Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Paying the nanny while on vacation

Travis

I took the girlfriend and the nanny on vacation recently. I paid for lodging in a nice resort, food fast boat etc. The island that we went to is the nannys home island.  she hasn't been able to visit there for 10 years so it was extra special for her.  when we get back to cebu my girlfriend wants me to pay the nanny a thousand pesos which i thought was it a little strange considering I spent a ton of money on rhe trip. 

Does this sound normal to you guys or this is sound like i got taken? 

It's not like it was a whole bunch of money but it's kind of the principle that hit me in the gut

• Haha 1

Headshot

Why isn't your GF paying her own nanny? Unless you marry her, the nanny isn't your responsibility. And why would you take a nanny along when there is no mention of a child? If there is a child, and you took her along, then you are treading on very thin ice, since you are not related in any way to the child.

• Like 1

Davaoeno
5 minutes ago, Travis said:

I took the girlfriend and the nanny on vacation recently. I paid for lodging in a nice resort, food fast boat etc. The island that we went to is the nannys home island.  she hasn't been able to visit there for 10 years so it was extra special for her.  when we get back to cebu my girlfriend wants me to pay the nanny a thousand pesos which i thought was it a little strange considering I spent a ton of money on rhe trip. 

Does this sound normal to you guys or this is sound like i got taken? 

It's not like it was a whole bunch of money but it's kind of the principle that hit me in the gut

Paying her extra money sounds very strange. Not asking your gf why the money request sounds even stranger.

This is your gf and you don't discuss things like this?

• Like 3

Davaoeno

Treading on very thin ice? Sorry Bill but I don't buy into that paranoid point of view at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ozepete

Of coarse you should pay her. Surely just cos she had a good time it is no excuse to not pay her.

Always in cases like this do a role reversal, you walk in her shoes, would you not expect to be paid?  :cool:

• Thanks 1

Travis

There were two kids. The yaya has one and the gf has one as well. 

• Haha 1

Headshot
3 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Treading on very thin ice? Sorry Bill but I don't buy into that paranoid point of view at all.

Well, it is one more thing to think about in the Philippines. My main point (which you seemed to miss completely) was, "Why should he pay his GF's nanny anything?" Doesn't his GF already pay the nanny? It sounds like he is learning about the Philippines and Filipinas (or at least this Filipina) the hard way.

• Like 6

Headshot
1 minute ago, Travis said:

There were two kids. The yaya has one and the gf has one as well. 

I take it that you paid for everybody's transport, lodging and food already. Why would you pay anything else? You should consider this a red flag.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Travis

I will have to talk to hernabout this. We are going to continue to date so i need to nip it in the bud. 

It isnt the 1000 pp it is the principal of it all. 

I think that she really cares for the yaya and feels good having her on a trip and also feels good that she got her 1000. But principal

Alfred E. Neuman

You buy them load also?

• Haha 1

Travis
3 minutes ago, Alfred E. Neuman said:

You buy them load also?

No

Davaoeno
19 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

Of coarse you should pay her. Surely just cos she had a good time it is no excuse to not pay her.

Always in cases like this do a role reversal, you walk in her shoes, would you not expect to be paid?  :cool:

I assumed the yaya was a paid employee - and that she got her salary while on vacation ?? Information seems hard to come by here lol

Travis

The yaya was a paid employee . The girlfriend asked if we could bring her so she could see her home island. I didnt ask for the yaya the girlfriend did

Alfred E. Neuman

The yaya has to be paid, by the gf.