Jump to content
Soupeod

Motorcycling in the Philippines

Recommended Posts

Soupeod

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
On 8/21/2019 at 4:58 AM, Soupeod said:

 

How is it they allow those and not ATVs?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadow
30 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

How is it they allow those and not ATVs?

They are a tricycle and are licensed as such. LTO has no category for 4 wheeled ATVs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dafey
52 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

How is it they allow those and not ATVs?

Agreed...same with the public utility trykes. You take this up with the LTO and let me know how that works out, :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
2 minutes ago, shadow said:

They are a tricycle and are licensed as such. LTO has no category for 4 wheeled ATVs.

So it's a tricycle with a support wheel.  Those Chariots look unstable and as slowly as they are normally driven, the drivers think so too.  Reminds me of a guy who rode with the Outsiders that had a really cool sidecar but in case he was riding without his girl along he had to put a 50Kg plate in it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dafey
23 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

So it's a tricycle with a support wheel

take one wheel off to register it?

23 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Those Chariots look unstable

They are actually a very stable platform...more so than an empty public utility tryke.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soupeod
12 hours ago, SkyMan said:

So it's a tricycle with a support wheel.  Those Chariots look unstable and as slowly as they are normally driven, the drivers think so too.  Reminds me of a guy who rode with the Outsiders that had a really cool sidecar but in case he was riding without his girl along he had to put a 50Kg plate in it.

Uhmm a support wheel? It is a solid axle rear end with high and low gear. The motor can cruise at 60 kph, not slow at all and can haul a bunch in the rear, cargo or passengers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
40 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

It is a solid axle rear end with high and low gear. The motor can cruise at 60 kph, not slow at all and can haul a bunch in the rear, cargo or passengers.

Perhaps the dealers don't inform the new owners about the high gear.  I don't see any moving very fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshot
2 hours ago, bkb1 said:

The guy definitely has a good case for suing the pole. You could see how it jumped out in front of him.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rizla

I always thought it was the amount of sugar they eat that caused so many filipinos to have missing front teeth, guess its POLES TO BLAME

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salty Dog

 

22776.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cebuandrew
On 8/21/2019 at 4:58 AM, Soupeod said:

 

We have several of these on Bantayan. There is a local that drives around each day with the bed full of coconuts and a bolo, selling the juice. 2 foreigners had an idea and tricked 2 of them out to do land tours. Their chariots have roofs, windshields and sides and roofs over the beds, with seats. Lol...but I never seen them actually drive around town...just sit in their yards. I see 2 other foreigners here that use them for their daily rides. They seem to love them. Never seen one scream down the hwy, so not sure how fast they go.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadow
7 minutes ago, Cebuandrew said:

We have several of these on Bantayan. There is a local that drives around each day with the bed full of coconuts and a bolo, selling the juice. 2 foreigners had an idea and tricked 2 of them out to do land tours. Their chariots have roofs, windshields and sides and roofs over the beds, with seats. Lol...but I never seen them actually drive around town...just sit in their yards. I see 2 other foreigners here that use them for their daily rides. They seem to love them. Never seen one scream down the hwy, so not sure how fast they go.

This being the home of Rusi, there are hundreds of them here. 

Also getting very popular is the Bajaj RE;

image.png.1bf4ee68b8d4717b0d553a8ffd7427b0.png

 The Bajaj has a 200 CC motor. I have quite a few friends who have one, never heard anyone say anything bad about them, they love them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cebuandrew
3 hours ago, shadow said:

This being the home of Rusi, there are hundreds of them here. 

Also getting very popular is the Bajaj RE;

image.png.1bf4ee68b8d4717b0d553a8ffd7427b0.png

 The Bajaj has a 200 CC motor. I have quite a few friends who have one, never heard anyone say anything bad about them, they love them. 

A similar thing came here about a year ago and are getting more popular. Maybe 6 or so now in Santa Fe. Amihan Resort uses one to pick up guests at the pier. Today, I saw this one and snapped a photo:

 

DSC01595.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..