Locked Up Abroad

After reading the book i would find it hard to understand why anyone would go to some much detail about what happened if in fact it was not true.

I'm still open to it being real. I really am but it seems made up to me. Why would someone do this? Fame, maybe the money from book sales? I could be wrong. In the episode he did say he was kidnapped in Cebu. I would think an American being kidnapped in Cebu would be big news and so far I haven't read anything about it from a news source.

Banged Up Abroad looks to be the same show with a title Americans can understand (locked up). That clip is the Kuwait episode which was excellent. So it originated from Great Britain and is now playing in the US? Well of course. The people on the show can be very funny in describing how dumb they were. They will try and bring kilo's of cocaine into Europe and do it for the paltry sum of 2,500 Pounds or 5k USD. Great great show.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Edited by Earl

There's been a few political prisoner episodes, the couple in the philippines where the husband dies in the rescue that was one. India had a good one.

The English Indian and Pakastani friend from the tribal areas. He takes the Brit into Afganistan.

The English Indian and Pakastani friend from the tribal areas. He takes the Brit into Afganistan.

Philippines do not go against the clan. La Familia... Especially in this kind of situation. And the Filipino friend who was beheaded. Lets get the 411 on this cat. Oh yeah his demise was made up. Whether Catholic or Muslim, in the Philippines going against the clan is going against god. Joseph please. He's a character in a movie.

From my quote: He's a Brit but of Indian decent that he takes across the border into Afganistan.

Ah an American got hoodwigged by British Indian who happen to be the most Notorious British Pakistani. Fooled ya. Taking him to a party. Oh he was slick. Then another American fell for it. He even brought along a box of chocolates.

Edited by Earl
Alan S

Whilst I dont disagree with anyone having a cynical view, it is a fact that not everything that happens in the world is reported on mianstream US television.

True. But what I'm doing here is ranting about an episode of a TV show that is about something that did happen. A very reputable TV show on an a reputable Network. The National Geographic Channel.

Edited by Earl
True. But what I'm doing here is ranting about an episode of a TV show that is about something that did happen. A very reputable TV show on an a reputable Network. The National Geographic Channel.

I love that show, been hooked on it since it came out here in Oz. I know the Bio Channel has started a similar show as well.