well..."judging" by my post above yours it doesn't appear that the requirement is enforced all that strictly/

as to the rest of your perry mason-like cross examination...who died and left you boss?  this updated additional section to the forum was the result of at least a couple of months behind the scenes work by staff so let's assume they have their reasons for giving it a whirl.   why not lighten up and let's see how it goes? 

• Like 3
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jtmwatchbiz

• Salty Dog

• Headshot

• mikewright

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Instead of criticizing the name, rules, and color of the new forum let's take a moment to thank the efforts of those who listened to the popular demand and put in the time to get it done. Thanks

Bill is this necessary ? your scrutinisation of criteria involving this addition to Linc's current line up.... Are you going to become a member , or just pick the shit out of the processes ?

1. Quality Posts will be judged by the Staff charged with evaluating members for access. They may not be able to quantify what quality is, but they certainly know what isn't quality when they see it.

Posted Images

Woolf

Grrrrrrrr

with that color I was sure I had entered the woman´s cr

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
jtmwatchbiz
2 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Grrrrrrrr

so says the guy that recently showed up for coffee on a bright yellow motorbike  :biggrin_01:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
oztony
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

Second, really? The rules in the open forums prohibit controversial topics. How will this forum be different if those topics can't be discussed?

Third, why impose an activity rule at all? It seems like it has never been those who read more than they post who have gotten themselves into trouble in the outlaw forums of the past. Having an activity rule will just bring charges that this part of the forum is "clubby" and that unwanted members are arbitrarily removed, similar to the reputation the old "Cellar" had. Does having a large number of forum members somehow create extra work for the staff? If it does (other than signing them up), I fail to see it, so maybe you could explain this.

Bill is this necessary ? your scrutinisation of criteria involving this addition to Linc's current line up....

Are you going to become a member , or just pick the shit out of the processes ?

As far as your comment regarding the Cellar ....all of your information is second or third hand chismosa ....are you into chismosa Bill ?

Take a step back and allow those that are involved and in the KNOW to restructure and format things as they see fit ...there's a good lad now.....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
On 3/25/2018 at 2:31 AM, Headshot said:

Second, really? The rules in the open forums prohibit controversial topics. How will this forum be different if those topics can't be discussed?

Third, why impose an activity rule at all? It seems like it has never been those who read more than they post who have gotten themselves into trouble in the outlaw forums of the past. Having an activity rule will just bring charges that this part of the forum is "clubby" and that unwanted members are arbitrarily removed, similar to the reputation the old "Cellar" had. Does having a large number of forum members somehow create extra work for the staff? If it does (other than signing them up), I fail to see it, so maybe you could explain this.

1. Quality Posts will be judged by the Staff charged with evaluating members for access. They may not be able to quantify what quality is, but they certainly know what isn't quality when they see it.

2. "really?" I have no idea what this means.

The rules are being rewritten. But in case you forgot what they were the last time you saw them. The following is a excerpt of the rule that would govern The Comfort Room's forums. I think this should explain how the same rules can be applied throughout LinC.

04. Prohibited Topics, Posts, Avatars and Signatures

DO NOT post political, religious, controversial, vulgar or sexual topics/posts ANYWHERE on the open forum. Members are warned after the first infraction and banned after the second. Many people love to discuss these topics, however, many others do not. So, let's all respect each other here and keep these topics in The Comfort Room (CR) Forums where they are allowed.

User's Avatars and Signatures - The same rules apply to User's Avatars and Signatures. They shall not be political, religious, controversial, vulgar or sexual in nature. 

The Comfort Room (CR) Forums - The CR contains forums for discussing politics, religion and controversial topics. These forums are hidden from guest viewers and the general membership. The membership requirements for access to the CR are posted in the So You Want To Join The Comfort Room thread. Once you have been granted access, you may post associated topics/posts in these forums.

LinC is starting a new restricted access forum. It will be similar to many online forums that have an advanced member section. This forum will be similar to the old Outlaw Forum. A place to discuss current events and issues that aren't allowed on the open forum due to their often contentious nature. 

3. Access to The Comfort Room is a type of reward for members who have contributed significantly to LinC and who want to post topics they can't post elsewhere on LinC. So yes, you could call it a club. While LinC has provisions for clubs, they are not as flexible and can't be moderated as easily as forums. 

Removing members for failure to post a minimal number of posts is hardly arbitrary when it's applied the same to all members. 

"Does having a large number of forum members somehow create extra work for the staff? If it does (other than signing them up), I fail to see it, so maybe you could explain this." As I've said, it is like a club. A club is an association or organization dedicated to a particular interest or activity. The management has chosen to measure this interest and activity by the number of posts it's members contribute to the Comfort Room. Very similar to how it was measured in the Outlaw Forums when you were a moderator.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
39 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Grrrrrrrr

Yes, but you won't ever forget what forum you're posting in...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Woolf
8 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Yes, but you won't ever forget what forum you're posting in...

I will get used to it, I guess

it was not to criticize, more like an observation 

• Like 3
jtmwatchbiz
32 minutes ago, Richard K said:

I like it..

yes it will help me get in touch with my feminine side.  that and those fishnets i will stash under the sink.   there is a sink in the Cr no?  

Headshot
8 hours ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

well..."judging" by my post above yours it doesn't appear that the requirement is enforced all that strictly/

as to the rest of your perry mason-like cross examination...who died and left you boss?  this updated additional section to the forum was the result of at least a couple of months behind the scenes work by staff so let's assume they have their reasons for giving it a whirl.   why not lighten up and let's see how it goes? 

This topic is for asking questions about the new CR. I'm asking them. Why would you have a problem with that?

Headshot
7 hours ago, oztony said:

Bill is this necessary ? your scrutinisation of criteria involving this addition to Linc's current line up....

Are you going to become a member , or just pick the shit out of the processes ?

As far as your comment regarding the Cellar ....all of your information is second or third hand chismosa ....are you into chismosa Bill ?

Take a step back and allow those that are involved and in the KNOW to restructure and format things as they see fit ...there's a good lad now.....

WTF is wrong with you? All I did was ask some questions about the new CR forum. Isn't that what this topic is for? Or is it that you are saying to me...

5ab7c89d9e7ec_Meme194.jpg.2e9af42c66163aa4e6c0a964dc3ca657.jpg

My questions were directed to Salty dog, who somewhat graciously answered them (thank you Don). As far as I know, Salty Dog is the creator of the new forum, so I see no reason why you (or anybody else) should jump in on top of me for asking questions in a topic designed for questions and answers. You added nothing with your comments. BTW, your condescending remarks are not worthy of you.

• Like 1
topcat72m
15 hours ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

ok time for more complaints.   how many will find this official picture gender-insensitive and offensive?   there are three urinals but no toilets for the female members.  better get this addressed asap and also add a stall that is handicapped accessible.  also.  is there a ramp and wide access door?  

I know a few girls that would have no problem using it. 

Add me if I qualify. 

• Haha 2
Soarking
16 hours ago, Alfred E. Neuman said:

Standing up or sitting down?

NOBOBY in the Philippines sits...

they squat

Edited by Soarking
oztony
6 hours ago, Headshot said:

BTW, your condescending remarks are not worthy of you.

Apologies Bill .....(I see it worked though , you joined.....) ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1