Sign in to follow this  
Voyager39

Buy Nano SIM card in Cebu or before leaving?

Woolf
1 hour ago, CommanderData said:

A final suggestion would be get a T-Mobile One plan in the USA (have free unlimited 2G data in 120+ countries), or for Android fans, get a Google FI plan which is reasonably priced per GB worldwide use.

free unlimited,  limited to 2 GB  ????   and the cost of the plan ???

GOOGLE FI plan cost ???

SMART & GLOBE  50 PHP for 1 GB including unli txt all net for 3 days, that is about 1 USD 

CommanderData
6 minutes ago, Woolf said:

free unlimited,  limited to 2 GB  ????   and the cost of the plan ???

GOOGLE FI plan cost ???

SMART & GLOBE  50 PHP for 1 GB including unli txt all net for 3 days, that is about 1 USD 

Sorry if my post was confusing: USA T-Mobile One accounts have unlimited international data, but are speed-limited to 2G speeds (less than 3G, more like "Edge" speeds: 256kbps). That speed is tolerable for email, chat apps, and some google maps/facebook. Also get to keep a USA phone number if that is important to anyone. I think that plan runs $80 per month.

Unfortunately Google FI I have only heard of "second hand raves" for... I'm not an Android guy. I believe its $10 per GB of LTE, usable anywhere in the world. Only possible with certain Android phones though.

I agree that you can get reasonably cheap data with a local SIM in the Philippines. Some other countries in Asia are even more amazing in price/performance/data allowance per USD.  Depending on Voyager39's budget, needs, and data usage levels for a shorter visit it may be easier to come with US roaming and chat with girls via Viber/Whatsapp/Etc. 

Personally I find having a good USA cell plan with International Roaming data to be the best fit for me because I run a business and fly back and forth every few months, and occasionally hit other countries along the way.

Woolf

You can reload your philippine sim here 5% discount

pay with your credit card

https://www.lazada.com.ph/mobilerecharge/