Sign in to follow this  
Voyager39

Housing Recon Trip Itinerary

Voyager39
Marpac portable rechargeable white noise machine, available in the Philippines:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOp_gDTJy7pflibQ8Xew8hzDbqjUcpB7nuk5Qs5n2E8YTTry_A&key=8753d7fa3dd7b4c054f57ed1afe4d7f9c6f5e5c1114fc87c7192f02cb2e03ce8
Thanks. I will be investigating all of these options. I was most interested in noise cancellation devices, made by Sono and Mizu. However, these appear to still be in a development stage, as I can't find thse products on sale anywhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Headshot
On 3/10/2018 at 12:36 PM, lamoe said:

Dog  and roosters are intermittent - not sure effective

... and karaokes too.

On 3/9/2018 at 9:28 AM, Voyager39 said:

This trip is for information gathering.

Good plan. How long are you planning to stay in the Philippines total for this trip? You should make it long enough that you can actually accomplish what you have set out as your goals. Don't worry about the onward ticket. As long as you have a return ticket on your ticketing, then you are just fine. If you are planning to stay six months or less, then it is doubtful that anybody will say anything to you. Even longer would likely be acceptible as long as you understand the tourist visa rules.

You should plan at least a week for each location you visit although a much longer stay may be adviseable in some areas since you simply can't see them in a week. Play it by ear on your moves. You should also remember that any travel day, whether by air, by ferry or by bus, is a throw-away day. You will be wasting your effort if you try to organize anything but the most basic orientation on the arrival day anywhere you go.

You asked us about having a guide. I would strongly recommend that you get a local guide for each place you go. If you are single, then using the online dating sites is a viable solution for finding girls who are willing to spend time with you in each area. Travel is a lot more comfortable and mor fruitful if you have somebody you can talk with in each location you go. One last thing. Avoid Manila and the Manila airport at all costs. You will have a much more enjoyable trip if you never set foot in Manila.

• Like 1

Ozbrum

Unless you are a real "loner" a lot will depend on who you meet.....   meet a girl from an island, chances are you are gonna see a lot of that island....  a partner can be a great asset here, apart from the normal things we expect of each other , they can be very helpful, knowledgeable and make life very easy for you,

Most other things are purely personal preferences.... Ocean or mountains.... country or city....rest is common sense really , don't matter how good a planner you are, you will need to wing it for a while, so much to learn, such a different culture , 

If you like a beer or two and some entertainment, city is the place.... in country areas you either drink alone and sing Karaoke or you're watching television !

Some really great places to see.... and travel whilst boring, can also be interesting if you like people watching

I have a couple of properties in Cebu if you get stuck for somewhere to stay..... pm me if needed

all the best....... you will enjoy i am sure

Al

• Like 2

RR3

The easy way is to get a woman ASAP. She will provide You w everything You need; house and lot, she even can travel to nearest ATM to get Your money. Her family will be happy to assist You in any of Your needs. Everything I say three times is true :cool:

• Confused 1

Cebuandrew

A ton of good advice here for you Voyager. I'm going to add something different. Weather. Like you, I'm from the northwest, and there is little humidity there. It is hot & humid here, with April and May being the worst. Plus, I have found some areas in the Phils much more humid than others. So, if you are spending time in Cebu City, take a day to check out Talamban (cooler temps). If you spend time in Dumaguete, take time to visit Valencia for the same reason.

A few posts here about nowhere being quiet. That is mostly true, but I found Guimaras Island to be pretty quiet, as half the island is large farmland plots and mango groves that are not full of roosters, dogs and videoke places. Best of luck on your trip!

• Like 1