soupeod

Motorcycling in the Philippines

shadow
51 minutes ago, DeedleNuts said:

Still looks like a joke to me. Where is it made?

400 pounds and 12 hp? 

I guess I'm not their demographic. 

EDIT:

Who says Indians don't have a sense of humor?

According to the specs Wolff posted, it is 24.8 HP. Where did you get 12?

• Like 1

DeedleNuts
Just now, shadow said:

The previously posted link said it was a 125cc @ 9kw - the new link says it's a 280cc and about twice that output, which is a lot less insane. That's a lot better. Still not my cup of tea but whatever.

It still looks like a bike designed by a makeup artist. 

I really prefer a more functional look, the Enfields look similar-ish but they somehow look purposeful. Something in a KTM is more like it for me.

• Like 1

Woolf
2 minutes ago, shadow said:

From the link I posted earlier

http://www.ummotorcycles.co.uk/UM125-CO.php

looks to me that the one sold in PHP  could be 125 cc only

The lazada seller lists  NO specs,  what so ever

• Like 1

Sealover
1 hour ago, DeedleNuts said:

Still looks like a joke to me. Where is it made?

400 pounds and 12 hp? 

I guess I'm not their demographic. 

EDIT:

Who says Indians don't have a sense of humor?

It's 24 hp and 300 cc, I don't say the bike is great, but at least you could read the info on the bike before you comment 

• Like 1

Woolf
3 minutes ago, Sealover said:

It's 24 hp and 300 cc, I don't say the bike is great, but at least you could read the info on the bike before you comment 

Are you so sure about that the one sold on lazada is a 300 cc   ???

click on picture to zoom

Renegade Commando 125.png

Edited by Woolf

Sealover
9 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Are you so sure about that the one sold on lazada is a 300 cc   ???

click on picture to zoom

Renegade Commando 125.png

The commercial in Lazada say Commando Renegade 300 cc but yes the bike on the pics looks like 125 cc

• Like 1

Sealover

There are many models both with and without fuel injection, the price is important for some people 145 k pesos is cheap

Woolf
23 minutes ago, Sealover said:

The commercial in Lazada say Commando Renegade 300 cc but yes the bike on the pics looks like 125 cc

so it does,  saw that just now

• Like 1

Dafey

The going price for the 300 is about 150K so I'd say the Lazada one is that.

• Thanks 1

DeedleNuts
12 hours ago, Sealover said:

Look up one post or ....

12 hours ago, Sealover said:

Huh, how about that. 

I honestly don't know I just go by the information that's provided, and TBH a 24hp 280 that weighs 400 pounds isn't precisely impressive. I guess just not my thing. The KTM 390 Duke is low cost, almost 100 pounds lighter, 44hp, and is also made in India (if that matters) - do they import those?

Dafey

So the UM is a cruiser and the KTM is a racing bike. True, you get a lot of bang for your buck with the 390 but I can't ride hunched over in a squatting position any more. (was never that comfortable when I could)

The high point for the Commando is the ride. Not very good mileage but with a gel seat and the position that you ride I can go all day...(or all night?).

• Like 3

TequilaSunset

I actually like the look of some the rides posted in here, but no way in hell am I ever riding in most parts of Cebu (I really enjoy living) I did however enjoy the short ride in Siarago on the little scooter. Basically no traffic, really enjoyable, made me miss my riding days. The only scare was from a coconut of all things, fell about 20 feet ahead of us and got my attention. That could have been ugly.

DeedleNuts
3 hours ago, Dafey said:

So the UM is a cruiser and the KTM is a racing bike. True, you get a lot of bang for your buck with the 390 but I can't ride hunched over in a squatting position any more.

It's actually more of a neutral old school UJM position on the Duke bikes. 

Honestly if it's a cruiser from India a person is after I'd look at some of the Royal Enfields. To me they look to be a much higher quality bike with a somehow much more purposeful look for lack of a better term.

2016-Royal-Enfield-Classic-500b.jpg

The UM just looks like a dentist trying to dress up like a gangster. 

Edited by DeedleNuts
  • Like 1

Dafey

Royal Enfield is a great bike but in a different class costs another 165,000 for a 500 classic as in your photograph, maybe more if they are starting to import the Fr & Rr disc breaks with ABS. (Manditory in India by April) 350 clasic sells for 212,000 in Cebu with regular breaks Fr disc and rear drum.

The royal Enfield is all metal and the UM has a lot of plastic composite pieces. Also the UM is water cooled, a big plus in the tropics though I've never hear of peeps having overheating problems with RE.

• Thanks 1