Soupeod

Motorcycling in the Philippines

SkyMan
20 minutes ago, mistaeric said:

Have you thought about getting your bike vinyl wrapped instead of painted? I got a quote for 9k to wrap a Nmax of any color in cebu city. Xmax is larger so probably higher cost.

I don't think those wraps are designed to last too long.  Perhaps there are different qualities but it seems most are made to look cool for a special event or something but don't last long after.  There's Lilo-an courtesy van that looked good at first but now it looks a wreck.  Of course, it has been banged up a bit too but the graphics are really faded, almost to unreadable.

• Like 1

Dafey
10 hours ago, mistaeric said:

Have you thought about getting your bike vinyl wrapped

Yes, good question. The vinyl wraps are gorgeous and easily done. The problem is as Skyman said they aren't that durable to wear and tear, from what I've read. There would be 9 pieces to wrap on the Xmax and I really think I could do that myself if I wanted so probably do it for a couple of thousand in materials.

The paint on the Xmax looks good and is a flat brown, (Bronze). I call it baby diaper. The problem is it rubs off easily. She has big hips and they come to a point where it is easily bumped. In the photos you'll see I put on a carbon fiber oblong plate, ordered from Lazada to protect those hips. However, they were not a perfect fit and I tried 2 sided tape, silicone glue and hot glue gun but they don't stay on. Stopped trying after a month and those points are already flaking baby diaper!

I have a nice air gun for automotive and will probably take the 9 pieces off and spray them with a hard as nails glossy. Would look sharp!

Here's a question for you guys:

If I change the color of my bike is it crazy hard to change it on the registration?

If I don't change color I might try to get this design on the front, side fairings

image.thumb.png.00a7ab1fd9887f8012740d4ffd3c9a25.png

• Like 1

Dafey
On 6/25/2020 at 9:31 AM, Dafey said:

I added a couple of options…roll bars to keep the body safe from bumps, an engine plate for protection on uneven surfaces, Back rack and a quick release 48 liter Top box. This bike is set up for long cruises now with plenty of storage space for my wife’s “stuff”!

Here is a photo of the engine plate. A good investment for these province roads.

image.thumb.png.d80d79dfaa2c9834426973d382423a4c.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SkyMan

Google Maps in the RP....

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Dafey
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

Google Maps in the RP....

My butt was all puckered up watching!

• Like 2