Paying the nanny while on vacation

Davaoeno

OK - so not only is the yaya getting her salary but you are taking her on vacation with paid accomodations plus meals and also paying for her own daughter - and now your gf wants to pay her monies over and above her salary  ??? If it was me the appropriate answer would be GOOD LUCK BABY !!!!!

Travis your instincts are exactly correct !

btw- i dont want to insult your gf but it is possible that the extra 1000 is not for the yaya !

• Like 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Travis

• Davaoeno

• Headshot

• oztony

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did she perform her duties during this trip ?  You and the girlfriend must have a real little tribe to require a nanny while on a trip..... The Philippines is one of those places that the mo

I would agree, and it isn't about the yaya either. It is about your GF sucking money out of you ... regardless of the amount. It denotes a lack of principles. You were very generous when you agreed to

Dump the gf and start dating the ya-ya. Teach the b***h a lesson in life.

• Administrator
Dafey
36 minutes ago, Travis said:

There were two kids. The yaya has one and the gf has one as well. 

So the nanny's kid was on the trip too?Well, at least you have 10 months to save up for the Nanny's 13th month pay....

• Haha 1
oztony
3 minutes ago, Travis said:

I will have to talk to hernabout this. We are going to continue to date so i need to nip it in the bud. 

It isnt the 1000 pp it is the principal of it all. 

I think that she really cares for the yaya and feels good having her on a trip and also feels good that she got her 1000. But principal

I'd be telling the GF to cough up the 1k ....this is not starting well ,

If you let other people plan events and traveling guests with your money ....and pay them also while they are on holiday....you are gonna run out of dough in the Phils pretty quick ....

Is this nanny a cousin ? or a best friend or something like that .....that is just getting included for a free ride while your wallet is on the table.....

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

OK - so not only is the yaya getting her salary but you are taking her on vacation with paid accomodations plus meals and also paying for her own daughter - and now your gf wants to pay her monies over and above her salary  ??? If it was me the appropriate answer would be GOOD LUCK BABY !!!!!

Travis your instincts are exactly correct !

btw- i dont want to insult your gf but it is possible that the extra 1000 is not for the yaya !

I thought about that also. Maybe the girlfriend and the yaya split the money? 

Tomorrow i will have a conversation with her about this. 

Davaoeno
24 minutes ago, Travis said:

also feels good that she got her 1000. But principal

my girlfriend wants me to pay the nanny a thousand pesos 

Im confused- according to this the yaya already got HER 1000- and now your gf want you to pay her 1000. So thats actually 2000. 

If you guys decide to hire more people i am available ! salary plus paid vacations plus extra pay for going on vacation with her kid - wow - your gf must think she won the lotto !! 

• Haha 4
11 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

my girlfriend wants me to pay the nanny a thousand pesos 

Im confused- according to this the yaya already got HER 1000- and now your gf want you to pay her 1000. So thats actually 2000. 

If you guys decide to hire more people i am available ! salary plus paid vacations plus extra pay for going on vacation with her kid - wow - your gf must think she won the lotto !! 

Only 1000 total

Jack Rat
53 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I take it that you paid for everybody's transport, lodging and food already. Why would you pay anything else? You should consider this a red flag.

And there is one born every minute!!!

• Like 1
Davaoeno
1 minute ago, Jack Rat said:

And there is one born every minute!!!

To be fair the guy just arrived here and is still learning the ropes in a different culture.

But it seems his schooling has begun !! Lol  If I had only lost a 1000 here and there I would be jumping for joy. My education cost me more than a million! Hehe

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
Semper paratus

Find an orphan with no kids for a girlfriend is the best advice I can give you. And I am dead serious !  You do not seem to listen well to the advice you are given on this forum, so I ask myself, why does he ask ? I tend to be blunt and to the point so take it for what it is worth Travis. I am speaking from experience  as I am sure a lot of the others here are also. Think about what you are doing real carefully. Good luck. By the way, luck is being prepared when opportunity knocks. Do you hear the knocking ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Semper paratus
5 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

To be fair the guy just arrived here and is still learning the ropes in a different culture.

But it seems his schooling has begun !! Lol  If I had only lost a 1000 here and there I would be jumping for joy. My education cost me more than a million! Hehe

Compared to some I have run into here you got off light at only 1 million. Hopefully I do not hear another one of those stories. I have learned the hard way also, not quite as much, but I have learned some things not to do/pay for here. Had I known about forums like this previously there is a good chance I wouldn't even be here.  I have a great wife by the way, no kids for her, none for me, but the family ? Well that's another story. It's always something. Worse than owning a boat, or a horse that needs its teeth floated. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Semper paratus said:

Find an orphan with no kids for a girlfriend is the best advice I can give you. And I am dead serious !  You do not seem to listen well to the advice you are given on this forum, so I ask myself, why does he ask ? I tend to be blunt and to the point so take it for what it is worth Travis. I am speaking from experience  as I am sure a lot of the others here are also. Think about what you are doing real carefully. Good luck. By the way, luck is being prepared when opportunity knocks. Do you hear the knocking ?

Lol....... I understand what you are saying and i respect it but you are wrong. You might say that i am from the street and the street can teach you a pretty tough lesson very fast and very harshly.  I dont post this post because i am blind to the ways of a street con. I post this because i like to hear other thoughts and feelings. 

Before i left the US I loaned a gal 2500 pp (50.00 us). I have known her in the US for a few years. I may never see the money again. Oh well.... it is her one chance. 50 wont hurt me. Life goes on.

I understand that i paid $ 20.00 to the ya ya when  i didnt need to. It is ok. I will survive.  I am a fighter in all aspects of the word. 

oztony

Well we certainly get to see it all here as the years go by ...some people listen ...some pretend to listen and some just have to learn the hard way ...that's just the way it is...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Richard K
1 hour ago, Travis said:

We are going to continue to date so i need to nip it in the bud. 

yup... you can always loosen up later...it is difficult to "go back" though

• Like 1
Just now, Richard K said:

yup... you can always loosen up later...it is difficult to "go back" though

True Richard.  And it isnt a FILIPINA thing like so many think. There are women from so many countries that try this shit. 

• Like 2
Jawny

It’s quite common for a Filipina to have someone join them in such an activity. I know that when we host an event, and expect that twenty people will come, often that number is doubled as the guests invite a cousin, sister, friend etc.  Not exactly freeloading, but just a social concept that leads to more guests than expected.

Since you’ve asked, I expect you’re prepared to get a variety of opinions as to what your response should be.  Not sure I would go so far as to suggest only dating orphans or such.  However, it doesn’t surprise me that a woman you refer to as a girlfriend is going to want to have company in the early days of the relationship.  

I do believe you need to make it clear that any future "vacations" may include an accompanying friend, yaya or such, but no wages are to be included.  Having the yaya may be a real benefit if the girlfriend has a child she wants to accompany her.

I do hope you’ll share the result of any discussion you have with your girlfriend.  Not for LinC members to pry into your personal life.  Rather for you to get advice if the new girlfriend is behaving in a way that suggests she is a gold digger.  

I would suggest you avoid converting the amounts to a currency you are familiar with.  What I mean is that as it is only $50, it is not seen that way of it is a scam.  

I have had many instances in the past where I provided monies to individuals which for me was small, but for them, it obviously was too much to pay back.  

Dont pay the wages of a yaya is my advice  

Edited by Jawny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1