Soupeod

Motorcycling in the Philippines

HTM

Sorry bn busy.

My registration was finish in 6 weeks(no extra payment)

And u all know I'm a bit shy and discreet. so I made this plates for my MC:

58376474_10161544319305332_6677400365354188800_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Dafey

Haha...now I need a vanity plate!

• Like 2

bkb1

• Like 6

DeedleNuts

I love that channel, this kid is hilarious.

• Like 2

RR3

Harley-Davidsons to be made by China's Geely with eye on Asia. First out is a 338cc model to go on sale in China in 2020.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Harley-Davidsons-to-be-made-by-China-s-Geely-with-eye-on-Asia

Harley-Davidson is developing smaller motorcycles with a Chinese partner in an attempt to cultivate new markets as ridership in the U.S. and Europe stalls.

The U.S. motorcycle maker announced Wednesday that it signed an agreement with Qianjiang Motorcycle, which will produce the new model at Qianjiang plants in China. This is the first time Harley has ever contracted production out to an outside partner.

Qianjiang is a unit of leading Chinese automaker Zhejiang Geely Holding Group. It also produces bikes for Benelli Motorcycles, which Qianjiang acquired in 2005.

Harley is renowned for its black-and-orange, heavyweight motorcycles with an engine displacement of more than 600cc and price tags that can run well over $25,000. The company does most of its business in the U.S. and Europe, but younger demographics in these markets seem to be losing interest in two-wheelers, which in turn have squeezed sales.

To increase its presence in the growing Asian market, the company is looking to bolster its lineup of small and mid-size bikes with a displacement of 250cc to 400cc, with cheaper retail prices aimed at younger and novice riders. First among them will be a 338cc model to go on sale in China in 2020.

Last year U.S. President Donald Trump warned the company it could be "the beginning of the end" if it decided to produce more motorcycles overseas to avoid E.U. tariffs.

Harley will continue making its larger models in the U.S. But it plans to move production of exports to China from Wisconsin to Thailand by the end of the year as a way to avoid a 25% tariff on American-made motorcycles Beijing imposed last year.

The company also aims to introduce smaller models in India, the world's largest two-wheeler market, as well as in other Asian countries. It hopes to increase sales outside the U.S. to 50% of its total by 2027, up from the roughly 40% now.

• Like 4

Dafey

too bad it isn't a 400cc so it can go on the super highways

Dafey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Davaoeno
35 minutes ago, Dafey said:

too bad it isn't a 400cc so it can go on the super highways

the company is looking to bolster its lineup of small and mid-size bikes with a displacement of 250cc to 400cc, 

• Like 2

DeedleNuts
12 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

looking to bolster its lineup

Bolstering virtually (or actually) zero should be trivial I'd think.

They used to rebadge Italian bikes in the day. 

I remember my dad giving me a ride on one like this:

image.png.7d031acaef834289147b7a8ae55c0a90.png

• Like 3

Dafey

Apparently they are assembling some Kawasaki here. Hope that goes well as it would be nice to have these factories in the Phils. Video is mostly Tagalog but you can peace-meal what they are conveying. 

Also a review of the Kaw Rouser 200.

• Like 4

RR3

British Biker does a nice talk of Yamaha XT 250 Serow. Made in Japan. Makes me want one. Model 2019/2020 has some more power for 229k

• Like 4

Dafey

• Like 3

RR3
8 hours ago, Dafey said:

Really bad vid of one interesting event, like local's mind set, hip-hap. Best was the girls in bikini - uhh what You mean...

Dafey

Training program for bike riders launched

A training program for motorcycle drivers of ride-hailing and courier services was launched on Thursday by a nongovernment organization in partnership with the Land Transportation Office (LTO).

“Ridelihood” is a free six-month training program that will be composed of lectures and practical exercises for road safety practices, legal rights and obligations, related health concerns, and financial protection of drivers using motorcycles for livelihood.

The training, led by the Legal Engagement Advocating Development and Reform Inc. (Leader) will start on Sunday at the LTO Compound in East Avenue, Quezon City.

Leader will be posting details of the Ridelihood for interested bikers on their Facebook page: facebook.com/LeaderPhilippines.

“Ridelihood is a response to the steady growth of the motorcycle taxi and courier industry in the Philippines, and a recognition of the necessity to support our countrymen, who are trying to make an honest living through it,” Leader Executive Director Emiliano Bantog said.

Benjamin Santiago, the head of LTO National Capital Region-East, welcomed nongovernment initiatives that seek to curb road accidents involving motorcycles. In 2017, more than 400,000 accidents were recorded in Metro Manila. There were currently around 800,000 active riders, Santiago said.

Ride-hailing service Angkas, which has 30,000 drivers, had implemented strict requirements and training before allowing riders to hit the road, Angkas Head of Operations David Brian Medrana said. Angkas drivers are required to undergo a training program that includes practical skills assessment in transporting a passenger and comprehension exam.

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/national/training-program-for-bike-riders-launched/ar-AAFQWiz?ocid=spartandhp

• Like 1

lamoe
Posted (edited)

"Benjamin Santiago, the head of LTO National Capital Region-East, welcomed nongovernment initiatives that seek to curb road accidents involving motorcycles. In 2017, more than 400,000 accidents were recorded in Metro Manila. There were currently around 800,000 active riders, Santiago said."

Probably more like 4 million accidents

Reported is the key word - been scraped several times -never reported - they just ride off  ASAP - typically rubbing compound and a little paint is all that's required - repeat as required:dance2:

Only accident that PNP got involved with was Jeepny moving left because a motor cut him off - cracked right side  lower front panel - even then no official report - company offered $$$$ - didn't want driver to lose license for 3 months

Edited by Dafey