• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tullioz

• Woolf

• Headshot

• BossHog

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your lucky the storm may take down the power lines so you have no power for a few weeks  giving you more savings 

I have been watching this system on the models over the past several days and it looks like at the very least a strong tropical storm will be approaching The Visayas by Monday. It may even become a ty

Posted Images

Semper paratus
6 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

I'd like an exact time down to the minute when the first rain drop will fall in Cebu City, thanks.

"In a while sir"

it is raining in Talisay City now

I was out shopping on the motor, good thing I managed to get home before it started

I imaging that there will no going to immigration tomorrow on the motor, I think I better take the van

shadow

It started raining here about an hour ago, lightly at first. Pouring now, lightning, thunder...

Tullioz
47 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

Came down hard for a few minutes but now it's just a drizzle.

The center of the storm is located about where the red X is based on the most recent satellite loops, so there will be plenty of opportunities for more heavy rain in Cebu. The system never really got organized, so it's kind of hit or miss on trying to guess who's going to see the really heavy rain, but there will be some areas in Northern Mindanao and the Southern Visayas that will see flooding and landslides between now and tomorrow evening. 

storm10.jpg.41f79a371fd762dd627e514453adb1d7.jpg

Edited by Tullioz
Tullioz
8 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Unfortunately the radar site at Hinatuan in Surigao Del Sur went offline a few hours ago so those of us in Mindanao can't see what's coming our way at the moment.  Hopefully it will be back up soon.

Edited by Tullioz
5 hours ago, BossHog said:

Basyang18_06_Signals.thumb.png.dc2e62f3d0ed1e6d489d0a38feb28d7b.png

ROFL Now this 'is' a funny one. Samar gets hit and we are still in the white to the left of it. Do we have some sort of invisible curtain to protect us?  Mld rain and wind here now. Bang goes my painting plans.

liquido

Im so lucky....I was in Bantayan Island from Friday until this morning...I flew there Friday from Cebu on AirJuan ,,,nice flight...Was monitoring the storm over the weekend..weather was beautiful in Bantayan from friday until after I left?I know there were alot of people that would be missing there flight  because of not being able to get off of Bantayan Island due to NO ferries running.Thank god I was flying AirJuan back to Cebu ..My flight left at 11am this morning on AirJuan's Cessna 9 seater(all full of course) Caravan.Had  a nice tailwind and made it to Cebu in 30 mins with a fairly smooth VFR flight...My CP flight leaving for Davao was 4:40pm and was just a few mins late..First 10 mins were a little bumpy after taking off  but after that was fairly smooth to Davao..It just started drizzling when I was in the taxi  after arrival...Sometimes the luck of the Gods are with you...

Headshot

We had pretty heavy rain and fairly breezy for about an hour before dinner, but then it died down. As is typical for storms like this, the rain and wind come in bands. So far, it has just given my lawn a good soaking, but then I mowed it this afternoon, so rain is good.

20180212_165920.thumb.jpg.5fd02518f978eb6a8dc6ec0ec36da261.jpg

Tullioz

Here are a couple of sites for monitoring rainfall that can be useful in situations where flooding is a concern. You just have to zoom into the area you you are interested in, set the perimeters, and click on the icon. Unfortunately a lot of them are not reporting at all times, so it can be hit and miss. 

rain1.jpg.2f50a67a8af76aa5594cb49bd0c37e20.jpg
http://noah.up.edu.ph/#/

rain2.jpg.b19531f8952c60dadc5b8b1b3bb66cde.jpghttps://www.wunderground.com/wundermap

Edited by Tullioz
shadow
11 hours ago, Headshot said:

Well, if they declare a signal 1 for Cebu, then DepEd will close the schools on Tuesday, so you are likely right.

Cancellation and suspension of classes are observed directly from the weather bulletins of the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA).

Classes in the affected areas shall be automatically cancelled or suspended once the PAGASA raised the following storm signals: 1) Signal No.1, public and private pre-school and kindergarten classes; 2) Signal No. 2, public and private pre-school, kindergarten, elementary and high school classes (including Senior High School); and Signal No. 3, classes in all levels.

http://www.deped.gov.ph/press-releases/deped-reiterates-suspension-classes-guidelines-during-typhoons

• Thanks 2