soupeod

Motorcycling in the Philippines

DeedleNuts
4 minutes ago, Dafey said:

The royal Enfield is all metal and the UM has a lot of plastic composite pieces.

I'm generally a fan of high tech composites. I think my issue with bike like I expect the UM to be is that they spend some of their very limited budget on window dressing and that inevitably takes away from the functionality, durability, quality, budget. At this price point there's just not enough meat on those bones to waste.

I've not looked at the PH market for a bit but I do recall several decent Supermotard and other sort of highly functional bikes that used to be available under 200K php. Even the lowly 175 Kawasaki bikes they use for trike duty looked better to me. 

• Like 1

Dafey

Everybody has their own style. If you are looking for a cruiser under 200,000 in the Phils you can get a Kawasaki Avenger for about 105K, a UM Commando for 150K and ummmm....yup, that's your choices!

Wanna spend a bit more, Royal Enfield...Got more yet you can get a Kawasaki Vulcan S for 365K and a Honda Rebel for 320K. After that you're talking 500K-1.5 mil for a cruiser. 

For me, if I get 2 good years out of a Commando and can resell it for half what I paid, I'd be happy

DeedleNuts
9 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Kawasaki Avenger for about 105K

This one?

1-36.png

• Like 1

Dafey

yup, but I'm partial to the black

RR3
4 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

It's actually more of a neutral old school UJM position on the Duke bikes. 

Honestly if it's a cruiser from India a person is after I'd look at some of the Royal Enfields. To me they look to be a much higher quality bike with a somehow much more purposeful look for lack of a better term.

2016-Royal-Enfield-Classic-500b.jpg

The UM just looks like a dentist trying to dress up like a gangster. 

...higher quality bike

5 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

It's actually more of a neutral old school UJM position on the Duke bikes. 

Honestly if it's a cruiser from India a person is after I'd look at some of the Royal Enfields. To me they look to be a much higher quality bike with a somehow much more purposeful look for lack of a better term.

2016-Royal-Enfield-Classic-500b.jpg

The UM just looks like a dentist trying to dress up like a gangster. 

higher quality bike

From India? Quality? In Your dreams :cool:

Ozepete

Those bloody bikes!

Untitled.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1