Sign in to follow this  
JohnSurrey

Life Assurance - BPI Pamana

som101

what are you trying to accomplish? sometimes it makes more sense to just save especially at the older age depending on the amounts and your saving abilities.

On 2/26/2018 at 1:14 PM, JohnSurrey said:

I put some money in a BPI Pamana Savings account a while ago to avail of their free life assurance...

It only covers me until I am 60

Anyone suggest alternative plans or places to get life assurance here?

JohnSurrey
On 01/03/2018 at 5:34 AM, som101 said:

what are you trying to accomplish?

10-0...

Waste my time? 

Paddy

Sun Life (in the Philippines) says it has insurance products that provide cover up to 90 years old. Sun Life is a reputable company in Canada. Other large international insurance companies may also operate in the Philippines

This is an interesting starter link: https://www.sunlife.com.ph/PH/Insurance/Other+products?vgnLocale=en_CA 

At this link is some introductory information on a variety of insurance (and assurance) products. Sun Term 90 is insurance:

Life insurance with coverage terminating at age 90. If the insured outlives the termination date, the policy will expire without value. 

I have no idea if you can buy this product a) at all, b) at your current age, nor do I have any idea of its cost or the details of the t's and c's of the policy.

However - Marie or Rumejan, below, might know. They are in or near Cebu City. There appear to be many other advisors around the country. Given that these folks are "advisors", they will likely try to push  upsell assurance/whole life/investment+insurance mix products which usually carry better commissions than term insurance. Use the Find an Advisor link on the Sun Life Philippines site to select an advisor and have a chat perhaps?

sunlife.thumb.JPG.62069fa76405cf66933fa891896e2a31.JPG

I trust it is now 10-1 rather than 11-nil

JohnSurrey
12 hours ago, Paddy said:

Sun Life (in the Philippines) says it has insurance products that provide cover up to 90 years old. Sun Life is a reputable company in Canada. Other large international insurance companies may also operate in the Philippines

This is an interesting starter link: https://www.sunlife.com.ph/PH/Insurance/Other+products?vgnLocale=en_CA 

At this link is some introductory information on a variety of insurance (and assurance) products. Sun Term 90 is insurance:

Life insurance with coverage terminating at age 90. If the insured outlives the termination date, the policy will expire without value. 

I have no idea if you can buy this product a) at all, b) at your current age, nor do I have any idea of its cost or the details of the t's and c's of the policy.

However - Marie or Rumejan, below, might know. They are in or near Cebu City. There appear to be many other advisors around the country. Given that these folks are "advisors", they will likely try to push  upsell assurance/whole life/investment+insurance mix products which usually carry better commissions than term insurance. Use the Find an Advisor link on the Sun Life Philippines site to select an advisor and have a chat perhaps?

sunlife.thumb.JPG.62069fa76405cf66933fa891896e2a31.JPG

I trust it is now 10-1 rather than 11-nil

10-1 it is then - thanks.

JohnSurrey
On 27/02/2018 at 12:56 PM, Richard K said:

I am interested in this also.. my bank, PNB, offers a life insurance policy...I am too old for it tho

Following on from Paddy's post I found this which gives a rough indication of what's available (from SunLife) here without talking directly to an adviser

http://www.moneytalkph.com/insurance/best-and-cheapest-term-insurance-plans-in-the-philippines/

• Thanks 1