Sign in to follow this  
Aerosick

30 Day Visa ~ Don't Ask, Don't Tell...

Aerosick

I left the USA alone from LAX with Asiana Airlines Wednesday March 7th. They saw my return ticket is April 23rd. They never asked if I had an extension or any exit ticket. They just told me my carry-on luggage was over weight and to rearrange stuff into my laptop bag.

Entered Seoul, Korea and no questions asked there either when I did my transfer.

I arrived @ Mactan, Cebu Friday March 9th about 3:00 am. The Immigrations Guard waived me over to the Balikbayan line which wasn't busy and stamped my passport:

Entry: March 9th and the exit as April 8th. They didn't ask me about my exit ticket either!

Being alone I was not offered a Balikbayan Stamp. I didn't want one with my trip to Thailand, just save it for maybe a trip back here this year.

I had my printed copy of our flight with Philippine Airlines to Thailand April 4th for a 5 day trip and I really wanted to show it to someone!!!

The Guard also waived me to the Balikbayan line to exit with my luggages. No x-ray, no hassle and my Asawa was just outside waiting for me!

So here I am for 45 more days!!!

Edited by Aerosick
  • Like 3

SkyMan
47 minutes ago, Aerosick said:

So here I am for 45 more days!!!

Was there some reason you didn't get the extension to 59days there at the airport?

• Like 1

Aerosick
22 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Was there some reason you didn't get the extension to 59days there at the airport?

Didn't need it with my trip to Thailand before my 30 days are up.

Edited by Aerosick
  • Like 1

Gus

I think if he went thru Balikbayan , he would have 12 months ..no need for extension ???

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Aerosick
21 hours ago, Gus said:

I think if he went thru Balikbayan , he would have 12 months ..no need for extension ???

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

My wife is already here, so no need of a Balikbayan Stamp.

A_Simple_Man
On 3/9/2018 at 7:16 AM, Aerosick said:

They saw my return ticket is April 23rd. They never asked if I had an extension or any exit ticket.

This makes no sense to me.  If "they" could see you had a return ticket for April 23 then it would be idiotic to ask for an exit ticket.

Ahhh, you are making the point that the return/exit ticket does not have to be within the original 30 days.  Yeah, good point.  Some Immigration officials will question a tourist about that but only the ones who are looking to stir shit up.  They know there is no legal requirement for the return ticket to be within 30 days.

• Like 1

Aerosick
4 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

This makes no sense to me.  If "they" could see you had a return ticket for April 23 then it would be idiotic to ask for an exit ticket.

It's been said that some Airlines are strict about this. This is my 1st time going w/o a return ticket within the 30 days.

• Like 1

Janneo
8 hours ago, Aerosick said:

It's been said that some Airlines are strict about this. This is my 1st time going w/o a return ticket within the 30 days.

Last time i was going back here from my home country i had a long argument with the check in-lady. I did have a onward ticket but dated 10 months later.

She was adamant that the ticket must be within 30 days. I argued that the number of days are irrelevant. Neither gave in ( I can be very stubborn when i think i am right).

When she refused to show me the actual rules i asked for her supervisor. The supervisor quickly produced the rules and read them... and looked confused.

She said the rules are written in such a way that she could not say who was right. She decided to go with "the customer is always right" and checked me in herself and wished me a nice flight.

When i left, the check-in lady looked severely pissed off. A pinay by the way.

• Like 1

Woolf
15 minutes ago, Janneo said:

Last time i was going back here from my home country i had a long argument with the check in-lady. I did have a onward ticket but dated 10 months later

What airline was that ?

Janneo
34 minutes ago, Woolf said:

What airline was that ?

Not sure now. Could have been Turkish airlines. 

I'll see if i still have any evidence laying around.

edit..

Bad memory.. it was Qatar Airways

Edited by Janneo

Woolf

49 minutes ago, Janneo said:

Bad memory.. it was Qatar Airways

Same airline I had problem with in Copenhagen

II had used them before and the let me board

Edited by Woolf