Sign in to follow this  
Voyager39

Online Travel Agent for Hotel Shopping

lopburi3

But it is an option - that is my point - how many infrequent, or even frequent travelers would even find that - you need to be aware of it and many travelers are not and arrive at hotel expecting to pay base price rather than the total price and they did not know it was not the same as most other sites.  Price is often lowest in any case but not by the amount expected.

Enuff
But it is an option - that is my point - how many infrequent, or even frequent travelers would even find that - you need to be aware of it and many travelers are not and arrive at hotel expecting to pay base price rather than the total price and they did not know it was not the same as most other sites.  Price is often lowest in any case but not by the amount expected.
How many show prices with taxes?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

lopburi3
12 minutes ago, Enuff said:

How many show prices with taxes?

All but Agoda in the below random check for Dohera Hotel in Cebu on Google Maps.

Check availability 

Ad
Check in
Wed, Mar 21 

Check out
Thu, Mar 22 

• Like 1

Enuff

You may be mistaken

96cab1af1fd6041a7625e10b3e906272.jpg

lopburi3

Sorry for delay (watching movie) - indeed it appears they are using true price on Google Maps now and some of others may not be.  They seem to have a much lower price for that property.  In most cases have not found much difference but you really need to compare all it seems as some will have better deals than others at times.  Thanks for info and hint to change Agoda currency page to display total cost.

Enuff
Sorry for delay (watching movie) - indeed it appears they are using true price on Google Maps now and some of others may not be.  They seem to have a much lower price for that property.  In most cases have not found much difference but you really need to compare all it seems as some will have better deals than others at times.  Thanks for info and hint to change Agoda currency page to display total cost.

I consider myself internet savvy, I use agoda and skyscanner because I can typically get the best price and book in under a minute. Both apps are awesome, I recommend using them.

JohnSurrey
1 hour ago, Enuff said:

I consider myself internet savvy, I use agoda and skyscanner because I can typically get the best price and book in under a minute. Both apps are awesome, I recommend using them.

Thanks for the info about the option to change Agoda display full price... is there a large section of the population who don't have to suffer Hotel Taxes?

Cannot think who Agoda are trying to help by displaying "base" price as they call it...

I found this on Trip Advisor:

From July 1, 2013 ALL additional/miscellaneous charges MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE FIRST DISPLAYED PRICE for marketing/advertising/promotions in Australia.

Seems like Agoda might have added the button to display the full price following the introduction of that law.