Sign in to follow this  
Richard K

Is this contraception?

Richard K

What is happening to this site?
Can someone please explain the motivation of squashing any and all variance of opinions?
Like all things that are severely controlled that will fail...
I am not sure what the motivation is here now...people WILL  leave... it has already started.. I am tenacious and liked the debate..but this is getting kind of too much even for me...
what is the point  oh wise and ownershipness?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Salty Dog
10 minutes ago, Richard K said:

What is happening to this site?
Can someone please explain the motivation of squashing any and all variance of opinions?
Like all things that are severely controlled that will fail...
I am not sure what the motivation is here now...people WILL  leave... it has already started.. I am tenacious and liked the debate..but this is getting kind of too much even for me...
what is the point  oh wise and ownershipness?

Are we having some problem here...

Richard K
9 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Are we having some problem here...

It was a simple question...suddenly in one day this has become a different type of site.
Am I to ascertain that controversy and debate are no longer welcomed here?
That grown men can not differ in opinions and debate that on this site any longer?
That was my question....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Salty Dog
Just now, Richard K said:

It was a simple question...suddenly in one day this has become a different type of site.
Am I to ascertain that controversy and debate are no longer welcomed here?
That grown men can not differ in opinions and debate that on this site any longer?
That was my question....

I assume you're talking about the Outlaw Forums.

This forum was orginally created for its namesake, Living in Cebu. Over the years it's grown to cover all of the Philippines.

In recent years, political discord caused a lot of complaints from members and a compromise was attempted by creating the Outlaw Forums. 

Members were given some leeway in those forums, in hope that things would cool off in the other forums. It didn't work. In fact it got worse and carried back into the other forums where it was poisoning threads there as well. Keeping the Outlaw Forums open any longer would be counterproductive.

As for your statement that difference of opinions and debate seem to be no longer allowed on LinC. Anyone can see that there are plenty of differences of opinion and debate in many if not damn near every thread on LinC. Often to the detriment of the thread. 

However if politics and controversial topics are someone's cup of tea. There are hundreds of other forums out there where they can participate in such debate.

• Like 3

Richard K

gotcha...well good luck with that... I hope it all becomes puppy's and butterflies for you all that seem to crave that
I will try to keep my antagonistic manners under control... should be interesting to watch how this rolls...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Salty Dog
1 minute ago, Richard K said:

gotcha...well good luck with that... I hope it all becomes puppy's and butterflies for you all that seem to crave that
I will try to keep my antagonistic manners under control... should be interesting to watch how this rolls...

Thank you...