Charlesleahy

Hi,

Does anyone living in Lapu-Lapu City have any idea how to go about paying a fine? Got stopped and given a ticket for stupidly not wearing a helmet on a short trip to Maccies. 

However can't for the life of me work out where I pay! Been to a load of locations and not even the police station knew lol, just about to give up, only had it 3 days.

Thanks in advance!

Charles

Did they take your license ??

Traffic management is not done by PNP (philippine national police)

it is done by Lapu Lapu city traffic management system  (CTMS)

You can ask at the Lapu Lapu city hall, oooh looks like the CTMS office is there also

map:

https://www.google.com.ph/search?rlz=1C1CHBD_enDK757DK757&q=traffic+office+lapu+lapu&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=10315097,123957341,961&tbm=lcl&ved=0ahUKEwj4x4iwnLbZAhVByrwKHVhMAMsQtgMIKA&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:2&rldoc=1#rlfi=hd:;si:;mv:!1m3!1d1650.8821563263077!2d123.96519879419202!3d10.316469554942408!3m2!1i1229!2i646!4f13.1

Edited by Woolf

https://ltoexam.com/fines-penalties/

h. Failure to Wear the Standard Protective Motorcycle Helmet or Failure to Require the Back Rider to Wear the Standard Protective Motorcycle Helmet

Wearing a helmet with a fake Philippine standard (PS) or Import Commodity Clearance (IIC) sticker shall be tantamount to riding a moving motorcycle without wearing a helmet.

₱ 1,500 (1st Offense)
₱ 3,000 (2nd Offense)
₱ 5,000 (3rd Offense)
₱ 10,000 (Fourth and Succeeding Offenses)

Charlesleahy

Thanks, that's where I ended up yesterday and all the cops there told me no not here go to marketplace lol. Told me to go back upto the trafic lights turn left to market place...

4 minutes ago, Charlesleahy said:

all the cops there told

cops = police ??

They are not police, they are traffic officers

Charlesleahy

Ow didn't know that...was wondering why they were dressed in yellow hehe. Yes sorry police. 

• 6 months later...

My drivers license is a 500 peso bill folded up in my wallet. When I hand them that I'm on my way. 

• Haha 1
RogerDuMond
5 minutes ago, yingy52 said:

My drivers license is a 500 peso bill folded up in my wallet. When I hand them that I'm on my way. 

I would not suggest that someone break the law further by attempting bribery. Get someone honest and you could end up with a home away from home for awhile.

We all the time complain about corruption on this list, but then do our part to perpetuate it.

Edited by RogerDuMond

When you are wrongly flagged over for "swerving" by a corrupt traffic enforcer...would you rather receive a ticket and then go through the process of fighting it at the LTO..waiting in line for your turn..spending more money and wasting your time?

Or just give the guy P500. Easy choice for me.