The entire family launch cruise from hell in Australia after the mass brawl-

Kahuna

Kahuna

An entire family were removed from a ten-day cruise in the South Pacific after a mass brawl and accusations of repeated intimidating behaviour towards other passengers.   Footage captured the Carnival Legend ship’s crew and security personnel attempting to break up a chaotic fight between several passengers at around 12.45am on Friday morning.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/23-members-of-the-same-family-were-kicked-off-the-carnival-cruise-from-hell/ar-BBJe5Ad

A violent brawl broke out aboard a Carnival Cruise Lines ship in Australia — leading to 23 members of the same family getting kicked off the trip.

At least 30 people aboard the Carnival Legend cruise ship were injured during the fight, which broke out around 12:45 a.m. Friday, according to the Sydney Morning Herald. While it is unclear how the mid-sea squabble started, footage obtained by Australian radio station 3AWRadio shows security personnel scrambling to break up a crowd of people who were throwing punches and tackling passengers to the ground.

The fight, which broke out on the eighth night of the 10-day cruise, prompted the ship to dock in New South Wales, where 23 passengers — all part of the same family — were removed from the boat, a Carnival Cruise spokesperson confirmed to TIME. The cruise then continued on its journey back to Melbourne.

It is still unclear if the family will face any charges for the fight, though Marine Area Command officials are currently investigating it.

Passengers described the incident as a “bloodbath” — and one even dubbed the 10-day trip the “cruise from hell,” according to 9News, a local Australian news outlet.

David Barkho, whose son was on the cruise, told 3AW that he received a call from him around 1 a.m. asking if he could call the police. Barkho’s son told him that he could see “a lot of people bleeding, a lot of people down on the ground.”

Cruise representatives said they are currently conducting a full investigation into the incident.

“The safety and security of our guests and crew is our number one priority; we apply a zero-tolerance approach to excessive behavior that affects other guests,” Carnival Cruise Line said in a statement.

Semper paratus

Don't they have jail cells on these ships ? Keel haul them and throw the survivors in the brig. 

• Thanks 1
Mr. Mike

Cruise ships used to be a wonderful getaway, but over the last decade or so they have become just a petri dish of nasty germs and microorganisms....especially in the staterooms. It seems the organisms have evolved....

I wouldn't take a  cruise on one of those common cruise lines if it was given to me for free.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
Mr. Mike

...in previous times, they would not be able to afford the price of the cruise.

...gotta fill those cabins up at all costs.....welcome aboard!

Semper paratus

Can't take a ship anymore, airplanes are full of troubled people. I'll just stay home. What a sad world. I'll just stay in "my world", everyone in here is fun.  

• Like 4
Davaoeno
1 hour ago, Mr. Mike said:

Cruise ships used to be a wonderful getaway, but over the last decade or so they have become just a petri dish of nasty germs and microorganisms....especially in the staterooms. It seems the organisms have evolved....

I wouldn't take a  cruise on one of those common cruise lines if it was given to me for free.

Common????  Not good enough for the upper class people I guess ?

47 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Common????  Not good enough for the upper class people I guess ?

Nope

Walmart vs Rustans?

• Like 1
bounder

If I was one of the other passengers, I would be asking for a refund....and if assaulted, some financial restitution for injuries received.  Although, the real question is, if the individuals were that unruly, why did it take so long for them to be removed???  Ignoring a problem, doesn't necessarily make it go away.....especially in a confined area as a ship.

• Like 3
oztony

That was the 2nd cruise ship incident in a week here in Aus , another one turned back after disembarking from Sydney and unloaded half a dozen people after an incident on board...a Russian woman ended up being charged with assault and affray.....the inconvenience to the other passengers with this type of behavior is just horrendous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unlimited drinks - all inclusive, thats just not the way to do it.

SkyMan
34 minutes ago, Contango said:

Unlimited drinks - all inclusive, thats just not the way to do it.

Unless it's changed you have to pay for drinks on Carnival.  Of course, you can BYOB if you can sneak it in which isn't hard.

• Thanks 1