Soupeod

Motorcycling in the Philippines

rizla
1 hour ago, lolhahaha said:

The bike shop down the road was selling a several year old Rouser 150 for 55k this morning. The seat was mostly dust with half the foam chewed out, some of the plastic around the front and sides was cracked up. Looked really bad. They told me that it was still in good condition. I didn't even ask how many ks on it.

The new 160 in the same shop sells for 85k. And that one is FI with tubeless tires looked definitely worth the price.

They were also selling a xrm125 that was apparently"new" since nobody had ever bought it so they wanted 68k for it but since they roll it out into the sun every morning it was obvious that this thing was pretty old. The seat wasn't red anymore. It had turned a bleached out light pink color it had sat in the sun so long. Youd think that they would learn to cover the seats or something but apparently that is expecting too much.

Strikes me that the way Asians sell is very different to western ways, same in China, OLX is an example, they put up either one picture that tells nothing or several that still miss out the important details, you can always spot a Foreigners advert as that tells all the info required lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Dafey
4 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

The seat was mostly dust with half the foam chewed out, some of the plastic around the front and sides was cracked up. Looked really bad. They told me that it was still in good condition. I didn't even ask how many ks on it.

If I see that I know right off it wasn't taken care of...probably not worth half that price. On the other hand the Honda could be a deal if you can talk them down a little. Those seats can be recovered cheap and they work on them all over. Only thing with a bike like that is if the gas is old and gums up the carb

• Like 1

lolhahaha

Well the xrm125 is fuel injected but yeah that thing would be a deal at 60k, for somebody, but I doubt that a "rich foreigner" like myself would get the discount and in reality I'd rather buy a bike from one of the dealers like the honda dealer here that parks their new bikes inside and they don't get banged up or faded from the heat.

The only problem is that they don't have any xr150s right now, nobody does around here right now.

• Like 1

Davaoeno
35 minutes ago, lolhahaha said:

Well the xrm125 is fuel injected but yeah that thing would be a deal at 60k, for somebody, but I doubt that a "rich foreigner" like myself would get the discount and in reality I'd rather buy a bike from one of the dealers like the honda dealer here that parks their new bikes inside and they don't get banged up or faded from the heat.

The only problem is that they don't have any xr150s right now, nobody does around here right now.

Dont sell yourself short. I often negotiate better deals than my wife! Many times people have begged my wife ( in Visayan) for her to convince me to pay more!  Lol

( sometimes if I feel guilty about how low I got them to go I will add on 

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dafey
10 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

sometimes if I feel guilty about how low I got them to go I will add on 

Hope you're proud of yourself....(I would be) ;)

RR3
On 4/17/2018 at 12:39 PM, GBT62 said:

I was looking at a local custom shop that does bobbers and cafe style using some of the local 125-175's - for a Sunday toy once I move out of the city - but hell that Rusi might be a decent option. Price is about the same and comes with a 13 month warranty and roadside assist.

For the amount I ride the Chinese quality shouldn't be a real issue.....  

What is Your size? This rusi is perfect for a small guy like in vid. But it has quite a small frame. I sit on one, feels small...

RR3
On 4/18/2018 at 10:57 AM, rizla said:

This is my Rusi, can't say I'm impressed, the vibration makes it uncomfortable for more than 30 min travel, and not being able to fit a Top Box makes carrying shopping etc a pain, too small for two people to ride in comfort. I will be selling it when back in Argao and get something bigger. Having said that, the bike works well, considering it is left for over six months, just need to recharge the battery and flush the carb and she fires up with no problem.

5ad6b3ff86ad4_bike1(10).thumb.JPG.2ef7f9abc99ea638d73a7f269f53bb81.JPG

Honda Monkey from 60's?

And Honda still doing:

• Like 2

Dafey

• Haha 2

Dafey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Soupeod

I love those Triumphs!

• Like 1

lolhahaha

Well after looking for a Honda xr150 for a couple weeks and nobody had one in stock, this Monday 3 different shops within 2kms got one. 2 of them red/black/white and one black. 

Best price 87500 for the black one but I ended up getting the red one for 87900 cash from the shop across the road from our dirt road because they have a decent looking repair shop and better warranty and it looks like they take bikes right in and work on them immediately instead of leaving you standing around waiting.

I was trying to decide between the xrm125 and the xr150 but since my wife doesn't want her family using it when we are out of the country and the fact that the xrm125 is really too small for me I got the 150.

The salesman in one of the stores was trying to convince me that the Rouser 160 is good for offroading too but with all that shiny hard plastic and narrow street front tire I couldn't see myself driving fast off road on that thing being worried about damaging it. But it definitely looks like a better bike and is fuel injected unlike the xr150. 

I went out for about 25kms yesterday and I think this bike is perfect for riding around here and I'll be trying to find roads through the mountains or trails if there are no roads. Just gotta watch out for the chickens and ducks. I almost took out a confused baby chicken on my first ride.

They gave me a free helmet also but it went into the car, it'll be my wife's helmet. It's really too small. I'll have to find one but around here nobody is ever wearing a helmet and I believe that I'll get about 95% fewer "hey joe's" wearing one.

• Like 3

Dafey

Good choice...enjoy and report on some of your rides!

2 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

I believe that I'll get about 95% fewer "hey joe's" wearing one

Don't count on it....they can smell us coming...

• Like 3

shadow
2 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

Well after looking for a Honda xr150 for a couple weeks and nobody had one in stock, this Monday 3 different shops within 2kms got one. 2 of them red/black/white and one black. 

Best price 87500 for the black one but I ended up getting the red one for 87900 cash from the shop across the road from our dirt road because they have a decent looking repair shop and better warranty and it looks like they take bikes right in and work on them immediately instead of leaving you standing around waiting.

I was trying to decide between the xrm125 and the xr150 but since my wife doesn't want her family using it when we are out of the country and the fact that the xrm125 is really too small for me I got the 150.

The salesman in one of the stores was trying to convince me that the Rouser 160 is good for offroading too but with all that shiny hard plastic and narrow street front tire I couldn't see myself driving fast off road on that thing being worried about damaging it. But it definitely looks like a better bike and is fuel injected unlike the xr150. 

I went out for about 25kms yesterday and I think this bike is perfect for riding around here and I'll be trying to find roads through the mountains or trails if there are no roads. Just gotta watch out for the chickens and ducks. I almost took out a confused baby chicken on my first ride.

They gave me a free helmet also but it went into the car, it'll be my wife's helmet. It's really too small. I'll have to find one but around here nobody is ever wearing a helmet and I believe that I'll get about 95% fewer "hey joe's" wearing one.

Probably one of the best options going right now. Good choice. Everybody I have talked to that has one, loves it.

• Like 2

Oz Jon

Lat time I rode a bike was 1960! - but ....

The dealer's price tag on a bike (back around page 3 or 4) had me intrigued.

Here it is, together with my calculation of the outrageous interest rate being charged!

Total HP cost 36*3,464 * 12,400 = P137,204!  ......  ie 58%  interest extra!

The result of being charged 38% pa interest for 3 years!

Unbelievable! ... guaranteed to keep the poor, poor!

Buyme.JPG.d39bc61eed7251a195d25bfd9f2d0c0b.JPG

HPripoff.JPG

• Like 1

Davaoeno
8 minutes ago, Oz Jon said:

the outrageous interest rate being charged!

Hey- do you want to be able to show off your new bike to your friends  or not ??????

• Like 2