Jump to content

Paying the nanny while on vacation


Recommended Posts

I took the girlfriend and the nanny on vacation recently. I paid for lodging in a nice resort, food fast boat etc. The island that we went to is the nannys home island.  she hasn't been able to visit there for 10 years so it was extra special for her.  when we get back to cebu my girlfriend wants me to pay the nanny a thousand pesos which i thought was it a little strange considering I spent a ton of money on rhe trip. 

Does this sound normal to you guys or this is sound like i got taken? 

It's not like it was a whole bunch of money but it's kind of the principle that hit me in the gut

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Travis

    11

  • Davaoeno

    8

  • Headshot

    5

  • oztony

    3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did she perform her duties during this trip ?  You and the girlfriend must have a real little tribe to require a nanny while on a trip..... The Philippines is one of those places that the mo

I would agree, and it isn't about the yaya either. It is about your GF sucking money out of you ... regardless of the amount. It denotes a lack of principles. You were very generous when you agreed to

Dump the gf and start dating the ya-ya. Teach the b***h a lesson in life.

Headshot

Why isn't your GF paying her own nanny? Unless you marry her, the nanny isn't your responsibility. And why would you take a nanny along when there is no mention of a child? If there is a child, and you took her along, then you are treading on very thin ice, since you are not related in any way to the child.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
5 minutes ago, Travis said:

I took the girlfriend and the nanny on vacation recently. I paid for lodging in a nice resort, food fast boat etc. The island that we went to is the nannys home island.  she hasn't been able to visit there for 10 years so it was extra special for her.  when we get back to cebu my girlfriend wants me to pay the nanny a thousand pesos which i thought was it a little strange considering I spent a ton of money on rhe trip. 

Does this sound normal to you guys or this is sound like i got taken? 

It's not like it was a whole bunch of money but it's kind of the principle that hit me in the gut

Paying her extra money sounds very strange. Not asking your gf why the money request sounds even stranger.

This is your gf and you don't discuss things like this?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno

Treading on very thin ice? Sorry Bill but I don't buy into that paranoid point of view at all.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozepete

Of coarse you should pay her. Surely just cos she had a good time it is no excuse to not pay her.

Always in cases like this do a role reversal, you walk in her shoes, would you not expect to be paid?  :cool:

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There were two kids. The yaya has one and the gf has one as well. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
3 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Treading on very thin ice? Sorry Bill but I don't buy into that paranoid point of view at all.

Well, it is one more thing to think about in the Philippines. My main point (which you seemed to miss completely) was, "Why should he pay his GF's nanny anything?" Doesn't his GF already pay the nanny? It sounds like he is learning about the Philippines and Filipinas (or at least this Filipina) the hard way.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
1 minute ago, Travis said:

There were two kids. The yaya has one and the gf has one as well. 

I take it that you paid for everybody's transport, lodging and food already. Why would you pay anything else? You should consider this a red flag.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will have to talk to hernabout this. We are going to continue to date so i need to nip it in the bud. 

It isnt the 1000 pp it is the principal of it all. 

I think that she really cares for the yaya and feels good having her on a trip and also feels good that she got her 1000. But principal

Link to post
Share on other sites
Alfred E. Neuman

You buy them load also?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alfred E. Neuman said:

You buy them load also?

No

Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
19 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

Of coarse you should pay her. Surely just cos she had a good time it is no excuse to not pay her.

Always in cases like this do a role reversal, you walk in her shoes, would you not expect to be paid?  :cool:

I assumed the yaya was a paid employee - and that she got her salary while on vacation ?? Information seems hard to come by here lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

The yaya was a paid employee . The girlfriend asked if we could bring her so she could see her home island. I didnt ask for the yaya the girlfriend did

Link to post
Share on other sites
Alfred E. Neuman

The yaya has to be paid, by the gf. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..