Soupeod

Motorcycling in the Philippines

Soupeod

• Like 4

SkyMan
On 8/21/2019 at 4:58 AM, Soupeod said:

How is it they allow those and not ATVs?

• Like 1

shadow
30 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

They are a tricycle and are licensed as such. LTO has no category for 4 wheeled ATVs.

• Like 2

Dafey
52 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Agreed...same with the public utility trykes. You take this up with the LTO and let me know how that works out, :rolleyes:

• Like 1

SkyMan
2 minutes ago, shadow said:

They are a tricycle and are licensed as such. LTO has no category for 4 wheeled ATVs.

So it's a tricycle with a support wheel.  Those Chariots look unstable and as slowly as they are normally driven, the drivers think so too.  Reminds me of a guy who rode with the Outsiders that had a really cool sidecar but in case he was riding without his girl along he had to put a 50Kg plate in it.

• Like 1

Dafey
23 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

So it's a tricycle with a support wheel

take one wheel off to register it?

23 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Those Chariots look unstable

They are actually a very stable platform...more so than an empty public utility tryke.

• Like 2

Soupeod
12 hours ago, SkyMan said:

So it's a tricycle with a support wheel.  Those Chariots look unstable and as slowly as they are normally driven, the drivers think so too.  Reminds me of a guy who rode with the Outsiders that had a really cool sidecar but in case he was riding without his girl along he had to put a 50Kg plate in it.

Uhmm a support wheel? It is a solid axle rear end with high and low gear. The motor can cruise at 60 kph, not slow at all and can haul a bunch in the rear, cargo or passengers.

• Like 1

SkyMan
40 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

It is a solid axle rear end with high and low gear. The motor can cruise at 60 kph, not slow at all and can haul a bunch in the rear, cargo or passengers.

Perhaps the dealers don't inform the new owners about the high gear.  I don't see any moving very fast.

Headshot
2 hours ago, bkb1 said:

The guy definitely has a good case for suing the pole. You could see how it jumped out in front of him.

• Haha 4

rizla

I always thought it was the amount of sugar they eat that caused so many filipinos to have missing front teeth, guess its POLES TO BLAME

Salty Dog

22776.jpg

• Like 4

Cebuandrew
On 8/21/2019 at 4:58 AM, Soupeod said:

We have several of these on Bantayan. There is a local that drives around each day with the bed full of coconuts and a bolo, selling the juice. 2 foreigners had an idea and tricked 2 of them out to do land tours. Their chariots have roofs, windshields and sides and roofs over the beds, with seats. Lol...but I never seen them actually drive around town...just sit in their yards. I see 2 other foreigners here that use them for their daily rides. They seem to love them. Never seen one scream down the hwy, so not sure how fast they go.

• Like 1

shadow
7 minutes ago, Cebuandrew said:

We have several of these on Bantayan. There is a local that drives around each day with the bed full of coconuts and a bolo, selling the juice. 2 foreigners had an idea and tricked 2 of them out to do land tours. Their chariots have roofs, windshields and sides and roofs over the beds, with seats. Lol...but I never seen them actually drive around town...just sit in their yards. I see 2 other foreigners here that use them for their daily rides. They seem to love them. Never seen one scream down the hwy, so not sure how fast they go.

This being the home of Rusi, there are hundreds of them here. 

Also getting very popular is the Bajaj RE;

image.png.1bf4ee68b8d4717b0d553a8ffd7427b0.png

The Bajaj has a 200 CC motor. I have quite a few friends who have one, never heard anyone say anything bad about them, they love them. 

• Like 1

Cebuandrew
3 hours ago, shadow said:

This being the home of Rusi, there are hundreds of them here. 

Also getting very popular is the Bajaj RE;

image.png.1bf4ee68b8d4717b0d553a8ffd7427b0.png

The Bajaj has a 200 CC motor. I have quite a few friends who have one, never heard anyone say anything bad about them, they love them. 

A similar thing came here about a year ago and are getting more popular. Maybe 6 or so now in Santa Fe. Amihan Resort uses one to pick up guests at the pier. Today, I saw this one and snapped a photo:

DSC01595.JPG