Sign in to follow this  
Soupeod

Net Etiquette

Soupeod

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etiquette_in_technology#Netiquette

"When someone makes a mistake – whether it's a spelling error or a spelling flame, a stupid question or an unnecessarily long answer – be kind about it. If it's a minor error, you may not need to say anything. Even if you feel strongly about it, think twice before reacting. Having good manners yourself doesn't give you license to correct everyone else. If you do decide to inform someone of a mistake, point it out politely, and preferably by private email rather than in public. Give people the benefit of the doubt; assume they just don't know any better. And never be arrogant or self-righteous about it. Just as it's a law of nature that spelling flames always contain spelling errors, notes pointing out Netiquette violations are often examples of poor Netiquette."[11]

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Davaoeno
22 minutes ago, soupeod said:

it's a law of nature that spelling flames always contain spelling errors

well we certainly wouldn't want to break any laws of nature !!   Pompous poppycock  I tell you - pompous poppycock  !! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Mr. Mike

I took that quote as being sarcastic.

No wait...I get it.

Edited by Mr. Mike
  • Like 2

jtmwatchbiz
6 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

pompous poppycock 

tell me about it.   the title to this thread is a typical example of how pompous people pretentiously throw around fancy words to distinguish themselves as some kind of intellectual.   i had to google "net".       

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

SkyMan

BS  Berate them like the dog they are.  How dare they miss spell a word.

• Haha 1

Jawny

We can still understand misspelt words. (Incidentally, the correct spelling of “misspelt” is “misspelt”, and while, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, “misspelt” and “misspelled” are both acceptable, “misspelt” is more usual in British English and “misspelled” in American English.

btt, defunitly not miss "spelled"

Wasn’t Miss Spelled the first runner up in the latest world beauty pageant?

lamoe
21 minutes ago, Jawny said:

We can still understand misspelt words. (Incidentally, the correct spelling of “misspelt” is “misspelt”, and while, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, “misspelt” and “misspelled” are both acceptable, “misspelt” is more usual in British English and “misspelled” in American English.

btt, defunitly not miss "spelled"

Wasn’t Miss Spelled the first runner up in the latest world beauty pageant?

http://www.tysto.com/uk-us-spelling-list.html

bounder

Oh man!  What has happened to this forum.  First, it's no controversy, then it's "let's all be fluffy in our comments", and now we have netiquette?  

Pretentious fools that we are....

Davaoeno
1 minute ago, bounder said:

Pretentious fools that we are....

Excuse me but please do NOT use such judgmental phrases !!    [ " Oh Dear " is still however allowed  ]

Just try to think of yourself as a Canadian when you post - you know, like me, mellow, kind, sensitive, never an unkind word to say to anyone !! eh ?

• Haha 2

lamoe
8 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Excuse me but please do NOT use such judgmental phrases !!    [ " Oh Dear " is still however allowed  ]

Just try to think of yourself as a Canadian when you post - you know, like me, mellow, kind, sensitive, never an unkind word to say to anyone !! eh ?

"you know, like me?"

Every rule requires an exception to be proven?

Is it permissible to truncate a fragmented sentence?

That was a serious question.

Edited by lamoe

jtmwatchbiz
46 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Is it permissible to truncate a fragmented sentence?

again with the fancy words.  

• Haha 1

Davaoeno
45 minutes ago, lamoe said:

That was a serious question.

Well I'm Googling just as fast as my fat little gay Korean fingers can go but that's a pretty deep question so I expect there will be an extensive period of research required before I can answer your " serious question"  .   Please don't adjust this channel - revelations are expected momentarily !! 

• Like 1

Dafey
10 hours ago, soupeod said:

never be arrogant or self-righteous

Well that leaves out 80% of the Members...

I mean really, who cares if don't know how to spell...that's what Smell Checker is for

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A_Simple_Man

I googled that "etiquette" word and Dr Google says it is a synonym for "deportment".

Does that mean we is gonna get deported if'n our spellin and gramma ain't good?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jawny

There is something fascinating about the poor spelling and grammar used on LinC.  The ones who wrote the best tend to be the ones I ignore the most.  .....or is it "write the best"?

Even world leaders make mistakes.