Sign in to follow this  
Kreole

Looking For Optician in Fuente Area

Kreole

I am in need of corrective lenses, as I am beginning to experience blurred vision in the distance and near.  This just started to be a problem about 2 months ago.  I went to a couple of optical eyewear places but none of them had the equipment or the level of professionalism I am looking for.  The exams were cursory and unsatisfactory at best.  Does anyone know of a professional optician with the technology to measure for corrective lenses?  By technology, I mean the optical devices that can quickly and accurately measure deviations.  What I have encountered so far is  really outdated, consisting of a pair of glasses (blanks) to which the person affixes a number of lenses while to test vision while I am looking at an eye chart on the wall or one in my hand.  Thanks ahead.

• Like 1

Davaoeno

Did you consider going to see an opthamologist ?

• Like 1

Headshot

Go to Robinson's Cybergate (across the street from Chong Hua), and look at their directory by the elevators. You will find Ophthalmologists there. If that doesn't work for you, just go across the street to Chong Hua, and ask the security guard where the eye clinic is.

• Like 2

Goetz1965

DONT go to chong hua eye clinic. The boss of that just will tell you that you have high blood and thus have a catarract — same he told me without even examining my eyes !

• Like 1

Jawny
2 hours ago, Kreole said:

I am in need of corrective lenses, as I am beginning to experience blurred vision in the distance and near.  This just started to be a problem about 2 months ago.  I went to a couple of optical eyewear places but none of them had the equipment or the level of professionalism I am looking for.  The exams were cursory and unsatisfactory at best.  Does anyone know of a professional optician with the technology to measure for corrective lenses?  By technology, I mean the optical devices that can quickly and accurately measure deviations.  What I have encountered so far is  really outdated, consisting of a pair of glasses (blanks) to which the person affixes a number of lenses while to test vision while I am looking at an eye chart on the wall or one in my hand.  Thanks ahead.

As suggested, an ophthalmologist is more likely a better choice.  If you are experiencing vision issues, there could be underlying problems in addition to the need for corrective eyewear. I know CDU Hospital has a clinic.  The opticians here often use older technologies for determining the eyewear prescription. I don’t have an issue with that myself. 

RR3

ophthalmologist - sorry, cannot pronounce that

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, RR3 said:

ophthalmologist - sorry, cannot pronounce that

No need- just write it on a piece of paper with a crayon ! ?

• Confused 1