16 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Hahahaha, and while you are applying for that you can expect to be asked many times if the fence is already built.

Yes, but still you need a fencing permit. Or it can b smart to have. 
It's not that easy if some complaining on your fence and you don't have a  fencing permit.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jawny

• SkyMan

• A_Simple_Man

• Kabisay-an gid

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I gotta hand it to you.  You go all the way when trying to prove your point.  I should also point out that 2 guys on a motorcycle would make short work of that dog if the backrider had a gun. Oh

I rented a house in Sampaguita a few years ago, it had a ten foot or so wall completely around it, the people that owned it had let a neighbor, actually build a store using the fence for one of the wa

Try one of these....

Posted Images

Jawny
3 hours ago, HTM said:

REMEMBER to get a fencing permit first.

No fence permit is required where I live. 

9 minutes ago, Jawny said:

No fence permit is required where I live. 

You can probably build a fence without a permit in many locations in the Philippines, even if one is required by law.
It's in the "National Building Code of the Philippines" I think

• Like 1
Kabisay-an gid
18 hours ago, sugbu777 said:

If a healthy adult male here wants over an 8 foot wall, they are over in 15 seconds flat.  A 15 foot wall would be more of a challenge..  but I'm sure they can do it. 

An 8-foot wall with security spikes, along with a heavy-duty shrouded industrial padlock on the gate, will keep out all but the most determined and crafty burglars. Of course the house itself should have a high level of security, such as deadbolt locks, window bars etcetera.

If somebody manages to get over the wall and break into a well-secured house, remember that they're going to have to be able to get back out with the things they stole. Which is easier said than done if the wall and gate are well-fortified. 

I believe everybody here realizes that no house is impregnable, but as SkyMan mentioned, the main objective is to make it so difficult to get in (and out) - that burglars will bypass your house and break into one that is an easier target.

oztony

We have a 10 foot fence , the main purpose is for blocking noise from our neighbors ...everything else is a bonus....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
sugbu777
11 hours ago, SkyMan said:

during one of the highway widening efforts, well, it got paved over.  Oooops.  

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kabisay-an gid
1 hour ago, oztony said:

We have a 10 foot fence , the main purpose is for blocking noise from our neighbors ...everything else is a bonus....

Yep. A good wall can provide security, privacy, noise control, and protection from severe storms and some other types of natural disasters.

Edited by Kabisay-an gid
  • Like 1
colemanlee
9 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

they're going to have to be able to get back out with the things they stole

And that is where you have them dead to rights....there will be zero questions if they meet their end especially if you have a good camera system

hyaku

Even the women here can climb a coco palm. When I was fixing my fence (to keep the dogs in) my helper was holding the barbed wire out of the way with his toes!  To think a fence would stop them here is a dream. Thing is if your area is that bad and you fear intruders? You should not be living there. Either that or have security bars on the windows. It's your personal stuff they are after, not your garden shovel

Neighbors will not observe boundaries in the province. If it's their side it's theirs. They will fix things to it or use it as a back wall for building No sooner was the cement dry my one and only neighbour had fixed a clothesline to the other side of the wall.

When we go away for a time we put anything of value in the house. Longest period was a year. Nothing missing

Edited by hyaku
  • Haha 1
A_Simple_Man
11 minutes ago, hyaku said:

Neighbors will not observe boundaries in the province. If it's their side it's theirs. They will fix things to it or use it as a back wall for building No sooner was the cement dry my one and only neighbour had fixed a clothesline to the other side of the wall.

Totally true.

If I was building a wall I would get a fencing permit just to be sure where I can put the fence without the neighbor "starting a case" against me to try and get me to move it

If a wall is built inside your property line then you have just given away that bit of property as someone could very well come and start squatting on the thin piece of property near your wall and if they stay long enough then they have rights to live there.

hyaku, you may remember back when Byron was forced to build a cheap fence as his neighbors were using his land right up to the wall of his house and he went to the Barangay Captain who told him;  If you don't build a fence to show them where your property starts then you cannot make them move.  So he had Raymond come over and build a cheap bamboo fence.  I wonder what happened with his neighbors after that.

Humboldt

I think the Filipino broken glass ,, trumps the barbed wire , cheaper also , hard to see at night time ...We have a 8 ft fence around our place ,, just to keep our dogs in and other dogs out....also bougainvillea plants makes a good natural barbed wire .

A_Simple_Man
10 minutes ago, Humboldt said:

I think the Filipino broken glass

A person has to watch out for getting a false sense of security.  Kids came over my wall with broken glass.  It was 9 years back but it was the middle of the day.  Wall was 6 foot high with broken glass at the top.  Kids walked into neighbors yard so it was hard for anyone to see what they were up to.  They broke the big pieces of glass off with a stick and threw the neighbors laundry on the top of the wall so they could climb over without getting cut.  The laundry was still on the wall when we got home so it was easy to figure out what they had done.

Bottom line is walls will only keep out the basically honest thieves.  Although that coiled razor blade Concertina wire tends to keep most out.

Jawny

One thing I wish I had done better when building my first fence was to have it "wired" for lighting.  While the posts are being built and then the walls, electrical pvc can be installed to allow for lighting at a later time. 

As far as the fence being a security measure, I have always been aware the intention is not to keep people out.  Just to make it a lot harder to get in.  Even if it is as simple as covering the broken glass, it does delay the entry.  

For us, the fencing is more of a boundary and privacy fence.  We have made it very clear where our land is with the fence.  Along three sides it is cement and a couple of meters high.  Along the front, it is with an open see through design of metal bars.  We can see who is coming or wants our attention.

it doesn’t keep the snakes or cats out, but we try.

• Like 1
Humboldt
4 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Bottom line is walls will only keep out the basically honest thieves.  Although that coiled razor blade Concertina wire tends to keep most out.

kind of a oxymoron honest thieves ,,, Wife and I were checking out some mountain properties , i noticed a house 

with two layers of bladed Concertina wire with about 10 high powered flood lights around it , asked wife who lives there answer some retired foreigner he doesn't get alone with his neighbors ,,,  looked to me like a living hell ....

• Like 2
A_Simple_Man
30 minutes ago, Humboldt said:

kind of a oxymoron honest thieves

Perhaps, but I think many thefts are crimes of opportunity done by people who would be honest and friendly if not led into temptation.

What the eye don't see, the heart don't grieve so a wall that keeps honest people from getting tempted to walk off with my stuff is all I can expect.

• Like 2