Jump to content
Soupeod

Motorcycling in the Philippines

Recommended Posts

SkyMan
9 hours ago, noddle said:

is there an engine size restrictions in the Philippines ?,

I believe you have to have at least 400cc to ride on the toll roads around Manila.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod

Nice example of the Hima and the Classic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RR3

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod

http://www.motortrade.com.ph/motorcycles/compare/yamaha-r3/kawasaki-dominar-400

 

Quote

 

 
  Php 239,000 Php 165,000
  Downpayment 
Php 65,000
Monthly Payment
Php 7,444
Downpayment 
Php 34,000
Monthly Payment
Php 6,920
Frame Backbone Backbone
Category Pang Sports Pang Sports
Engine Type 4-stroke, Liquid-Cooled, dohc, 4-valve / Cylinder Triple spark 4-valve DTS-i engine, closed fuel injection, liquid cooled
Displacement (cc) 321 373.3 cc
Bore x Stroke (mm) 68.0mm x 44.1mm  
Fuel Capacity (L) 14 Liters 13 Liters
Max Output (kW)    
Ignition Type TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)  
Front Suspension Telescopic Telescopic, 43mm forks
Engine Oil Capacity (L) 2.40 Liters  
Front Tire 110/70-17 (Tubeless) 110/70-17 Radial
Wheels Type    
Starting System Electric Starter  
Transmission Type Constant Mesh, 6-Speed  
Brake System (Front / Rear) Hydraulic single disk / Hydraulic single disk Twin-channel ABS, 320 dia disc / Twin-channel ABS, 230 dia disc
Wet Weight (with oil & fuel) 166 kg 182 kg
Seat Height 780 mm  
Fuel    
Maximum Horse Power 31.1kW (42.3PS) / 10,750 r/min 35 PS @ 8000 RPM
Maximum Torque 30.2 N·m (3.1 kgf·m) / 9,000 r/min 35 Nm @ 6500 RPM
Gear Shift Pattern 1st=2.500, 2nd=1.824, 3rd=1.348, 4th=1.087, 5th=0.920, 6th=0.800  
Carburator Type    
Compression Ratio 11.2:1  
Rear Suspension Monocross Multi-step adjustable mono shock
Rear Tire 140/70-17 (Tubeless) 150/60-17 Radial
Overall Dimensions (lenght x width x height) 2,090 mm X 720 mm X 1,135 mm 2156mm X 813mm X 1112mm
Wheelbase 1,380 mm 1453 mm
Minimum Ground Clearance 160 mm 157 mm
Dry Weight (without oil & Fuel)    
Cylinder Arrangement    
Lubrication System Wet sump  
Fuel System Fuel injection  
Clutch Type Wet, Multiple Disc Slipper clutch
Frame Type Diamond Beam type perimeter frame
Headlight Halogen bulb / 12V, 55W x 1, 55W x 1  
Primary/Secondary Reduction Ratio    
Top Speed    
Combination Brake System    
Turning Radius    
Security System    
Taillight    
Instruments

 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RR3
Category Pang Sports

:thats-funny:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dafey

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RR3

Now This is more funnee :thats-funny:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RR3

750cc wins 400cc. But just. HD is a joke :cool:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RR3

Duke390 beats HD750. And 'cause R3 beats Duke390 so :pimp:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RR3

Inndia boys should take some real off-road bikes w proper tires when going up slippery slope :chopper:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ROCO22

Not a resident but keep a Honda XR150 at family's home for annual visits

Great little bike...

post-678-0-04367000-1449790467.jpg

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ROCO22

Stateside dirtbike I would like to have in PI...

DRZ440... w/keihin 39mm pumper carb.

This girl will throttle up in 3rd no worries.

5ad132c579f4a_4-13-18096.thumb.JPG.31df25998f26f48abd9a54dba4efd263.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dafey
16 minutes ago, ROCO22 said:

Stateside dirtbike I would like to have in PI...

DRZ440... w/keihin 39mm pumper carb.

This girl will throttle up in 3rd no worries.

5ad132c579f4a_4-13-18096.thumb.JPG.31df25998f26f48abd9a54dba4efd263.JPG

That could probably fit in 2 Balacbiyan Boxes if you packed it right!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lolhahaha

I was at Honda today and I've been looking for something to use on the road and also dirt roads since those are about half the roads in this area, and I'll go riding in the mountains occasionally. I thought something 150+ would be good but the crf 250 looked like I'd be riding a horse and I doubt the 150 is much lower to the ground. They don't have the xr150 so I couldn't compare it without actually seeing it.

