Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Mike

What can we discuss in the Off-Topic Forum?

Mr. Mike

With all of the changes lately...what topics can we discuss on this thread?

...and if they are controversial, will they be banned?...or just disappear ?

SkyMan

It's your thread.  What do you want to talk about?

• Like 1

Mr. Mike

Perhaps I should have been more clear. What can be discussed in "Off Topic"?

Jawny

I’ve alwsys had the impression that there were a variety of choices of topics to choose from.  If the topic doesn’t fit in these choices, I could post it there.  

• Like 1

Mr. Mike

It is hard to post any topic that does not turn political eventually... including, welfare...firearms...abortion...religion...single parent homes...domestic violence...school shootings...mental incompetency... the transgender phenomenon...white privilege...........you name it!

Everything we experience today is often controversial...and political in some way.

I guess I have misunderstood the purpose of "Off Topic"

Edited by Mr. Mike

Headshot

Off-topic is where you post fluff stories ... that have nothing to do with anything. If you want to know what you can't post, just refer to the old list of outlaw forums and the DK. Those things are no longer allowed on the forums. What popped out of the DK into the open forums were those topics that never needed to be in the DK in the first place (more fluff). Those topics that should have been in the DK are now banned. Everything in the outlaw forums was there because it tended to lead to unsolvable arguments, so they are also banned.

Mr. Mike

Thanks Headshot...I pretty much figured that out buddy.

....so no topics/problems that seem to be "unsolvable" can be discussed here? Or on this forum for that matter......... I see.

What you might call an argument, some might call a discussion or a debate.....I guess "fluffy" is best.

Edited by Mr. Mike
  • Like 1

Headshot
1 minute ago, Mr. Mike said:

....so no topics/problems that seem to be "unsolvable" can be discussed here? I see.

What you might call an argument, some might call a discussion or a debate.....I guess "fluffy" is best.

Well, neither me or you gets to define what is or isn't unsolvable, but I think the guidelines laid out long ago are still applicable. I think I would just go with that and stay away from those topics that tend to blow up.

• Like 1

softail
1 minute ago, Mr. Mike said:

....so no topics/problems that seem to be "unsolvable" can be discussed here? I see.

i think what he is trying to say is that they are squeezing the life out of these forums. There is only so much that can be discussed daily about the Philippines, other filler needs to be added and if there are those that don’t want to be included in some of these debates fine, don’t participate, read what interests you.

• Like 9

BossHog
2 hours ago, Mr. Mike said:

.what topics can we discuss on this thread?

Amelia Earhart!

Amelia-Earhart.jpg.afe3cab5913e70c5904c3e04769dfe4b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Headshot
1 minute ago, BossHog said:

Amelia Earhart!

Amelia-Earhart.jpg.afe3cab5913e70c5904c3e04769dfe4b.jpg

Perfect.

• Like 2

Mr. Mike

Softail is correct, I was trying to be diplomatic. I am just suggesting that LinC might have gone overboard in it's purge of controversial forums. I respect this forum as much as any member...just suggesting that one forum could be set aside for more pithy topics/discussions. We are all adults here.

• Like 3

Mr. Mike

...........AE often finished her letters with ..............LTM

now that is fluffy!

• Haha 1

jtmwatchbiz
34 minutes ago, Mr. Mike said:

Softail is correct, I was trying to be diplomatic. I am just suggesting that LinC might have gone overboard in it's purge of controversial forums. I respect this forum as much as any member...just suggesting that one forum could be set aside for more pithy topics/discussions. We are all adults here.

the forum is undergoing positive changes so eventually more will enjoy the site.   the team of staff was kind enough to let me sit in and snap a picture at one of their meetings and things seem to be discussed right now that will answer all your questions soon enough.   true some may not be happy with the rules but they are put in place to keep the forum civil and it's nothing personal...just business.    for now i would suggest once a discussion or debate grows "heated" then simply create a group pm and problem solved no?    also don't be afraid to pm staff and ask them questions as anyone can see from the snapshot they are a friendly helpful bunch  :biggrin_01:

corleonefamily.jpg

Edited by jtmwatchbiz
add ridiculous picture
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Richard K
46 minutes ago, Mr. Mike said:

We are all adults here.

I said this before... but obviously we all need to be regulated to nothing more controversial than arguing about whether McDo's or BK is better...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1