Sign in to follow this  
fredthehead

Nbi clearance

fredthehead

Hope someone can give some advice. My son is here to do some flying hours at a local flight school and needs to get his   nbi clearance done asap,he was given some wrong information by the flight school that has now set him back more than two weeks. Does anyone know the fastest route to getting the  nbi done asap. Thanks.

colemanlee

Go directly to NBI....they can get it done the fastest....a few pesos will speed up the process...

• Like 1

shadow
6 minutes ago, fredthehead said:

Hope someone can give some advice. My son is here to do some flying hours at a local flight school and needs to get his   nbi clearance done asap,he was given some wrong information by the flight school that has now set him back more than two weeks. Does anyone know the fastest route to getting the  nbi done asap. Thanks.

The official method of getting NBI clearance now is to fill out the form and make an appointment online;

https://www.nbiclearance.org/

We have had recent experience of a client doing a walk in (Dumaguete office), and getting it in a week with the help of a small "tip".

• Thanks 1

Soarking

When we got the NBI clearance for my son we just went to NBI by Capital Building.  The vendors outside will get you the appointment papers justoutside and the entire process took only a couple of hours.  We were home before noon with clearance in hand.

However if his name is flagged you need to go back a week later to pick up the clearance.   

I don’t remember the costs, but it was fairly cheap.

Edited by Soarking
  • Thanks 1

to_dave007

Last time we got NBI clearance (in Bogo City) was about 4 years ago.. so process may have changed.. we didn't need appointment at the time.  Was for my son (a minor) and I'm pretty sure we were done in a few hours. Don't remember having to come back another day.

billy
11 hours ago, colemanlee said:

Go directly to NBI....they can get it done the fastest....a few pesos will speed up the process...

sometimes they will give it on the same day otherwise it could take two weeks. my girl friend just went it will take two weeks for her clearance

Jawny

There are a variety of clearances, depending upon the purpose. For example, an NBI clearance for a gun permit is different than for use when getting a foreign visa.  In the gun permit case, and likely many others, it can be same day service.  For the others, it will take more time and will cost more and be provided on a different sort of document to meet the standards expected by the foreign governments. 

Im only guessing, but I suspect an NBI clearance for a flying permit or such would be same day service.  

• Like 1

badian

I got the NBI clearance I needed as one of my job requirements from the main Capitol office, but that was only because it was the closest outlet to where I happened to be staying at the time. It was quite time consuming, maybe 2.5 hours in total, the most time consuming of all the job requirements and I think getting it at an NBI office in a mall, would have been quicker. People in the office subsequently said that you should avoid the Capitol NBI office for getting your clearance. Forget how much it cost but it wasn't that much. Less than 200 pesos. The guy that took the fingerprints asked for a 50 peso 'tip', that was obviously bent. Although I did give him it. 

they gave me a chit with a reference number on it and said call us in two weeks, quoting the reference number. I gave them a few days more than that, called them, and they said it's ready. This time, on my second visit, I didn't have to wait in the long line to pick it up. The guy at the reception desk said go directly to the cashier and pick it up, I thought oh shit they're bound to ask for something more like 50/100 pesos, but they didn't, and there was no additional fee. 

Edited by badian
  • Thanks 1

fredthehead

WentMy son went to the   NBI office in cebu city today,he waited in line for about 1 hour went to the window and completed a form.....then had his fingerprints taken digitally,then went around the back where the guy took his fingerprints with ink and the guy asked my son for 50 pesos telling my son to call the number in 3 weeks,because my son needed the clearance asap he told my son to call a number in manila after 1 week to see if it was OK.

fredthehead

The NBI clearance. My son needs is for him to be a flight instructor at Mactan.