Sign in to follow this  
Sea Route

Shipping a phone from China to Philippines

Sea Route

Hi!) I would like to ask for your advice - I want to buy a phone and send it my friend in Philippines. How is it better to send it and are there possible issues with PH customs?

I was told, that it's better to ship it by Singapore Airmail, because it allows to send batteries.

I guess, it is better to send it without original box? The phone itself will be inexpensive, around $40-50. 

Woolf

sounds that it could cost a bit to send

why not buy the phone at Lazada pay with your credit card and have it delivered??

Here is one brand, ok phones not too costly

https://www.lazada.com.ph/catalog/?spm=a2o4l.home.search.1.239e6ef0iaHtvR&q=firefly mobile&_keyori=ss&from=suggest_normal&sugg=firefly mobile_0_1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sea Route

Thank you for the link, it is better and more safe to order it in Philippines, indeed.

With the same price I can buy better quality phone in China (for example, I found Xiaomi, old model, for 40 USD, but all the troubles including installing Google Play Store, shipping, customs, are just too much.

Sea Route

And also my friend has Sun Cellular sim card, somehow 4G there is not available in older phones for Chinese market.

Woolf

sun 4G LTE    hmmm  I may be wrong but I think that is not working too well

you must be aware 4G in philippines is really 3G+

for it to be LTE it must be marked LTE

anyway  it depends location location location

• Thanks 1

bkkmarlowe

As others have mentioned, Lazada is the way to go. They have most of the leading brands of cell phones, at a range of prices to suit your budget. The prices they quote iincludes any customs duties... and in many cases shipping is free.

• Like 2

Goetz1965

I bought a SONY phone with Lazada from a seller in Hongkong - delivery was within 10 days and no problems at all.

• Like 2

Sea Route

Thank you, guys, I eventually bought a phone in Lazada, it should be delivered today or tomorrow.

Didn't know about possibility of buying from international sellers, it's a good option

Woolf
2 minutes ago, Sea Route said:

Thank you, guys, I eventually bought a phone in Lazada, it should be delivered today or tomorrow.

Didn't know about possibility of buying from international sellers, it's a good option

What did you buy   brand model ?

Sea Route
1 minute ago, Woolf said:

What did you buy   brand model ?

I bought a Cherry phone, not sure if it can be considered a brand :)

Out of the phones within my budget (up to 2700 pesos) it had the best reviews, so I went for it

• Like 1

Sea Route

It's a Cherry Mobile Flare J3 Lite, 2499 pesos. Basically my friend needs only Facebook and camera, so I really hope, that phone will be okay for that

Dafey

I have purchased several Cherry phones for relatives in that price range and am very pleased with them

• Like 1

Sea Route
3 minutes ago, Dafey said:

I have purchased several Cherry phones for relatives in that price range and am very pleased with them

Great! I was a bit worried about the quality...

Dafey

In my opinion they are a fine option. Usually they come with some free time or coupons for free time too

Woolf
5 minutes ago, Sea Route said:

It's a Cherry Mobile Flare J3 Lite, 2499 pesos. Basically my friend needs only Facebook and camera, so I really hope, that phone will be okay for that

Sound ok

has newest android

did not cost too much