Sign in to follow this  
RogerDat

Russian Mercenaries in Syria Lament U.S. Strike That Killed Dozens

RogerDat

http://www.newsweek.com/total-f-russian-mercenaries-syria-lament-us-strike-killed-dozens-818073

Recordings have emerged in which Russian mercenaries subjected to a joint U.S. strike that killed dozens of their comrades describe the incident as “a total feck-up.”

Polygraph.info, a Voice of America project, published three recordings, which it received from a source close to the Kremlin. The source said that the recorded phone calls were made by personnel from CHVK Wagner, a Russian private military company. 

The incident in question occurred on the night and early morning of Feb. 7-8, when Syrian government forces—backed by Russian mercenaries employed by CHVK Wagner—attempted to capture an oil refinery near the Syrian city of Deir Ezzor. After Russian personnel came into contact with American troops stationed there, the U.S. forces responded with artillery and air strikes.

Polygraph.info transcribed and translated the conversations recorded.

In the first audio clip, a man says “one squadron fecking lost 200 people …right away, another one lost 10 people… and I don’t know about the third squadron but it got torn up pretty badly, too... So three squadrons took a beating.”

The man explains that American forces used artillery and helicopter gunships to repel the assault. “They were all shelling the holy feck out of it and our guys didn’t have anything besides the assault rifles… nothing at all, I'm not even talking about shoulder-fired SAMs or anything like that… they tore us to pieces, put us through hell,” he says.

The speaker is also critical of the Russian government’s response to the incident, saying, “They beat our asses like we were little pieces of shit... but our fecking government will go in reverse now and nobody will respond or anything and nobody will punish anyone for this.”

"My guys just called me, they are sitting there drinking, many are MIA, it's a total feck-up, another humiliation... nobody gives a feck about us." 

In a second clip, a man explains that the battle quickly descended into a massacre as the Russians lost all armored support. “Out of all vehicles only one tank survived and one BRDM (Armored Reconnaissance Vehicle) after the attack, all other BRDMs and tanks were destroyed in the first minutes of the fight, right away.”

In the third clip, a man can be heard explaining the Russian convoy was a few hundred meters away from target when the American forces raised their flag and hit the Russians with a heavy artillery barrage, wiping out the first column instantly. “We got our fecking asses beat rough, the Yankees made their point," he said. "What were they hoping for, that the Yankees are just going to feck off?... It's bullshit, some people can't even be fecking ID'ed , too many people there."  

In another of the clips, a man claims “there are about 215 fecking killed” on the Russian side.

It has been reported that up to 300 Russians may have died in the strikes. The Kremlin initially denied all reports of Russians being involved in the incident. However, in recent days, Russia’s foreign ministry has acknowledged that “several dozen” Russians were killed or wounded.

A foreign ministry report said, “Russian service members did not take part in any capacity and Russian military equipment was not used.” It said those involved were “Russian citizens” who were in Syria “of their own free will and for different reasons.”

• Haha 1

shadow
22 minutes ago, RogerDat said:

At first reading, it looks as if it was the Russian citizens who f***ed up, by attacking an oil refinery that the Americans were protecting.

How stupid is that?

• Like 5

RogerDat

Apparently they do not watch CNN, so had no idea what they were getting into.

lamoe

Maybe recent ROI modifications lead to their confusion?

Headshot

Mercenaries and non-conventional forces are NOT covered by the Geneva Conventions. Anybody who decides to go to a war zone without belonging to a military force (in uniform) should expect to get his ass zapped. Like Shadow said, if they attacked American military forces occupying a position, then they got exactly what the deserved. They were the ones who fecked up.

• Like 2

Davaoeno

Wow! You make it sound so simple. Of course in such situations everyone has complete information and errors never happen! 

People with assault rifles often attack positions defended with heavy artillery don't they !

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Haha 1

Headshot
16 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

People with assault rifles often attack positions defended with heavy artillery don't they !

Yeah, that was pretty stupid of them, wasn't it?

oztony
15 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Wow! You make it sound so simple. Of course in such situations everyone has complete information and errors never happen! 

The Russian mercenaries and Syrian army obviously did not do any surveillance or gather any intelligence on the facility and got their dumb asses killed and beaten because of the defenses that were in place , they attacked a position that had an American flag in place ...sympathy level of zero from where I am sitting ....it really is quite simple ....they are (dead)dumbasses......

• Like 5

lamoe
58 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

It is simple, probable cause , "request free to fire", granted , kill as many as you can

The yanks should wait until fired upon as under the old ROIs?

Davaoeno
52 minutes ago, oztony said:

The Russian mercenaries and Syrian army obviously did not do any surveillance or gather any intelligence on the facility and got their dumb asses killed and beaten because of the defenses that were in place , they attacked a position that had an American flag in place ...sympathy level of zero from where I am sitting ....it really is quite simple ....they are (dead)dumbasses......

I agree 100% ! They obviously did not do their homework.

My point ( perhaps poorly made!) was that there was much more at play than guys without uniforms should expect to get their ass zapped in a war zone. 

We have nowhere near enough info to make that assessment . Does it actually say they had no uniforms? Does it say that maybe what happened was because of bad Intel?  Was the artillery friendly fire? Who called in the air strike?

As I said the truth might not be as simple as Bill portrayed it to be.

As to attacking a position with an American flag the article states quite plainly that the American did not raise their flag until they started their attack 

Edited by Davaoeno

Jester

Screw ups in war zones are very common, in Nam we had 2 USMC rifle company's assaulting  each other among many other things, including accidentally landing and engaging a enemy unit in Cambodia.  Opp's!

Then we get to how many of these things are done because of false info supplied, someone wants to make whoever's military look bad?  

Hey Juan we do not have enough money to pay the mercenary's,  Hmmm ok have them attack that American unit. Hello American unit, you have a heavily armed rebel unit going to attack you at 7 am from the south,  never mind who this is just get ready or suffer the consequences. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Headshot
3 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Meme 53.jpg

• Haha 5

lamoe
12 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

I agree 100% ! They obviously did not do their homework.

My point ( perhaps poorly made!) was that there was much more at play than guys without uniforms should expect to get their ass zapped in a war zone. 

We have nowhere near enough info to make that assessment . Does it actually say they had no uniforms? Does it say that maybe what happened was because of bad Intel?  Was the artillery friendly fire? Who called in the air strike?

As to attacking a position with an American flag the article states quite plainly that the American did not raise their flag until they started their attack 

The term that most likely applies is "fog of war"

As for the flag - "ambush?" see blow about not wanting to pay

9 hours ago, Jester said:

Hey Juan we do not have enough money to pay the mercenary's,  Hmmm ok have them attack that American unit. Hello American unit, you have a heavily armed rebel unit going to attack you at 7 am from the south,  never mind who this is just get ready or suffer the consequences. 

• Like 1

Mandingo

Boo F'n hoo..........

Kabisay-an gid

Hmmmm...200+ dead Russians and Syrians. Is there a downside here?

• Haha 1