Sign in to follow this  
Jawny

Forums available for members only

Jawny

Are there some forum topics that only show for members of LinC?  That is, if a casual visitor to the forum should be search8ng, would some topics be blocked?

Salty Dog
15 minutes ago, Jawny said:

Are there some forum topics that only show for members of LinC?  That is, if a casual visitor to the forum should be search8ng, would some topics be blocked?

Generally guest can read all the forums that members have access to. 

There are several that aren't available, but they are not related to the Philippines or are of a personal nature such as planned meetings or events with details such as locations and times that shouldn't be made public.

Is there a particular one you have in mind?

Jawny

Not sure which are missing from public view, but Philippine politics does not appear in the public access.

• Like 1

Salty Dog
3 minutes ago, Jawny said:

Not sure which are missing from public view, but Philippine politics does not appear in the public access.

I just checked and it should be available to guest.

I also tested it as a guest.

pp.JPG

Jawny

Doesn’t work for me as a guest.  Maybe there are others, but that is the only one I noticed.  

Salty Dog
1 minute ago, Jawny said:

Doesn’t work for me as a guest.  Maybe there are others, but that is the only one I noticed.  

It use to be a forum that required a password.

Maybe you've never cleared your browser's cache since then.

Jawny

Never used a forum needing a password.  Cache was cleared.  

Just letting you know.  Doesn’t work as a guest.  Does work when signed in, like now.

Wrote previously, but got no reply.

I'll live with the defect.  

broden
21 minutes ago, Jawny said:

have you tried it with a different browser or an incognito browser?

Salty Dog
33 minutes ago, Jawny said:

Never used a forum needing a password.  Cache was cleared.  

Just letting you know.  Doesn’t work as a guest.  Does work when signed in, like now.

Wrote previously, but got no reply.

The Philippine Politics Forum required a password to read or post for nearly 2 years and the password requirement was just removed at the end of December.

I've checked the settings again and guest are not restricted from accessing Philippine Politics.

I saw your email with the same question only a few minutes before you created this thread. I figured it would be better to answer you here 1st, so others could read it.

Since you're a member and able to access that forum, I don't see how this is a problem for you.

I will continue to check it out, but it doesn't appear to be a software setting in the forum.

Jawny

I did try using Chrome, but the same result.  As a guest, no Philippine Politics.  

I don’t have a clue what icognito refers to.

It is a problem, but I’ll live with it.  Just wanted to share the odd situation.  

broden
2 minutes ago, Jawny said:

I don’t have a clue what icognito refers to.

in chrome if you click on the 3 little dots stacked on top of each other in the top right of the browser frame... the browser menu comes up

the third thing listed on the menu is incognito window... click on that to open one

firefox refers to it as a private window

• Thanks 1

Salty Dog

I just now spotted a guest in the Philippine Politics Forum

gvppp.JPG

shadow
51 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I just now spotted a guest in the Philippine Politics Forum

gvppp.JPG

I just checked, and have no problem reading the PP forum as a guest.

• Thanks 1

Kabisay-an gid

I was able to access Phil Politics with no problem when not signed in.

Jawny

I don’t know if it makes much difference if I’m the only memberwith this situation.  I wonder if it has anything to do with me NOT previously having logged in with a password to the forum. I’ll manage just fine, but does seem strange and requires some adjustments.