Paying the nanny while on vacation

Davaoeno
2 hours ago, Travis said:

I took the girlfriend and the nanny on vacation recently. I paid for lodging in a nice resort, food fast boat etc. The island that we went to is the nannys home island.  she hasn't been able to visit there for 10 years so it was extra special for her.  when we get back to cebu my girlfriend wants me to pay the nanny a thousand pesos which i thought was it a little strange considering I spent a ton of money on rhe trip. 

Does this sound normal to you guys or this is sound like i got taken? 

It's not like it was a whole bunch of money but it's kind of the principle that hit me in the gut

Considering all the street smarts that you say you have and considering all your knowledge about women everywhere I do no understand why you started this thread asking for advice ???

I think Semper Paratus nailed it when he said you ask for advice but don't seem to listen to it.

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Travis

• Davaoeno

• Headshot

• oztony

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did she perform her duties during this trip ?  You and the girlfriend must have a real little tribe to require a nanny while on a trip..... The Philippines is one of those places that the mo

I would agree, and it isn't about the yaya either. It is about your GF sucking money out of you ... regardless of the amount. It denotes a lack of principles. You were very generous when you agreed to

Dump the gf and start dating the ya-ya. Teach the b***h a lesson in life.

40 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Considering all the street smarts that you say you have and considering all your knowledge about women everywhere I do no understand why you started this thread asking for advice ???

I think Semper Paratus nailed it when he said you ask for advice but don't seem to listen to it.

Read my previous post before you comment. I stated why i decided to post, Not begging for advice. 

• Like 1
Enuff

I nipped the tag a long friend rather early.

Every time you bring a friend, I bring a friend and my friends are dancers at lone star.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ur gf has a Nanny so i guess ur gf has a job and her nanny helps ur gf with her kid when ur gf is working?

So since ur gf has a job so she has than an income then why does the 1000 pesos need to come out of ur pocket ?

especially since u paid all expensives already.

• Like 1

Tag along friends frequently turn out to be partners, many girls are lesbian, I have a couple in-laws that do it this way, signs would be Facebook photos of the girl friend with other girls, I've had to explain this to a couple expats but they don't get it tell it's too late.

lamoe
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

I didn't take it as he was asking advice - rather wanted to know what the custom was - sort of like the man who is dating a single mom in US and pays for babysitter - part of the date cost?

I asked Tata about this and she said Huh? Why? No, it is not the custom here

Example: First arrived agreed to pay transportation to get date to me - ALWAYS by taxi - KMA - I asked Tata to meet me at Seaside - 250P taxi - she refused to accept my paying  - hell I'd had several say 500 P from Lahug

Her sister asks us to buy things here because more available here than there - she keeps list and amount to make sure we get paid back

Point is - not the custom - especially since you pooped for a paid vacation for Yaya and her kid.

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

What kind of transportation did you provide? Are we talking about a couple of bus tickets or round trip airfare for her and her child.

In fact, what was the total you spent just on the yaya and her child...

Salty it was fast boat. Very nice resort hotel, all food drinks for ya yaya and yayas kid.  Tours, a trip to yayas family house on the island plus I 000 php. Total ammount? I am not sure.  . But it isnt about ammount. It is principal

• Thanks 1
Soarking

Dump the gf and start dating the ya-ya.

Teach the b***h a lesson in life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

The ya ya needs to be paid her monthly salary if she was invited to come along and she preformed her duties. The question is who should pay? IfDo you normally pay the yaya?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
to_dave007
10 hours ago, Travis said:

I took the girlfriend and the nanny on vacation recently. I paid for lodging in a nice resort, food fast boat etc. The island that we went to is the nannys home island.  she hasn't been able to visit there for 10 years so it was extra special for her.  when we get back to cebu my girlfriend wants me to pay the nanny a thousand pesos which i thought was it a little strange considering I spent a ton of money on rhe trip. 

Does this sound normal to you guys or this is sound like i got taken? 

It's not like it was a whole bunch of money but it's kind of the principle that hit me in the gut

Did the nanny work, or was she on vacation like you?

Did she have freedom to go where she wanted, when she wanted, with whoever she wanted, or was she doing what she was hired to do?

If she was working..  and I assume she WAS working so that you and g/f could play..   then she should get paid.  Being on the same island as her family doesn't compensate her for her work, unless of course she was free to go visit them freely while you were there. 

If you didn't want hassles of a child, you could have avoided the issue by simply not bringing your g/f kid along..  and paying the nanny extra to stay home and take care of the kid for 24 hours a day... But that would have caused other problems wouldn't it.

What would I have done?  I don't like extra people tagging along.  Would have been me, and g/f, and her kid only.  And if g/f can't handle her kid without a nanny, I'd run like hell for the exit.  And if it's ME who can't handle being with her and her kid alone on vacation, I'd also run for the exit.  Being without nanny on a trip would have been a great opportunity to see how well you manage with g/f and her kid alone.

I do agree with others here..  why was this not discussed?  why was it a surprise?  And shouldn't the g/f pay her own nanny?  How did she manage before you came along?

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
to_dave007
9 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

Compared to some I have run into here you got off light at only 1 million. Hopefully I do not hear another one of those stories.

Ok..  I won't tell you the story..  not about me but about a Canadian buddy.  You are right that 1 million is a light "cost of learning".  My buddies "cost of learning" was 20 x that, and climbing more slowly now that he's in court.  Total F**KUP.

Having said that..  Travis is right to address this issue head on..  even though the amount he questions is only 1000 peso.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 2
Jim Sibbick
10 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Treading on very thin ice? Sorry Bill but I don't buy into that paranoid point of view at all.

Sorry but I do.

When I travel with my girlfriend and her son, he is NEVER allowed to be left alone with me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Jim Sibbick

What is not clear to me in all this discussion is if the nanny was already paid in the normal way and this was some sort of bonus.