 I would have bought a xrm125 for 68k, they are even fuel injected now,  but the dealer only takes cash and I have a visa rewards card that I try to use for everything to get the cash back. I think I'd get about 50 dollars back for the purchase, not bad.

Is this how it is everywhere or is it just because I live in the middle of nowhere?

I bought 2 bicycles a few months ago in the city for about 50k and the bike shop didn't want to let me use my credit card but when I told them that I changed my mind then they changed their minds.

Also, is there something else to consider similar to the xrm125? Maybe a 150 or a 175 from something other than honda?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadow
1 hour ago, lolhahaha said:

I was at Honda today and I've been looking for something to use on the road and also dirt roads since those are about half the roads in this area, and I'll go riding in the mountains occasionally. I thought something 150+ would be good but the crf 250 looked like I'd be riding a horse and I doubt the 150 is much lower to the ground. They don't have the xr150 so I couldn't compare it without actually seeing it.

 I would have bought a xrm125 for 68k, they are even fuel injected now,  but the dealer only takes cash and I have a visa rewards card that I try to use for everything to get the cash back. I think I'd get about 50 dollars back for the purchase, not bad.

Is this how it is everywhere or is it just because I live in the middle of nowhere?

I bought 2 bicycles a few months ago in the city for about 50k and the bike shop didn't want to let me use my credit card but when I told them that I changed my mind then they changed their minds.

Also, is there something else to consider similar to the xrm125? Maybe a 150 or a 175 from something other than honda?

The seat height of the XR 150 is 5 inches lower than the CRF 250. For the usage you describe, it will probably be difficult to beat the XR 150 overall.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dafey
9 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

the bike shop didn't want to let me use my credit card

I shop bikes everywhere and have never found a shop that takes CC !!! Crazy! I think they would do a lot of business in cards alone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GBT62
On 4/9/2018 at 2:15 AM, soupeod said:

 

I was looking at a local custom shop that does bobbers and cafe style using some of the local 125-175's - for a Sunday toy once I move out of the city - but hell that Rusi might be a decent option. Price is about the same and comes with a 13 month warranty and roadside assist.

For the amount I ride the Chinese quality shouldn't be a real issue.....  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
T.S.
11 hours ago, GBT62 said:

I was looking at a local custom shop that does bobbers and cafe style using some of the local 125-175's - for a Sunday toy once I move out of the city - but hell that Rusi might be a decent option. Price is about the same and comes with a 13 month warranty and roadside assist.

For the amount I ride the Chinese quality shouldn't be a real issue.....  

That Rusi model is actually a Thai bike rather than Chinese. It's a re-branded GPX Legend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dafey

Also, a lot has to do with how you take care of your bike. I've had a Motorstar Explorer 150 for over 2 years and never had a problem. But, I change the oil regularly, clean and oil the chain, maintain fluids and generally keep it clean and covered. Looks and drives like new.

Look around at the crap that is on the street...easily half are just held together with wire and string. Obviously not registered as they would never pass a yearly E test.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GBT62
9 hours ago, T.S. said:

That Rusi model is actually a Thai bike rather than Chinese. It's a re-branded GPX Legend.

Chinese parts assembled in Thailand is what I've heard/read. Seen as a Sinnis in China is the consensus. Wouldn't really worry me whatever the case is. They're cheap enough to buy a second one for spares (have done that before with cheap Chinese tools at Bunnings for those odd-job requirements.)  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rizla

This is my Rusi, can't say I'm impressed, the vibration makes it uncomfortable for more than 30 min travel, and not being able to fit a Top Box makes carrying shopping etc a pain, too small for two people to ride in comfort. I will be selling it when back in Argao and get something bigger. Having said that, the bike works well, considering it is left for over six months, just need to recharge the battery and flush the carb and she fires up with no problem.

5ad6b3ff86ad4_bike1(10).thumb.JPG.2ef7f9abc99ea638d73a7f269f53bb81.JPG

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadow
54 minutes ago, rizla said:

This is my Rusi, can't say I'm impressed, the vibration makes it uncomfortable for more than 30 min travel, and not being able to fit a Top Box makes carrying shopping etc a pain, too small for two people to ride in comfort. I will be selling it when back in Argao and get something bigger. Having said that, the bike works well, considering it is left for over six months, just need to recharge the battery and flush the carb and she fires up with no problem.

5ad6b3ff86ad4_bike1(10).thumb.JPG.2ef7f9abc99ea638d73a7f269f53bb81.JPG

LOL.

My wife rode one of those for a day or two (belonged to a friend). She didn't like it, said it was too small for her.

She is 4'8".

I sat on it, I felt like a gorilla humping a football.

What kind of hocus pocus spell would possess a grown man to buy one of those?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Sailfish Bay Fishing Charters

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..