soupeod

Motorcycling in the Philippines

soupeod
3 hours ago, Dafey said:

Unfortunately I don't think either is electronic ignition...

Here's my 1st choice...

5a9612c295207_Kawvulcan650.jpg.6b2204c16b80123806644e0e6810cbe6.jpgKawasaki Vulcan 650

So you put your Asawa on the handlebars.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

oztony
1 hour ago, soupeod said:

So you put your Asawa on the handlebars.  :)

Little block of foam on the rear guard and a couple of foot pegs mounted somewhere should take care of it,.....

• Like 1

colemanlee

After trying everything from a underbone Sniper 135 to the Super 4 and the R6, this is what I ended up with...wifey suprised me with it one day, loved it but it was too damn tall and Im 6ft with long legs, So I made it what is called a Super Moto, 17 inch wheels and street tires...ended up cutting a couple of inches off the side stand, and it works well...fast enough for here, but still has the suspension travel needed for the roads here.

5a96671600589_crfmod2.thumb.jpg.6f9e3d5b4f742d8815fbfad991080553.jpg

5a9667188cbe9_crfmod3.thumb.jpg.ce5ab626fc8f5adb9f0ba75b0d46e2e1.jpg

5a96671a86d41_crfmod4.thumb.jpg.85cc60945c64427552a9bacc1d86e9c6.jpg

Crf.thumb.jpg.fef7c86a97e7285de1ac319e1d2d9b55.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

RR3

You prefer this Honda for R6? Really? What roads You driving man? Been to Leyte/Samar and roads good/Ok. Evil call this Honda for 'Lazy Cow' :wub:

Whereas nobody calls R6 but a monster. 750k, only as they say in PI :cool:

Edited by RR3

Davaoeno

Wow! That bike looks perfect for tooling around the Philippines at 295 km/hour !  Just the right machine for the job!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

colemanlee

@RR3 You can spend your money ever how you want to its your money...as for driving "all over Leyte and Samar"  Im really happy for you...your experience is exemplary Im sure, me Im just a beginner, lets see Im 70 now and have been riding since I was 14, owned something like thirty or forty different bikes, most Im sure you would not consider bikes..but museum pieces....and have been riding Leyte and Samar full time for the last seven years, but I applaud you sticking to your guns Ricky Racer style...and wish you a long and happy riding career....

Edited by colemanlee
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

soupeod
4 hours ago, colemanlee said:

After trying everything from a underbone Sniper 135 to the Super 4 and the R6, this is what I ended up with...wifey suprised me with it one day, loved it but it was too damn tall and Im 6ft with long legs, So I made it what is called a Super Moto, 17 inch wheels and street tires...ended up cutting a couple of inches off the side stand, and it works well...fast enough for here, but still has the suspension travel needed for the roads here.

5a96671600589_crfmod2.thumb.jpg.6f9e3d5b4f742d8815fbfad991080553.jpg

5a9667188cbe9_crfmod3.thumb.jpg.ce5ab626fc8f5adb9f0ba75b0d46e2e1.jpg

5a96671a86d41_crfmod4.thumb.jpg.85cc60945c64427552a9bacc1d86e9c6.jpg

Crf.thumb.jpg.fef7c86a97e7285de1ac319e1d2d9b55.jpg

Since I am shorter than you I will need something closer to the ground even more. :)

soupeod

• Like 4

RR3
19 hours ago, Dafey said:

Here's my 1st choice...

5a9612c295207_Kawvulcan650.jpg.6b2204c16b80123806644e0e6810cbe6.jpgKawasaki Vulcan 650

Nothing stirs up more than choice of bike?

Tight race: Vulcan vs R6 vs CRF vs RE? Like I said: Lots of nice bikes available.

Dont touch my ride :respect:

Dafey
1 hour ago, RR3 said:

Tight race: Vulcan vs R6 vs CRF vs RE? Like I said: Lots of nice bikes available.

I know you like a crotch rocket racing style bike. We used to put Zbars on our Kawasaki 900s and drag race against funny cars, (back in the day). My back won't handle riding in that position anymore but there is no thrill greater than riding CanAm style on a curvy road with your knee within inches of the pavement.

Problem is, I only know a couple of highways in Luzon where you can ride like that. Where we are in the province those bikes would bottom out a dozen times on a 15 minute ride. Even the National Highway here can be rugged. Also, the Philippines is either wet or dusty when the roads dry. That dust can be like ice in a tight corner.

That Himalayan by Royal Enfield that Soup put up is a neat alternative for rough riding around here and looks like it offers some descent comfort in the saddle for extended rides. Also oil cooled! Has anybody checked RE Cebu to see what they are selling for?

• Like 4

shadow
56 minutes ago, Dafey said:

I know you like a crotch rocket racing style bike. We used to put Zbars on our Kawasaki 900s and drag race against funny cars, (back in the day). My back won't handle riding in that position anymore

Drag racing in that position or a 10 minute spin up a curvy paved mountain road is one thing, cruising around for a few hours for an enjoyable afternoon ride all hunched over is another. My back hurts just from looking at some of them.

• Like 3

RR3
2 hours ago, Dafey said:

Problem is, I only know a couple of highways in Luzon where you can ride like that. Where we are in the province those bikes would bottom out a dozen times on a 15 minute ride. Even the National Highway here can be rugged. Also, the Philippines is either wet or dusty when the roads dry. That dust can be like ice in a tight corner.

Funny, I rode Ormoc to Tacloban to Legazpi in one day. Incl extra 100km 'cause missed the turn in Baybay :)

Off-road bikes like CRF are PITA on high-way. CRF too soft front, seat a killer, machine I dont want even comment, scooter is faster. RE sounds like lawn mower... 

• Like 1

Dafey
1 hour ago, RR3 said:

I rode Ormoc to Tacloban to Legazpi

I'm not familiar with that road but you're a better man than I am. That's about twice the distance I would travel on a good day. Now...If I had my old Honda VTX, that's a different story ;)

• Like 1

soupeod

royal-enfield-classic-desert-storm-2016-

• Like 4

Dafey

You know, there's another budget option for a cruiser style...the Kawasaki Avenger. It's a 220cc Rouser engine that's easy to work on and get parts. All decked out it's about 110 Pesos.

Avenger.jpg.e080dfa44eec4036695be784b53fe55d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1