• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tullioz

• Woolf

• Headshot

• BossHog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your lucky the storm may take down the power lines so you have no power for a few weeks  giving you more savings 

I have been watching this system on the models over the past several days and it looks like at the very least a strong tropical storm will be approaching The Visayas by Monday. It may even become a ty

Posted Images

Tullioz
6 hours ago, RangerUp said:

This Filipino storm is 24 hours late, NOW it's raining hard, flooding.

Actually the center of the storm was passing due south of Cebu (124E) around 4pm, so only a couple of hours slower than what the models had shown from a couple of days ago.  As of  2am the center of the storm is already west of Negros about where the red circle is, and the heavy rain that is currently falling north and west of Cebu into Samar and Leyte is not directly associated with the tropical storm its self.

That rain is more of a result from the warm moist air circulating counterclockwise around the tropical system interacting with cool dry air circulating clockwise around an area of higher pressure to the north. I would imagine there's going to be some pretty serious flooding taking place in parts of Samar and Leyte as a result of this.

storm13.jpg.b0f0ff06b7c3f04305287cd0b223f3ff.jpg

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Tullioz said:

That rain is more of a result from the warm moist air circulating counterclockwise around the tropical system interacting with cool dry air circulating clockwise around an area of higher pressure to the north. I would imagine there's going to be some pretty serious flooding taking place in parts of Samar and Leyte as a result of this.

After reading your explanation above why Leyte is getting pounded with rain right now while the storm track below clearly shows that the storm is well to the west makes a little more sense.Thanks.

Basyang-0214_CNNPH.png.ff7fef156cc2a4084ff29485405a4442.png

5 hours ago, Tullioz said:

Actually the center of the storm was passing due south of Cebu (124E) around 4pm, so only a couple of hours slower than what the models had shown from a couple of days ago.  As of  2am the center of the storm is already west of Negros about where the red circle is, and the heavy rain that is currently falling north and west of Cebu into Samar and Leyte is not directly associated with the tropical storm its self.

storm13.jpg.b0f0ff06b7c3f04305287cd0b223f3ff.jpg

If you get a chance today, could you move the arrows a bit so the rain will go away.  My fil has a birthday party today and I don’t want to set up a shelter.

• Haha 2
JamesMusslewhite

Well we were still in a brownout until a couple of hours ago. I hope all the members who live in the path of this storm fared well. We caught quite a bit of rain the night of the storm as well as high winds.